Chapter 1 - Rescue Mission

corum
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Chapter 1 - Rescue Mission

#21 Post by corum »

Astrogate outer rim to core = DC18

R2-X3 Astrogate check (+11)::: [1d20] = 11 +11 = 22

R2-X3 skillfully pilots the ship, you feel brief turbulence as the hyperdrive engages...

It takes a few days (96 hours) to arrive @ Fondor

((OOC: will update in morning as its late in UK, Feel free to RP journey stuff with each other in the meantime))
jpfite
Squire
Squire

#22 Post by jpfite »

Trinn, a young human, nods when looked at during the briefing. He found the manner in which they were being sent on this mission to be quite rushed. However, he remained quiet until they were aboard the ship. He had spent much of the briefing talking himself into staying on the mission. With little to gain and to be forced to work with strangers and the Rebels was hardly ideal. However, he knew he had to make the best of it.

"We haven't got much choice now do we." Trinn takes a seat and puts his hands behind his head. "I do appreciate the gesture though. But, that's boring stuff. Let's hear more about the Jedi of old." He turns towards the Togruta and smiles.
Daftendirekt
Squire
Squire

#23 Post by Daftendirekt »

Ventri opens her eyes, coming out of meditation to peer up at the Duros speaking to her.

"My name is Ventri, Ranik. I am so interested in the Jedi because I spent my entire life learning about them. While I have knowledge of the Force, it is crude and limited compared to what the Jedi were capable of. If this man truly is a real Jedi, to learn from him would be a great thing."

As she speaks, the togruta stands up, smoothing her layered brown robes as she moves over to a seat near Groznik, towards whom she feels an unexplained connection -- the Force.
I'm also on GitP.

Ventri here & on Myth-Weavers
kladams707
Squire
Squire

#24 Post by kladams707 »

Groznik looked down at Ventri, a bit surprised someone came near him. Indeed he was rather imposing, but was refreshing to see someone approach him, at least somewhat. He smiled though, attempting a friendly demeanor. He had heard what she said. Though he never really considered it, learning something from this Jedi could prove beneficial. "

"Aoacahwhor acwo ahc shwowaah?" he asked Ventri.
Think he's Jedi?
He too knew about the Jedi purge, so he had his suspicions. But he just had to wait and find out.
corum
Tracker
Tracker

#25 Post by corum »

kladams707 wrote:Groznik looked down at Ventri, a bit surprised someone came near him. Indeed he was rather imposing, but was refreshing to see someone approach him, at least somewhat. He smiled though, attempting a friendly demeanor. He had heard what she said. Though he never really considered it, learning something from this Jedi could prove beneficial. "

"Aoacahwhor acwo ahc shwowaah?" he asked Ventri.
Think he's Jedi?
He too knew about the Jedi purge, so he had his suspicions. But he just had to wait and find out.
nice post, nice use of the spoiler bar!
corum
Tracker
Tracker

#26 Post by corum »

Eventually you emerge from hyperspace, the old freighter clanks and whirs and for a second loose power, but it has made it to Fondor!

From space the planets surface looks purple, the same purple as its hairless humanoid residents. Its surface, appears scarred by the mining that has taken place on the planet famed for its ship building yards. It is not long before you are flying past the Kuat Drive Yards that orbit the planet. Some are operational and belch smoke into the atmosphere. Others look entirely dormant and hang like great metal asteroids in space. There is no sign of imperial forces. Eventually, you come to what must be Varkans yard.

R2-X3 chirps as he brings the ship into dock...

The yard has three docks, but yours is the only ship. A middle aged Sullustan wearing a red jump-suit and grey blast vest emerges from a derelict looking cantina. He is flanked by a translator droid. He waves, your ship in.

When the ship finally come to rest R2-X3 disconnects from the nav computer, and wheels off at speed to make repairs...

((action please!))

Expl0siv0
Runner
Runner

#27 Post by Expl0siv0 »

"Seems we've arrived. That droid's not a bad pilot." Ranik remarked. "You guys saw that Sullustan at the cantina right? I guess that's our guy. Let's head on it but watch yourselves in there." Ranik was familiar with fights at cantina's and he knew to be on the look for anyone suspicious.
Daftendirekt
Squire
Squire

#28 Post by Daftendirekt »

I don't know if I should assume that Zerrack is translating all the Shyriiwook... If he does, Ventri will respond with something along the lines of "yes." If not, she'll apologetically inform Groznik she doesn't speak Shyriiwook.
Used to natural, 'primitive' settings, this grungy metallic place is somewhat strange to Ventri as she disembarks, archaic bow and quiver slung on her back and spear carried like a walking stick as she follows Ranik.
I'm also on GitP.

