In Gods We Trust

Antman9
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: In Gods We Trust

#21 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rakjak stops eating in order to stare at the young human Caiden as he speaks, the Gnoll's face getting wider in a smile as he finishes his, completely insincere, apology. Rakjak stands up with a hoot, laughing joyfully as he walks along the table towards Caiden, "I like dis guy! All o' yous!! I like him!" Rakjak stops when he is directly in front of the young human and playfully, yet a lot stronger then necessary, slaps him on the shoulder, "Ever'body kno's dat all tings magic gives stuff ah spice! But dat is alwayz da tricks! How to cook up all dat magics in da foods??! Oil!" Rakjak descends into a barking fit spaced in between fits of high pitched laughter, as he looks around the group, none understanding him he dials it back and tries to say it in common, "Mos' ah dese... Eh.. Cooks! Dey cook wit difrent oils, yes? Like ta git da best taste out ah meat ya gots ta cook it ova bars laid ontop of da fire! But wit oils ya can cook stuff faster and better! Mos' use veg...veget..." He barks once more, giving up and just using gnollish, "Oils ta cook, but dat don't do nuffin ta magics, jus dries em all up! So you's gotta use tougher stuff!! Like'a fire gem or ah flame giant's esse..n..sse. Yes! Essennnsse!" He gives another hard smack to Caiden, this time aiming for his back as he gives the human a wide dog grin and shining eyes, "Yous onta sumtin!!"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kel "I don't know about cooking but I do know about axes and chopping down trees I won't be needing any fire and hope tyhe needs does not arise for me to attack a bunch of trees. Equipment not rightfully sure of what I'll need all I know is my axe and proper chopping methods."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Caiden is perplexed by the enthusiastic cook, he breaks into laughter, "YES! That is exactly what I meant word for word!", he laughs some more, "Thank you my friend, I needed that", he drinks some more, "And if I die, you can use that oil to cook me if you'd like, it seems you don't have a problem with eating sentient intelligent beings", he laughs some more
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rakjak laughs with Caiden, shaking his head in an enthused manner, "I dont knos what dos words mean..." Rakjak then looks to the other party members before leaning closer to Caiden, a hand covering his Gnollish mouth in a conspiratory way, "Humans taste like pork." Rakjak then immediately begins laughing again in a high pitched tone that bears striking resemblance to a Hyena's laugh.

After settling down Rakjak stares at the Half-giant, a smile on his face as he nods and points a thumb to his chest, "I Rakjak! I cook. You chop, we's all gots jobs ta do, yes? Yes!" Rakjak then takes a moment to descend back into laughter as he makes his way to the table again, intent on finishing all the food... he wasn't raised to waste food.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Dram »

Lyaera- She smiles when Kel flexes his arms. When he grabs his axe as the Kobolds come in the door she grabs her dagger from belt and ducks under the table. As Babak reassures that all is safe Lyaera stands up from under the table puts one dagger back in belt. Thank You good sir. You say we may have anything we want. I would like the biggest Backpack you can get. Oh Oh and a bow. She begins to pick thru the anything interesting in the room. She also grabs a bag from her pack and puts the food not being ate inside the bag.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by Sol »

Zirus watches the events unfolding around him with interest and says nothing, since it seems the important matters are being attended to. He stares blankly at the gnoll, Rakjak, and wonders how a cook could be along on such a mission. He nods approvingly as Kel and Lyaera pair up. He wonders at the kobolds.

He moves through the room, nodding at his companions as he passes them in imitated politeness, finally stopping before the Honey Badger. "This-s-s-s, I dare say," intones the Lizard Man, "Is-s-s for you." He presents the Badger with a small wand from his belt. It is a Wand of Wonder. "So sayeth the devourer, so it mus-s-s-s-t be so."

(See my character sheet for details on the Wand of Wonder and feel free to transfer it to your own sheet).

To Rakjak he tilts his head, then says, "Indeed, one of fine tastes. For you, a s-s-s-mall token, too." He passes to the gnoll a vial of six pills. (These are the Pills of Devouring - again see my character sheet for details). "Eat in good health, lest you be eaten," says Zirus.

