7. There Has to Be a Morning After

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 7. There Has to Be a Morning After

#21 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler leaves the hammer and the mace behind. He is tired of carrying empty weight, he knows what his real job is and when he is most dangerous.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt again will take the extra magical mace back.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by Cwreando »

Robert leaves the remaining gems for Iluq and Canon. Robert Takes 300 PP (30 lbs?) and 8000 GP (800 lbs?) and 10,000 SP (200 lbs?) in his bag of holding. He puts on his person in his pouch 25 pp, 25 GP and 25 SP. Robert says to the others that didn't get gems and/or can't carry much, "I will share the coins in the bag of holding with any of you that asks for it should we survive. Robert explains what's in the bag of holding should he not survive and someone gets the bag they can retrieve what's inside it to include any personal belongings."

If Castran is unable to place all the remaining PP and GP in his bag of holding then Robert adjusts what he takes to incorporate more of the gold and platinum.

I've updated my inventory to include the coins carried in the pouch on my person. I've added in the notes section the Bag of Holding along with the coins it's carrying as well.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Zhym »

The Bag of Holding has a 1,000 lb. capacity, so if Robert wants to put 300 pp and 8000 gp in it, that only leaves room for 8500 sp, and that's if he takes all his other equipment out of the bag.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Zhym »

Date: Nouluna 6, 1221
Time: 2:40 AM
Weather: Light rain
Moon: Waning gibbous

As you divvy the spoils of Strahd's treasure hoard—or as much of it as you can carry—Tibbius weaves a spell to magically open the secret door. You hear a muted "pop" from the other side of the wall followed by a soft wooden clattering. The section of wall opens.

Waiting for you in the secret room beyond the door is...nothing you didn't see there before. It's almost disappointing, really.
Okay, here's what I have everyone taking. Please let me know if I missed anything. BTW, are Iluq and Melampus both uninterested in the mace?

Money:
  • Fendt: 50pp, 50gp
  • Bragar: 25pp, 50gp
  • Castran: 50pp, 25gp
  • Tumbler: 25pp
  • Remainder: 51,220 cp, 24,105 sp, 16,258 gp, and 905 pp
One unclaimed magic mace - held by Fendt
25 gems, consisting of the following:
  • Coral (130) - Castran
  • Garnet (110) - Castran
  • A pink pearl (120) and two white pearls, one of which is quite large (120, 200) - Tumbler
  • Two pieces of amber (100 ea.) - Castran
  • Golden yellow topaz (100) - Castran
  • Chrysoberyl (100) - Castran
  • An exceptional Periodot (1400) - Bragar
  • Alexandrite (dark green) (100) - Castran
  • A huge specimen of spinel (very deep blue) (1000) - Agrippo
  • Two amethysts, one quite large (500, 100) - Castran
  • Jet (200) - Agrippo
  • Star ruby (1000) - Bragar
  • Two fire opals (1000 ea.) - Bragar
  • Three opals (1000 ea.) - Tumbler
  • An emerald of mediocre quality (600) - Castran
  • Sapphire (1000) - Tumbler
  • Star sapphire (1000) - Castran
  • A rare black sapphire (5000) - Tibbius
Status: Agrippo: 32/52, Tibbius: 8/9, Iluq: 13/34, Tumbler: 24/39, Robert: 16/34; Fendt: 14/15; Castran: 13/23; Melampus: 16/21; Bragar: 31/42
Effects: None
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by Cwreando »

Starting amount
51,220 cp, 24,105 sp, 16,383 gp, and 1,055 pp
Fendt – 50 PP, 50 GP
51,220 cp, 24,105 sp, 16,333 gp, and 1,005 pp
Bragar takes 25 PP and 25 GP
51,220 cp, 24,105 sp, 16,308 gp, and 980 pp
Tumbler takes 25 PP
51,220 cp, 24,105 sp, 16,308 gp, and 955 pp
Castran takes 50 PP and 25 GP
51,220 cp, 24,105 sp, 16,283 gp, and 905 pp
Robert takes for his pouches 25 PP, 25 GP, 25 SP, and for the Bag of holding 880 PP, 8550 GP,

