OOC - Transfer student discussion - the Chosen

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

Re: OOC - Transfer student discussion - the Chosen

#21 Post by Metal Fatigue »

The true Monsterhearts spirit is "I rolled a 3. I wonder what the MC will do to move the story forward this time! Can't wait to find out!"

This spirit becomes hard to maintain when you've blown three moves in a row, admittedly.
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#22 Post by Mister-Kent »

Haha--sounds like fun :)
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID
Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Metal Fatigue wrote:The true Monsterhearts spirit is "I rolled a 3. I wonder what the MC will do to move the story forward this time! Can't wait to find out!"

This spirit becomes hard to maintain when you've blown three moves in a row, admittedly.
Ha, I'm usually only good for 1 or 2 big ass hard moves.

If you blow multiple rolls, it's hard to come up with actual hard moves to trump whatever crap I've already thrown on you! :lol:
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by Mister-Kent »

I was thinking maybe Kate met Victoria at summer camp a few years back (after her parents said she couldn't hang with Seth any more and sent her to camp to "settle down"). Vic's assistance was instrumental in Kate's defeat of the Campfire Girl (Jason Voorhees by way of Sadako from the Ring!). The two have been texting ever since, and Kate's been having Vic keep her updated on strange goings-on.
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by Q.Q Elf »

okay, that's good detail. i think that's enough for me to do another mystical handwave and say that Kate gets 1 String on Victoria, and i will also handwave 1 String that Victoria will get on Kate. (this means both have a little power over the other).

since you mentioned the teenage angst part of Buffy, i thought we (as in everyone) might brainstorm more of the world for the social setting.

Lucinda (NPC) is one focus. what does she do outside of class? is it just the parties and drug dealing? what clubs does she participate in and/or run?

there is a fencing club (which Summer is part of, looking at the seating chart thread). Julie Chen is another member. anyone else?

and Mrs. Meecher has her Friday club activity (i forget what it was & i am banging this out on a tablet right now). who is already a part of it?

and are we transferring anybody into the class to fill Frederick's chair? the reserved chair (that i dont need anymore)?
Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Mister-Kent wrote:I was thinking maybe Kate met Victoria at summer camp a few years back (after her parents said she couldn't hang with Seth any more and sent her to camp to "settle down"). Vic's assistance was instrumental in Kate's defeat of the Campfire Girl (Jason Voorhees by way of Sadako from the Ring!). The two have been texting ever since, and Kate's been having Vic keep her updated on strange goings-on.
one more thing (to muddy the relationship)... and to juice Kate's entry into this.

For Metal Fatigue (since he gets bored :lol: )... why does Victoria help Kate? what does Victoria want out of the bargain? how would Victoria describe her relationship with the Chosen One?

For Mister-Kent, Victoria mentioned something about one of her classmates (now Kate's classmates) that she really needed help with. Which classmate is it, and what help did she need from Kate?
(the classmate list and known facts about them are in a notice at the top of the forum)
Last edited by Q.Q Elf on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Q.Q Elf »

for MonkeyWrench... who are Kate's parents? (both dont have to be living at the same house (if they are alive at all),noting that Buffy's household had a single mom).
what do the parents do for a living, and/or how do they afford to send her to school (noting that tuition for a place like Acrewood is at least around $18 thousand per year)?

for Rukellian, Kate's younger sibling is a Sophomore at Acrewood. Give him or her a name, and tell us why the relationship with Kate is so terrible.
Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#28 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Q.Q Elf wrote:For Metal Fatigue (since he gets bored :lol: )... why does Victoria help Kate? what does Victoria want out of the bargain? how would Victoria describe her relationship with the Chosen One?
A monster killed Victoria's mom, probably a werewolf, but werewolves aren't the only monsters out there. Neither are vampires, ghouls, witches, infernalists—no, the world is full of very human monsters: corrupt politicians, money-hungry CEOs, drug dealers and child molesters. Evil is coming to a boil in the human soul. The Apocalypse is at hand, and when it comes, only people like Kate and Victoria will survive the purge. Victoria wants to be, will be, Kate's right-hand woman in the good fight.

(Does that make sense given what we already know about Victoria? I tried to track it all down but it's so scattered…)
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#29 Post by Mister-Kent »

Q.Q Elf wrote:For Mister-Kent, Victoria mentioned something about one of her classmates (now Kate's classmates) that she really needed help with. Which classmate is it, and what help did she need from Kate?
Victoria was actually trying to get Kate's input on her current investigation of Vanessa, who has just been a mess since her "accident" (the polite adults' euphemism for Vanessa's suicide attempt, though everyone really knows it was no accident). After careful observation, Vic has caught on to Vanessa's list of names and wonders--is she going to harm people? Is there something supernatural going on? Vic's at a loss about what to do, and is leaning on Kate's guidance as she tries to insinuate herself into Vanessa's life.
Playing
Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Yeah, the stories have wandered. Trying to dial back to the stuff we had in the Seating Chart thread, I think that's close enough.

It's good to recall back to Vanessa's list (whatever it means, we haven't figured it out yet).

I still want to dirty up Victoria's relationship with Kate somehow. I don't know what the twist will be, yet, however. We'll have to figure that out when there's a Hard Move for Kate, I think.