To the small woman, Lyaera, he offers a cup on a string with a crystal attached - which he has kept tucked into the strap on his backpack. "I sens-s-s-s-e that this is for you, Morsel," he says, "Use it as you will when you need answers.

"For you others, I have only the gift of my own advice. Always s-s-s-stay together on the Path and honor each other as you honor yourself. Only in this way will we be delivered from the appetite of the Mother for another day." He slams his serpent staff three times upon the hard stone floor, then falls strangely silent once again.
Ready your Sword, your Spells, your Warhammer. The Iron Realm Podcast awaits!
http://theironrealm.blogspot.com/
stephberg
Scout
Scout

#27 Post by stephberg »

[Tafari - lvl 0] (hp: 10/10) (AC: 14)
Actions: Maybe I am meant to be here.

Tafari pulls back slightly at Zirus approaches, being amongst such seemingly hardened folk for the first time, he's not sure how to react.
He accepts the wand and stares at Zirus, an immediate understanding of what he holds comes to him.
Thank you he whispers.

Tafari comes forward, greeting each member of the party in their native tongue, coordinated with the proper gesture common in their respective lands.
Tafari's voice is low and grumbly, sounding as if it could be wielded with great power if only he knew how. Sounding somewhat sheepish and speaking common with a bit of an Old English accent.
NO, no, no, NO. No chopping, no burning, no cooking, no eating. I feel we're headed down a very dark path here. We cannot simply run in to a forest with the intent of chopping and burning. The very essence of life is at stake here. Would you kill your own mother to rid her of a demon, or find a way to banish the demon? We MUST think before we act, or we'll all be doomed, and doom every living thing in the process. I have been given an incredible gift, my people have risen from nothing in such a short history. How can we turn to attack that which has given so much? My history is not nearly as long as yours, but there was a time that you, yourself, did not exist. We MUST observe, study, learn. Let us not run in with blades drawn, but ask to be welcomed, as respectful guests, in her home. I beg of you, we need not resort to such violence.
He looks from person to person, hoping for understanding.
"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission!"
-Rear Admiral Grace Hopper
Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by Sol »

Zirus blinks his eyes at the Honey Badger's pronouncement, then allows his eyes to move from one member of the group to another. "I believe," says the Lizard Man at last, "That our group has-s-s-s been sent its leader. From one so small comes integrity and purpose. On this one's wisdom, I know we can rely. If you s-s-s-so concur you others-s-s-s, do say so now and let it come to pass."
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rakjak stares blankly at the Honey Badger and Lizard, then looking to the others with a look of deep confusion. He walks towards Tafari, getting far closer than necessary and begins sniffing him, poking around his chest, shoulders, and back. After what seems to be an intense interrogation of the honey badgers person rakjaks steps back and shakes his head to the lizard, "No. Rakjak smell ta fear on him. He no leader, Make ta group weak. No like cooking or chopping or stabbings or eatings" Rakjak points to himself and the other group members, including Zirus, "Dere is Gnoll Saying... Hard say in common... Goes like, Dog wit weak stomach no handle food for pups or bites for prey." With a simple shrug he looks to the other group members.
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Dram »

Lyaera- Inspects the cup creafully before touching it. She thanks him quietly. Thank you? It will go fine with my other treasures. She takes the cup sits in a corner facing the doors. Begins to inspect all aspects of the cup. Xup,string and crystal.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kel "What Sirus or was it Zirus? You mean you were leaderless before? I thought perhaps you had been the former leader? But yes if Tafari is to be the leader then so be it I am in no way wanting to lead."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by Sol »

"Call me Zirus," says the Lizard Man to Kel, "No, we were not without a leader before. Yet he who led us-s-s-s has vanished." Zirus takes a moment to contemplate the last time he saw Seeker. He shakes off the vision before returning to the conversation.