Robert takes the following. Already in the bag of holding wt = 2 large sacks (1ea=2), 2 small sacks (.5 ea=1), leather scroll case (.5), 3 torches (1 ea. =3), 4 pints of lamp oil (1 Ea. = 4), 3 wineskins (3 pints each =9), 3 potions (1 ea. = 3) Total wt = 22.5

880 PP = 88 lbs, 8600 GP = 860 lbs with total = 948 + 22.5 = 970.5
Remaining coins are
51,220 cp, 24080, sp, 7658 gp

Robert says, "I will gladly give those that want it some of the Platinum from the bag of holding and I will simply take GP to replace it. I will also share the coins that are in the Bag of holding as well."

I think this is an accurate count of coins so far. If the others want Platinum I'll just take it off my count and take the same count back in GP. If no one takes the mace Robert takes out enough GP to put the mace in his bag of holding in case they find someone along the way that can use it.

Robert says to the others, "There is one more secret door to check out. With all this stuff going on we forgot about it. Perhaps Tumbler can check it out if he didn't already. If he did, we can just explore it and move on carefully. As they look into the room past the secret door, There isn't anything in there?"

New possible marching order
Tumbler, Agrippo, Castran, Iluq, Fendt, Tibbius, Robert, Melampus, Bragar. IF you want to be in a different spot that's not a problem though. I missed Castran and forgot I put some in my pouches. Updated totals again.
Last edited by Cwreando on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Zhym »

What secret door are you talking about?
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by Cwreando »

Waiting for you in the secret room beyond the door is...nothing you didn't see there before. It's almost disappointing, really.

That one I guess. I thought there was a second secret door we had not explored.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Zhym »

This is the secret door the original party came through (and, a while ago, but not in game play, the new party members) to get to the room with the spiders and the treasure room from the study. The secret door was closed from the other side with no mechanism to open it from the side you were on. Tibbius just opened it with a spell.

There's a map way back in the previous thread, I think. I'll try to repost it if I get a chance.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Zhym »

The most recent map section is here:

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=3375&start=220#p146005

Tibbius just opened S2.
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by Cwreando »

I'm up to speed now sorry.

Robert only puts the unclaimed mace in the bag of holding if it isn't sharp in any way so it wouldn't tear the bag.

"Something closed this on us gang so be careful moving into the room. Well gang it looks like we are back to this room. We need to search the paladin for a possible ring and burn the spiders and paladin in the fireplace", comments Robert.

Robert searches the paladin for the ring and gets a good fire going to burn the paladin and spiders up. "I don't want Strahd using these bodies against us gang. Once the fire is going good we can start exploring this place."
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Storm11 »

If the gnome cannot hear any noise beyond the secret door behind the fireplace or feel any heat fe the wall he will follow or open the other secret door and peer out.
Greys Campaign.
GreyWolfVT

#33 Post by GreyWolfVT »

fendt grabbed the unused mace already as well. :roll:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Zhym »

The west wall is warm.
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Storm11 »

"The fires still alight it seems! says the spellblade with concern. "Anyone have any fire protection magic available?"
Greys Campaign.
GreyWolfVT

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fendt shakes his head No.

greyarea
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by greyarea »

Melampus

Even if I hadn't reverted to my current level of skill, elemental magic was beyond my reach.
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by Cwreando »

"I would have to pray for the spell the next time we rest. Perhaps one of the other clerics has the ability to resist the flames",asks Robert? Robert waits for them to get past the fireplace and possible fire so he can possibly get to the paladin to check them for a ring. Assuming it's still there. Robert keeps his scimitar and shield ready.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Iluq will take any gems that the others did not take and if any coins are remaining.

Iluq looks towards the fireplace, "I do have such a spell."

is the fire impeding our progress? I thought the door opened with the fireplace, not through the fireplace?
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Zhym »

Castran already claimed the gems anyone else didn't take. I've allocated them to him.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the door opened with the fireplace, not through the fireplace."

Here's a current map of this floor of the castle. You're currently standing in the room between S1 and S2:
Map 5.png
Map 5.png (183.16 KiB) Viewed 296 times

Return to “Ravenloft”