Anyway, Rukellian's dice fail seems like a good time to throw Kate into the mix... get ready, Mister-Kent!
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#31 Post by Mister-Kent »

Been getting my sheet together.
Did I get the Strings right on there (adopted the S.O.M. notation)? Does the Emissary have a 2nd String on me?
Playing
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Q.Q Elf wrote:for MonkeyWrench... who are Kate's parents? (both dont have to be living at the same house (if they are alive at all),noting that Buffy's household had a single mom).
what do the parents do for a living, and/or how do they afford to send her to school (noting that tuition for a place like Acrewood is at least around $18 thousand per year)?
Kate lives with her dad, Carl Jericho, after the gruesome death of his wife and Kates mother Carl has since been very withdrawn from the public, going to work and barely talking to people and then leaving when his shift is over to go home and mainly drink or watch tv. He is very protective over his daughter, while not being the social butterfly he was before, he will always make sure he is there for his daughter and makes sure she is watched over, even if he knows nothing of Kate's monster-hunting hobbies...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:
Q.Q Elf wrote:for MonkeyWrench... who are Kate's parents? (both dont have to be living at the same house (if they are alive at all),noting that Buffy's household had a single mom).
Kate lives with her dad, Carl Jericho, after the gruesome death of his wife and Kates mother Carl has since been very withdrawn from the public, going to work and barely talking to people and then leaving when his shift is over to go home and mainly drink or watch tv. He is very protective over his daughter, while not being the social butterfly he was before, he will always make sure he is there for his daughter and makes sure she is watched over, even if he knows nothing of Kate's monster-hunting hobbies...
Hmm, Q.Q Elf. If we are to go off of this entry, I will need to go back and change the one on Kate's younger sibling. Will that be alright, or will be able to somehow handwave over it?
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by Q.Q Elf »

We can still say that Kate was the family's golden child. The younger sister should have been the son that the dad wanted or something. I have to look at what you wrote when I get to my desk.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rukellian »

Q.Q Elf wrote:We can still say that Kate was the family's golden child. The younger sister should have been the son that the dad wanted or something. I have to look at what you wrote when I get to my desk.
Alright, it all makes sense then. I think there shouldn't be any problems ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Q.Q Elf wrote:and are we transferring anybody into the class to fill Frederick's chair? the reserved chair (that i don't need anymore)?
Hmm... Sure, I'll bite.

As for filling Frederick's chair... Meet Nikolai Shponarskaia! The resident Russian, back from a family vacation to the motherland. I don't really know what skin he could be, maybe just a mortal, who knows. I was thinking something like a wendigo or were-bear, unfortunately they don't have those skins...yet?

He stands around 6'3" very tall with a large round chest and overall thick limbs. He is a big guy, with a deep but cheerful voice and a very thick Russian accent. He tends to joke a lot, the kind of person that gets along with everyone. He has dark auburn hair and a smile for everyone, English being his second language and all he sometimes will forget a word in English and substitute the word he is looking for in Russian. Due to a seating mix-up last semester he actually lost a seat, so with the untimely demise of Frederick he is able to join in without any complications, he seemed uneasy taking Fredericks seat but followed along with what the faculty told him.

As for the reserved chair... since it is made for the MC I made someone I think you'll like Q.Q :twisted:

Meet, Alex Truble! Yes, it is pronounced trouble, and he is the resident Proxy! You can find his stuff here.
He has actually been in class all along, sitting in the very back corner of the classroom, simply sitting there quietly while everyone ignores him, in fact, it seems like everyone ignores him as he sits there and doodles on his notebook. People used to try and talk to him, taking notice of the graphic images and weird/disturbing messages he wrote down in his notebook, the things he spoke of when they tried to connect with him, it all drove the people away... and so he sits, quiet and alone, staring at the walls and doors and ceilings in panic sometimes before going back to his notebook... He carries around what looks like a ceramic mask of a cat, its eyes and mouth curved dementedly though. Sometimes people say they can see him wearing the mask at night, strolling along the streets carrying a baseball bat or something else, a light skip in his step...

I also chose his stuff from the sheet, hope you don't mind... He has a shifty + Paranoid look, His origin is Stalked since childhood. Not sure if you use any of that stuff, I figured the character could be a cool wild card or possible bad guy for you
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Feel free to use them if you'd like Q.Q

:D
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#38 Post by Mister-Kent »

I can't think of any move for my next post--can I just have Kate wait through the play to search for Victoria?
Playing
Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#39 Post by Q.Q Elf »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Feel free to use them if you'd like Q.Q

:D
Cool. I'll check them out in more detail when I'm not on my phone.
There is only one real path: the river of fire. Everything else is an illusion. Trevor Faith, in Christopher Moeller's Faith Conquers
Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#40 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Mister-Kent wrote:I can't think of any move for my next post--can I just have Kate wait through the play to search for Victoria?

Works for me. I'll advance time.

You could Gaze Into the Abyss to query me. (i haven't decided where Victoria is, pending additional Hard Moves). The move would force a decision out of me, but allowing the play to end is also a reasonable choice.

Return to “Monsterhearts: Against my better judgment”