To Rakjak he says, "Ah, yes-s-s-s, he is small and he is afraid," says Zirus, "And he fears-s-s-s you, too, Gnoll, and he fears me, and all the others-s-s in this room. Yes-s-s-s-s, I smell this, too." Zirus pauses, leaning close to the badger, flicking his tongue in and out. "Yet he has-s-s told us his mind, all the same despite his fear, and the words he has spoken ring true. We cannot hope to fight the goddess. Perhaps by respect, as Tafari suggests, we shall escape her notice long enough to find the man we seek."
stephberg
Scout
Scout

#33 Post by stephberg »

[Tafari - lvl 0] (hp: 10/10) (AC: 14)
Actions: Stop poking me!

Tafari flinches with each poke, looking confused, and a bit concerned. Nearly about to explode from the anxiety of the situation, when the canid suddenly turns and address the lizard man. Looking indignant, Tafari addresses Rakjak
I am neither dog, nor pup, and I would appreciate you not poking me like a piece of meat. And I'll have you know, I have a fine palate, and a taste for fine foods. My lands grow only the best fruits and vegetables, the likes of which, you could not imagine! Everything, in fact grows wonderfully, from the smallest insect to the most advance beings...well, as long as your not human anyway...they don't seem to fair well. he trails off...
Tafari, sheepish again, turn towards the lizard man. I don't know that I'm your leader, I'm far too young, too much to learn, too many things to study. I came to study the creatures of the old world, learn from the old races. And I am terrified! I'm no fighter, my people once lived in violence, fighting for every meal. Now we have flourished by spreading knowledge. Thru educational advancement, we have avoided war. Yes, we still have our protectors, I was not born in to that life. We decide by committee, we discuss, weigh our options, and decide the proper path, not for us, but for our land. I would encourage the same here. Even Kel and his ax will provide an important voice to hear.
Tafari looks around the room. It's true that we must enter the forest, but let us observe and learn. I'm sure we can just run out for a bit and return here for dinner to discuss what we've learned.
"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission!"
-Rear Admiral Grace Hopper
thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#34 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Caiden hides his laughs as the gnoll pokes the honey badger all over as if to test his texture as an ingredient, "You might have misunderstood, the oil is for defensive measures, I don't want to lay waste to forests for the simple reason of doing so, it stands against what I believe, but if that would protect us and the fate of this world then I would do it in a heart-beat, only as a last measure though. And I commend you on your determination not to result to violence but it's foolish and naive", he takes his bow and rests it on his lap staring at it with remorse in his eyes, "I dislike fighting, even though I am good with simply using my fists I chose a bow because people are more likely to back off if an arrow was pointed at them but most don't really care, driven by their desires for whatever, so all you can do is", he pulls the string lightly and releases, "fire. So do you mean to persuade the mother of all to stop what it sees as its whole purpose for existing since aeons before any of us were here? Or to persuade the whole of this world to be satisfied with what they got and ask for more the more they get? Because both are equally impossible, you my friend truly need this adventure", he smiles and puts the bow on his back.

He hears about the talk of leaders and joins the conversation, "If you want a leader I nominate Zirus, I knew the man for a while and I can vouch for him as an hounorable, determined, merciful, brave man who has all the necessary factors to lead us, he might have some...innate needs", he checks to see if he is the only human there, "But with this group it's not an issue"
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
GreyWolfVT

#35 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kel the half-giant adds to the conversation "I'll gladly follow Zirus as well whomever wishes to lead. I am only a woodsman after all I don't care who is leading us." the looking around at the oddball collection of a party before him and then remembering the one hiding behind him "We are a great gathering of oddities I assure you we will not attack the forest lest it attack us first. Oh and you may want to stop poking him he is like the rest of us not some thing to cook or poke best stop before he takes that finger off."

Sol
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#36 Post by Sol »

Zirus regards Tafari curiously, for he appears to shy from his destiny. The Lizard Man has seen great things in him, and he is surprised, too, that the others do not see what he has seen. One day and perhaps soon, considers Zirus to himself, One day you will claim what you are destined to claim.

"S-s-s-so be it," says the Lizard Man, "I shall take the mantle. We leave at dawn and we s-s-s-seek the Druid. We go ready to fight, but only strike should the battle be brought to us-s-s-s. As for food," he says, considering the gnoll and the badger, "We shall devour rather than be devoured if we are pressed to it, for this, too, is Nature's way."

