Chapter:1 Home sweet Gnome!

Synthalus
Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Chapter:1 Home sweet Gnome!

#21 Post by Synthalus »

SOTHA SIL

Sotha Sil addresses the group once they are seated.

" We have the pleasure of the Guard captains company for our first meeting. He has been so kind as to mark the location of the Temple on these eight maps.(Sotha hands a map to each party member) We have been tasked with traveling to the temple in order to investigate it and clean it out of any foul creatures that there may reside. (Sotha hands each party member a twisted green metallic rose shaped broach) We will be known hence forth as the company of the Jagged rose. Please wear this broach somewhere visible on yourself at all times well in the city. It will allow the locals to recognize you as a member of the company and also get you a mild discount at local shops from my understanding. We will make preparations to leave for the temple within three days time, until then please make yourselves at home here at the inn and feel free to explore the city as you wish. I only ask that you use the buddy system and do not roam about alone.

Heinrick addresses the group
" I have informed my men to be on the lookout for the company of the jagged rose and they will not hassle you so long as you stay out of the off limits areas. I must warn you that although gnome vale may seem like a serene place it has its bad areas too. Namely stens gambling den, I would stay away from that pilferers establishment unless you want to loss your shirt. There is also the city's arena. Groups of 3-4 can fight random monsters and place wagers on themselves to win but be careful as the monsters you shall fight will progressively get hard depending on how many times you have won and how much you wager upon winning.

Sotha Sil speaks again

"If there are any questions now is the time to ask them?
"that is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons death may die"

-H.P. Lovecraft
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zendur "None for the moment."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Grognardsw »

Ariknoq Teronqar, half-orc fighter-cleric

Resisting the urge to drop-kick these gnomes underfoot, Ariqnok grunts and smiles as he and his companions explore the gnome city. Later, back at the inn, he gives a real smile to the elf Elsa.

"I have a cousin named Elsa," he says to her. "She is a mighty half-orc warrior. Though I fear for her safety now, this tomb she is exploring..." His voice trails off when he realizes the elf doesn't care.

Ariknoq pins the jagged rose broach in a non-descript spot. Wizards and their jewelry. Company of the Jagged Rose? he grumbles to himself. How about the Thurizdun Thrashers?

The half-orc battle priest looks at the maps. "Do we know who built this temple? Are they or their spirits or servants still around?" asks Ariknoq to Sotha Sil, taking a swig of what passes for ale around here.

The arena sounds like an entertaining way to pass the three days time. "Are there healers on hand to fix up the fighters, or is it to the death?"
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by Nordbo »

Thurgot

pins the brooch on his clerical cap. Noticing the curiously Norse-sounding name of Heinrick Gustoffson, he greets him with a: "Heill umbur∂r"
Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by Synthalus »

SOTHA SIL

Sotha addreses Ariknoq Teronqar's questions.

" In answers to you questions Ariknoq; Firstly, The evil Clergymen of the imprisoned god Tharizdun centuries ago. Secondly; The Temple was built in a previous age, a secret place of worship to Tharizdun, The faceless one, He of the Eternal Darkness . It drew the most wicked persons to it, and the cult flourished for generations, sending out its minions from time to time to enact some horrible deed upon the lands around. However, a great battle eventually took place between Tharizdun and those opposed to his evil. Unable to destroy him, they were strong enough to overcome his power and imprison him somewhere, by means none have ever been able to discover. Thus Tharizdun disappeared from the face of the earth, and from all of the other known planes, and has not been seen again since. I know not if the clergymen of Tharizdun still live but the night before we leave we will get our chance to ask someone who does.

-H.P. Lovecraft
Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by Synthalus »

Heinrick Gustoffson

Heinrick addresses Ariknoq's third question.

]"There are of course healers near by to assist the wounded members of each battle but all the prize fights worth winning are almost always to the death. One could make a living beating up orc's and norker's for chump change in the arena but in order to become wealthy one most put their life on the line for greater reward

Heinrick after answering Ariknoq's question looks at Thurgot with a puzzled expression on his face. He knows that the Half-Elf said something to him but has no idea what it was. after a few brief moments he says to Thurgot;

"Sir Cleric did you ask me a question just now? my mind must have been elsewhere because I did not hear you correctly."

