chapter 1 : Shipwrecked!

Synthalus
smoke warrior
Tracker
Tracker

Re: chapter 1 : Shipwrecked!

#21 Post by smoke warrior »

Fenrir

Fenrir sets off into the woods following the deer tracks he found earlier he will do this for about 3 hours if no luck moving slowly and making sure to cover his tracks the entire time.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Synthalus wrote:NARRATOR
The long house is makeshift, and thus easy to transport. The picture is of the longhouse once it is in a solid location. As it stands now the longhouse has rods coming out the sides of it for easy movement by six men.
Then Horik with have the 6 lvl 1 soldiers manage that.

Horik, Northman, Fighter/Warrior "At the very least we can relocate our longhouse. It does not take much effort to move. We can find a more concealable location and keep the fires down low if we need. It will draw less attention from others. Though I cannot help but feel we have eyes upon us, from concealed locations." Horik warns the others he does not wish to fight about a good place to find shelter merely just survive until they can kill whatever hunts them now.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
zero4306
Strider
Strider

#23 Post by zero4306 »

Fenris

Before Fenrir trods off into the wilderness, I will cast prot evil on him.
Scott308 What healing abilities do you have?
"Whoever battles with monsters had better see that it does not turn him into a monster. And if you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you," - Friedrich Nietzche
Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#24 Post by Synthalus »

The groups location in the forest looks like this. The bears tracks lead off to the right and the deer tracks lead off to the left.

[GM]
Fenrir hunts a large deer deftly thru the forest and takes it down with ease. Its as if the deer did not recognize the presence of man. It was almost to easy. It carries enough meat to feed twelve men easy.

"that is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons death may die"

-H.P. Lovecraft
smoke warrior
Tracker
Tracker

#25 Post by smoke warrior »

Fenrir drags the deer back to camp and start to clean it.About how many hours did it take to get the deer and clean it.
GreyWolfVT

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horik "Ah what a great huntsman. Remind me to have you hunt more often. We'd all be well fed." Horik praises Fenrir on his successful hunt.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
smoke warrior
Tracker
Tracker

#27 Post by smoke warrior »

"Aye it was a good hunt but it was a bit to easy the deer acted like it had never seen a human before. I plan on scouting the area more in the morning to get a feel of what we are up against. "
GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horik, Northman, Fighter looks a little concerned "Ah that does bring up more questions. A deer that appears to have never met a human. We may be settlers to this wild land. Let us hope it is not a hard settlement for us."

zero4306
Strider
Strider

#29 Post by zero4306 »

Fenris

As we start to set up our camp, I cast detect magic to see if I can detect any enchantments in the immediate area.
"Whoever battles with monsters had better see that it does not turn him into a monster. And if you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you," - Friedrich Nietzche
Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by Synthalus »

GM

Fenris finds no latent magic in this area. He does however feel uneasy as if someone is watching him though

-H.P. Lovecraft
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#31 Post by Dogma »

Torvald, Norhterner berserker

Would we find enough small tress to be abot to set up soem sort of defensive perimiter? Sharpened stakes or something ...
smoke warrior
Tracker
Tracker

#32 Post by smoke warrior »

Fenrir Blackmane

I am going to scout around the new camp to see what I can find.
crazy ski 1701
Tracker
Tracker

#33 Post by crazy ski 1701 »

Sheamus Pict jester.

I walk up and agree with Horik. "yes, we should get as much gear from the shore into tree line.." and starts to drag as much salvidge off the beach up into the tree line, at least to save it for later, of not build a temporary shelter.
"hiding in a unknown cave is dangerous.. as noted, many have more than one month, like i swear that my nephew has,.... and usually have many beasts in them. also.. no path of escape .. batter to be in a defendable camp. "

( ooc, would i call him my lord of something? my apathy for vikings is great, so i know ... shit. )
"shoot straight, conserve ammo, watch your buddy's back, and NEVER, cut a deal, with a Dragon." Shadowrunner's words of wisdom.
Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by Synthalus »

NARRATOR

Fenrir scouts the surrounding area well the rest of Clan Volsung sets up camp. He finds a type of track that he has seen before. It is goblins. Goblins have been stalking the party since there arrival at the beach and It looks like they are brash and unfocused, but cunning. That they came this close means only on thing. They mean to attack during the night or during the morning when the group sets to path once again, this Fenrir cannot determine. There appears to be only a handful of goblins , maybe 5-6 total including their leader who rides a wolf of some kind that fenrir can only guess at its size.

-H.P. Lovecraft
smoke warrior
Tracker
Tracker

#35 Post by smoke warrior »

Fenrir I walk back to camp and go and find Horik."We are being followed by goblins 5 to 6 and one rides a wolf of some kind looks to be a big one. I say you let me and 2 others track them and ambush them."
crazy ski 1701
Tracker
Tracker

#36 Post by crazy ski 1701 »

Hearing Fenric and Horik talking, Sheamus proclaims in a bostfull voice.. "this looks like a job for....." then gets quiet and skulks away, "someone else......"
"shoot straight, conserve ammo, watch your buddy's back, and NEVER, cut a deal, with a Dragon." Shadowrunner's words of wisdom.
GreyWolfVT

#37 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horik, Northman, Fighter looks a little relieved at the news but still concerned "I do not mean to offend your work, are you sure it was only 5 or 6 of them?" then thinking a bit more "For such usually dumb creatures these are far more cunning. You might want to take more than just a couple of you. Lets send forth a party of at least four. I can tell there are a few itching to have blood on their blades." looking around Horik calls Torvald over. "You look as if you would like to go kill something. Would you care to go kill some sneaky goblins?"
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#38 Post by Dogma »

Torvald, Northerner berserker

'I will join you Fenrir. We shall send these creatures to whatever gods they worship."
smoke warrior
Tracker
Tracker

#39 Post by smoke warrior »

Fenrir North man Figther/scout
"Yes I'm sure there are only five to six but I feel this is a smaller part of a bigger force trying to test us that's why we should strike first. I'll prepare my gear and wait for your orders. Fenrir checks all his weapons to make sure they are in good condition.
GreyWolfVT

#40 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horik, Northman, Fighter happy in hearing Torvald & Fenrir's words "Very well then Torvald, Fenrir & Morag and one of the other warriors shall go out and hunt the goblins. I myself will go with you if you so wish."

Return to “Viking Sand Box Adventure (1e)”