Ventri here & on Myth-Weavers
kladams707
Squire
Squire

#29 Post by kladams707 »

Groznik disembarked with the others, armed with nothing but his gloves. He didn't like the smell, literally this time, of the city. His nose wrinkled in response to the he grungy environment. He snorted a bit, trying to acclimate, before settling down.

Anwoao'c achurcrcro
Let's hurry
Expl0siv0
Runner
Runner

#30 Post by Expl0siv0 »

I think it's safe to assume that he's always translating. That way we don't have to have him type out the translation every time, that would be tedious. If we ever get separated though it would make sense to RP it. Obviously this is the DM's decision but that's my 2 cents.
corum
Tracker
Tracker

#31 Post by corum »

((I'm easy lets assume for now everything is translated, if not by Zerrack the by the droid))

The yard is in a state of disrepair. Constructed hastily for KDY workers, the accommodation is now falling apart. Rusting fuelling stations stand next to each dock and the debris of machinery litters the floor. Varkan and the droid approach, he looks nervous. He speaks a few words in Sullustese and the droid translates...

"Master says welcome, he has been expecting you for some time"

He speaks again, constantly looking around as if checking for something...

"we have makeshift quarters in the old cantina"
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by ybn1197 »

((OCC: Zerrack speaks Sullest as well (I feel like a protocol droid myself right now). Is the droid translating properly or are we being led astray?))
jpfite
Squire
Squire

#33 Post by jpfite »

"As much as I love make-shift quarters and catinas in general, why don't you just come on our ship?" Trinn began to look around, but with a lot less frantically than Varkan. He had never been to this part of the galaxy, and he made a note to not hurry back. "Unless there is some reason for us to stay?"
Expl0siv0
Runner
Runner

#34 Post by Expl0siv0 »

Ranik speaks up, "I agree with Trinn here. We might be safer in our ship."
corum
Tracker
Tracker

#35 Post by corum »

((The droid translates exactly, however you may roll sense motive to find out what Varkans intentions are))

Varkan points back to the cantina and speaks again, when he has finished the droid translates.

"We have some equipment and luggage back there, which must travel with us, can you help us load it?"

As he finishes there is a loud noise from your ship, a jet of steam escapes from the vents on the hull and R2-X3 comes flying out of the ship chirping and clicking wildly
kladams707
Squire
Squire

#36 Post by kladams707 »

The wookie stood there, being his normal imposing self. Upon hearing of luggage, he took on a lightly annoyed demeanor. He was about to say some thing when the droid made its sudden appearance, making its cacaphonic noises. Without waiting for anyone else, he went to investigate.
jpfite
Squire
Squire

#37 Post by jpfite »

"Honestly, is it only luggage or are we shipping two tons of spice-?" Upon seeing the Astromech droid catapult out of the space craft, Trinn stops hassling the man they are currently attempting to "rescue." He walks over to the R2 unit and gives it a little kick. "Sometimes I wonder how we even sustain travel with these droids and these types of ships," he motioned back towards the smoking spacecraft. He leans over the droid and asks, "Did you break it?"
Expl0siv0
Runner
Runner

#38 Post by Expl0siv0 »

"That damn droid." Ranik thinks to himself. Following Trinn over to the droid he inspects it for any damage. "You're going to be okay, just tell us what happened." While speaking to the droid, Ranik pulls out his hold out blaster and scans the area for trouble.
I'd like to scan the area for any trouble (suspicious people moving around, etc).

Spot - [1d20+1] = 12+1 = 13
corum
Tracker
Tracker

#39 Post by corum »

The droid whines in a concerned way and begins work on the underside of the ship. A few moments later Varkan and his translator droid appear. R2-X3 clicks and pops at Varkan and his droid who listens intently before translating.

"R2-X3 says that your hyperdrive has a malfunction!"

Varkan looks worried!

((translator droids are "old technology" and a cheap alternative to protocol droids. They were the forerunners of the protocol droids (C3P0) and translated one language to another without the nuances of the protocol droids that replaced them or the pricetag!. They were built with feminine looks (often large breasts) and voices, and were usually only programmed to translate a few languages))

Ranik scans the area but finds no evidence of anything suspicious. The yard appears long deserted and abandoned.
Expl0siv0
Runner
Runner

#40 Post by Expl0siv0 »

"Great. This is just great news." Ranik sighs heavily but quickly regains his composure and his survival instincts kick in. "Alright, let's go get this luggage and get back to the ship. Even if the hyperdrive is on the fritz I'd feel safer inside the thing. R2 can keep fixing the ship, so let's get moving."

Return to “Star Wars: Rebel Dawn”