-H.P. Lovecraft
GreyWolfVT

#27 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zendur looks to the drow again "You know I'd like to learn that silent language the drow use. The speaking with ones hands and figures has always impressed me. Since we are to work together in this perhaps we will have time to work on that it might be useful in this endeavor."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by Nordbo »

Thurgot

to Heinrick: "Forgive me for assuming you to be a Son of Gustaf, a Norseman; 'twas but a greeting; well meant." and bows gently
GreyWolfVT

#29 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zendur "Well if I have learned anything from you thus far you are unique in your greetings." the dwarf says to
Thurgot.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Dram »

Saphjawx- Sotha Sil how long will it take to travel to the travel to the Temple. He looks around the room at the group. He pins the broach on the left side of his chest. Would this broach have any magical properties to it? After he finish his conversation with Sotha he turns to Zendur and states. Yes I will train in the art of the Drow Silent Tongue. We have three days to teach you the basics. Then I will have to on the trail. He smiles at Zendur. But how much trouble do you think we can get into in three days?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zendur Gravelbeard "Very well then that sounds good to me. Travel psh Sotha here can probably just port us there." he pauses a moment at the mention of trouble that they can get into he smiles "What trouble why I have no idea what you are talking about Saph. I aint never caused no trouble in my life." ;)

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by Synthalus »

SOTHA SIL

Sotha addresses Saphjawx's questions;

" I know not how long the journey will take off hand but I will consult the map and discern the distance and calculate the length of time it will take for us on average to travel there this evening. As to your second question, These broaches have not but only one magical quality to them and that is of a tracking nature. I have enspelled them to more receptive to a locate object spell. Should we get lost or separated during our travels to or in the temple itself it will make re-grouping faster. Also I will venture to say that I have not been to this temple yet so I have not had the chance to study the area enough to warrant a teleport. To teleport to the temple now without a proper study of the area first hand could kill us all if the spell fails.

Sotha Sil takes a long pull off of his flagon of gnomish spiced ale and promptly returns his now empty flagon to the taproom table upside down.

-H.P. Lovecraft
Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by Synthalus »

HEINRICK GUSTOFFSON

Heinrick Adresses the group as he gets up to leave;

" I must take my leave of you fine gentlemen, I have dallied here to long as it is. If you have need of me or any further questions you may locate me at the city hall where my office is. Good day to you all and good luck in your endeavor!

With that the Gnome Captain stands up and leaves the inn briskly.

-H.P. Lovecraft
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Grognardsw »

Ariknoq Teronqar, half-orc fighter-cleric

The half-orc nods at Heinrick as he departs.

"Well I for one think I'll take part in some blood sports at the arena," says Ariknoq. "I will fight in the name of Qord! We are born in blood and so will die."
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by saalaria »

Stefan looks slightly wide-eyed at the broach, thinks for a few moments, then affixes the broach to his cloak.
"Company of the Jagged Rose? Has it got much of a ring to it? Im not sure. You think a bard could make much of it , Arik?". He digs Ariknoq playfully in the ribs
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by Nordbo »

you may locate me at the city hall where my office is.
...'avent you got a gnome to go to ? (sorry, been listening to too much vintage Bowie ;) )
Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#37 Post by Synthalus »

NARRATOR

It is currently 4pm of the first day. The company of the Jagged rose is located at the Balding platypus Inn in the foreign quarter of the city of Gnome Vale.

Heinrick Gustoffson has recently left to attend to city guard matters and Sotha Sil is Currently doing travel calculations for the group and eating marzipan.

At this time the party is free to talk amongst themselves and plan their next move for the day. Sotha Sil will be located in the Taproom each day until the expedition starts between the hours of 2-6pm to answer any questions.

The arena hours are from 5pm-2am and require an admission fee to enter as a combatant or as a spectator. those fees are as follows;

1. General admission 5sp
2. Box seats 1gp
3. Front row box seats w/o splash guard 3gp
4. Front row box seats w/ splash guard 4gp
5. General combatant entry lvl 10sp
6. General combatant mid lvl 1gp
7. General combatant hig lvl 5gp
8. general combatant elite lvl 10gp

-H.P. Lovecraft
GreyWolfVT

#38 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zendur "Arena's fine and all but me n the elf have other types of sport to seek." the dwarf looks to the drow to ensure he is on the same page. "Haven't we elf?" ;)

Regarding the Narrator ;)
the dwarf hears the narrator and takes out his crossbow. "Damned narrator." Light Crossbow [1d20 +2] = 10+2 = 12 to hit [1d4] = 4 dmg

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Grognardsw »

Synthalus wrote:NARRATOR

1. General admission 5sp
2. Box seats 1gp
3. Front row box seats w/o splash guard 3gp
4. Front row box seats w/ splash guard 4gp
5. General combatant entry lvl 10sp
6. General combatant mid lvl 1gp
7. General combatant hig lvl 5gp
8. general combatant elite lvl 10gp
Do we know what level "mid" "high" and "elite" equates to?
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Dram »

Saphjawx- I do believe we do. Are you thinking a little betting? Or you wanting to begin that training now? He smiles at Sopha Sil. I don't believe we have discussed payment for our services. Will there be any payment?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Return to “The Forgotten Temple of Thurizdun (1e)”