(CLOSED) OOC

Antman9
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC

#21 Post by Antman9 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:I can get you that from the 2e phb.. see attached image file created from the phb pdf.
lucern hammer.png
Thanks. I'll get that added later today.
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

it's a polearm but seeing as minotaurs are supposed to use larger weapons more or less none in the core list really fit what I was seeking. ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
GreyWolfVT

#23 Post by GreyWolfVT »

lol ok so we have a mini vindiesel that is has poor hygiene and been through hell, w/e MW's chick is and a minotaur :lol: talk about an odd group oh and a lizardman eventually.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Keehnelf »

GreyWolfVT wrote:lol ok so we have a mini vindiesel that is has poor hygiene and been through hell, w/e MW's chick is and a minotaur :lol: talk about an odd group oh and a lizardman eventually.
Just to clarify, Buckey has EXCELLENT hygeine, he just wears nasty scavenged armor that once belonged to an orc and he's never been able to get the stench out.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Also, MW's blue chick is in fact a male!

also fun tidbit, they're the original Ogres... before all the ugliness and stupidity...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
GreyWolfVT

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

if you say so MW, alright I didn't know he had good hygiene because of the description I thought the smell was himself lol I musta missed the line about old orc armor.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Keehnelf »

Most people will assume he has bad hygiene--but that's ok because he has a bad personality too so it all fits.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I do say so!

Doesn't really matter though, all you will see is a Human. ;)
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by Antman9 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:it's a polearm but seeing as minotaurs are supposed to use larger weapons more or less none in the core list really fit what I was seeking. ;)
I'm sure you'll find something along the way. That's just part of starting as a Zero-Level character. MW complained about it the first time he played too. LOL

Not sure if he got over it or not though.
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Keehnelf »

All I have to say is, be glad your default weapon doesn't do d4 damage like mine. My strength bonus to damage is almost the same as the weapon's base max. :)
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Savage Class

#31 Post by Antman9 »

Here is my Savage Class (Initial Draft)

Savage
Base Skills:
• Mad Rage - +5 to Attacks and Damage Once per Encounter
• Hide, Silent Movement - +5 to all Hide and Silent Movement checks
• Cause Fear – There is a significant chance, that during Mad Rage, some, many or all opponents may flee.
• Hand-to-Hand Combat - Excels in hand-to-hand combat, often adopting a unique individual fighting style (translated as Crazy Nuts)

Prime Attributes: DEX, CON, STR
Hit Points: 10
Weapon Allowance: Natural Weapons Only
Armor Allowance: None or Leather

Description:
The savage class is an individual, of any race, that has reverted to their most basal animal nature. Typically these individuals, for any number of different reasons, found themselves in the deepest, darkest, wilds—The Heart of Darkness if you will. Having no other means of communication with the greater world, they have slowly succumbed to the animalistic darkness that dwells within each of us. They still maintain their parent racial and personality traits, of course, but the animal within often takes over and drives them body and soul.

The Savage hates, rather despises, confinement and restraint. Armor as well as heavy clothing feels suffocating and will drive them mad after a time. The coldness of steel and metal objects warps their spine and drives them into fits. Natural weapons and handcrafted items are the tools of trade for this class.They are just as likely to bash an opponent’s own appendage as they are with a nearby rock.

Outside of battle the Savage maintains a demurred composure, for as long as they can master their inner demons. Prolonged stays within, or even near, civilized areas will drive them mad after a time. In battle the Savage is a force many would rather not contend with. Running, jumping, climbing, hooting and hollering, growling, spitting, biting and clawing, the Savage turns even the worst of battles into a maddening chaos. It is said that a Savage, when driven to madness, will rend even their own their flesh and bone during such a battle.
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by Antman9 »

Keehnelf wrote:All I have to say is, be glad your default weapon doesn't do d4 damage like mine. My strength bonus to damage is almost the same as the weapon's base max. :)
Those were some interesting stats you rolled. That's for sure.
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Keehnelf »

Well I re-ordered them to make sure he was beefy and unlikeable, but yeah...I'm excited.
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by Antman9 »

Keehnelf wrote:Well I re-ordered them to make sure he was beefy and unlikeable, but yeah...I'm excited.
That's the point really. I'm glad everyone is embracing my concept of RPG. We're gonna have some fun I think.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Antman9 wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:it's a polearm but seeing as minotaurs are supposed to use larger weapons more or less none in the core list really fit what I was seeking. ;)
I'm sure you'll find something along the way. That's just part of starting as a Zero-Level character. MW complained about it the first time he played too. LOL

Not sure if he got over it or not though.
I checked... He most certainly did not get over it.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by MonkeyWrench »

The savage class sounds freaking awesome :lol:

If someone is playing as that I am really excited!
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Keehnelf »

I would if a halfling's natural weapons were remotely dangerous :)
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by Antman9 »

Keehnelf wrote:I would if a halfling's natural weapons were remotely dangerous :)
Keep in mind "Natural" doesn't mean natural to the race, it means anything crafted of non-metal or something found in nature/the environment. A Savage might craft a mean ass weapon from natural materials. Any player who chooses this class will be free to design their own weapons (I would set the damage of course) The Halfing would not be restricted (or any other race for that matter) to weapons typically used by that race.

Don't forget to think outside the box. In fact, just go ahead and drop a stick or to of dynamite in that box and toss it into the nearest volcano.
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Keehnelf »

Hmmm, that adds some intriguing options. Although, I don't want to make my character all-but-unplayable...or likely to be killed by members of his own party at an early stage...
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Antman9 wrote:
Keehnelf wrote:I would if a halfling's natural weapons were remotely dangerous :)
Keep in mind "Natural" doesn't mean natural to the race, it means anything crafted of non-metal or something found in nature/the environment. A Savage might craft a mean ass weapon from natural materials. Any player who chooses this class will be free to design their own weapons (I would set the damage of course) The Halfing would not be restricted (or any other race for that matter) to weapons typically used by that race.

Don't forget to think outside the box. In fact, just go ahead and drop a stick or to of dynamite in that box and toss it into the nearest volcano.
GIANT BONE SCYTHE! with like... FEATHERS hanging off the end! and...and... TEETH sharpened and used as the blade!! YEAH!

Return to “Dragons Belch: A New Beginning”