Zirus falls silent then, his thoughts in contemplation of their former leader, whose role has fallen to him now. He thinks of that leader and those in his charge who are fallen and prays for those lost in the dark.
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Dram »

Lyaera- Half hearing the conversation going on around her. Hearing that they will set off in the morning. Yes! yes Zirus will be good leader. I shall be sleeping outside. She goes back to her cup. She looks it over for any words written on the cup. She walks over to the table grabs a pitcher of water, pours some into the cup.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by Antman9 »

NPC Post: Babak – Gargoyle – Gunther Wilmhest’s little helper

Babak continues to pet the big black kitten, Tobias, while he listens intently to the entire conversation around him, taking mental note anytime someone mentions a desired item of need, and nodding his head accordingly. His little stone-colored lips maintain a continuous smile, never once frowning regardless of what is happening around him.
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by Antman9 »

NPC Post: Tobias – Grimalkin (HP: 26/26) (AC: 10)

Tobias allows Babak to stroke his silky, shiny, black fur, purring the whole time. As Tafari begins to speak for the first time about observation, study, and his people’s educational advancements, Tobias takes a keen interest, perking his ears and dilating his pupils to get a better look at the creature speaking.

His purring stops, though he allows Babak to continue stroking his fur, as he watches every gesture and listens to every syllable from Tafari’s lips. Once Tafari has completed his speech Tobias says casually, “The talking badger appears to have a keen intellect. Something I have seen somewhere before in my travels with…well, that is neither here nor there. If you must know I am certain I would be willing to discuss the matter, in length, at a later time of course. That is if my new master is willing to participate in said conversation.” Tobias looks to Zirus for confirmation but does not stop talking.

You are a curious creature, Tafaareee is it? Either way, I’m certain we should be friends. I too come from a master in search of knowledge, though if I am not mistaken, and I am often not, his was for, how should I say it, more nefarious endeavors. If I might interject, and I am certain that I must, your age would have nothing to do with anything in the matters that have been in discussion thus far, nor any other matter for that matter, and I am certain, if your palate is as fine as you say, that we will most assuredly become the fastest of friends.

Tobias closes his eyes and begins to purr in time with Babak’s stroking, then opens them briefly to say, “That is all, you may continue with your debate of leaders, meal choices, proper paths, and such. I am in need of a nap I think.”
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by Antman9 »

Ēventus Interruptiō!: 9:55 pm, July 9th 9001

A Human, clad in jet and gold full plate armor with a great red dragon on the chestplate, covered from head to toe in grime and dark patches of blood, leaves and twigs sticking out here and there, a jet black helm clutched tightly in his left hand, and a two-handed greatsword swinging rather stiffly in his right hand, bursts through the door, looks around with a grim and wild look, then storms back out.

Right on his heels flutters a 2’ 2” radiantly beautiful Pixie. Her hair and wings are a lovely opaque white, her skin soft and pale, her lips the softest pink. Her silken hair, soft long and white, flutters in the soft breeze of her ornately beautiful wings. A skin-tight, brilliant, white dress, hugs the ample curves of her body.

Her eyes begin to sparkle and a lush rich voice issues from her lips as she says, “Hello,” and then flutters off behind the Human.

Pixie
Esilia_Willow.jpg
Esilia_Willow.jpg (15.95 KiB) Viewed 984 times
Caiden:
You will recognize the man as Gavin Moorehouse, a 9th level Knight of the Rose from Verbobonc, some 90 miles northeast of the village of Hommlet. You met him in the wizard’s tower in Hommlet during the Edistone Point adventure. He was sent by his order to investigate rumors of strange creatures and began moving villagers to the Keep of Old, just west of Hommlet near the River of Ood.
Caiden & Zirus:
The Pixie you recognize as Esilia Willow (a Pixie sorceress), friend of Delea the White (a High Elf magic user), and your previous guide to Edistone Point. She sometimes takes the form of a large white crow.

Return to “Dragons Belch: A New Beginning”