Re: 4- The Irlingstar Ancestral Helm Quest

#21 Post by ylinett »

Thorax readies his weapons.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by ybn1197 »

Cormack slips down off his pony, secretly thankful for having a reason to stand on his own two feet. He readies his axe and scans for the source of the voice.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Mage

She will take a look around to see if there is anything behind the party. Returning to the source of the voice: Aye, can you show yourself?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by Darkmane »

Several of you ready weapons, and Glimble retorts "What is it to you stranger?" , when suddenly, it is as if the foliage around you retreats and lessens somewhat, revealing a troupe of elves.

Several of the elves have long bows, but they are leaning on them or have them rested at their knees, none of them have a weapon readied. In fact, there is an elf that was revealed merely 6 feet away from your group, lying along a downed tree trunk, legs crossed, and hands behind his head. He was apparently napping, and is currently blowing puffs of air at and speaking in elvish to several butterflies that are surrounding his head.

From the midst of the elves, who number around 15-20, comes an ancient elf, the eldest elf any of you have ever seen, wearing odd wooden plate mail, which moves silently with him as he stumbles and sways toward you. The other elves, especially two female elven guards watch him with cautious reverence as he begins in heavily accented, oddly musical common tongue:

I am the last of a line of elven lords of this wooded area. I am the elf king of Laughing Hollow. This sorry name is what humanity has given to our band, the last of a once mighty empire that has now fallen away forgotten in history. This is my home, so I watch all who enter, and evil has been at our stoop as of late. I ask again, what is your purpose in my hollow?

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by Darkmane »

The elf king asks, have you been sent to rid the river of the green poison? Another group came and stopped the poison somewhat, but they never returned from the dark!

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by ylinett »

"We seek to restore the dead to their eternal rest. If that is connected to the green poison then we shall end them together."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#27 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble with empty hands held outward in a sign of peace "We seek not to harm your hollow we are here to return a family relic that was stolen from a crypt and to end the rein of a supposed necromancer that poisons this area."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Mage

Tella will walk forward, give a slight bow and switching to elvish: The gnome speaks the truth. Our intentions are true. This poison on the stream you speak of, what is it? Was it intentional?

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#29 Post by Darkmane »

The sad elf king slumps down upon a fallen tree, This necromancer must be the cause of all the evil in the area. I know not if he is in the mine under the mountain, he comes and goes using magic. His minions are dead things, animated with spiteful magic. He brought a green dragon to our home in the misty forest, it brought servants and now our home is overrun with goblins. The wizard came upon this mine in secret, and then there was a great earthquake which released poison, green liquid bubbling up throughout the vale and poisoning the mighty river. All the forest creatures who drank the water, died or were changed forever. We will help you. Myeera will take you to the entrance of the mines, but will not enter. Our magic is strong in the forest but doesnt work at all underground. The rest of our band are headed north and the to sea, to the final rest of elves. We shall retreat from this evil.

One of his two female elven guards steps forward and beckons you to follow.

GreyWolfVT

#30 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "Thank you. I hope your journey by sea is a safe one. It is a shame to see the elves being forced from their home. I have faith you will find a new one."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Mage

Aye, your guide will be very appreciated. We will do our best to see if we can guide a positive outcome to this affliction.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#32 Post by Darkmane »

You would have found your way with the finding stone, down into the serpentine crag which is laughing hollow. However, Myeera quietly leads you around several goblin dens, and points them out for you. They are more active at night she tells you, her accent is very thick, and like most of you have never heard. It reminds you of birds, and deer, and wild things, she is a creature of the forest.

The way leads you down into a deep crag or gully, almost invisible until you are right up near it. The dwarves in your party immediately recognize this as a stone quarry. As you get closer and closer the foliage fades away, unable to find footing on the pale white rock. The floor of this crag is littered with white rocks and dust, and the wind passing by overhead starts to make wild noises, some of the noises do sound like laughter. Everything about the area reminds you of bleached bones, which is why you almost didn't notice the skeletons...

Myeera stops quickly, and leaps backward, hiding along a stone bluff. Some of you peer around the corner to find 6 skeletons, moving with unnatural angles and silence, pulling three corpses toward a cave like entrance in the hill, which looks like a large crack. In the surrounding area around the cave entrance there are pools of green ichor, bubbling in pockets among the stones.

GreyWolfVT

#33 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble the Gnome of Gond lock, load, fire when ready! "I cannot turn undead so guess this will have to do." he aims the firearm at the 6 skeletons and then pauses as he doesn't wish to draw attention of everything in this area. "Bah nevermind guess it is melee for me." and he switches to his mace.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by ylinett »

"We shall charge and destroy the foul creations. Who's with me?"

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#35 Post by Darkmane »

Myeera leans over and whispers, I have a spell prepared that will help, I'll fire it off after you charge, then I will go. May you be blessed by your gods today.
It seems you will be able to ambush these foul things. I'll start round zero tomorrow (your attacks only).

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by spanningtree »

OCC: Hey gents, I am on vacation right now, please NPC my character as needed. Tella will be her usual pensive then go offensive self.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#37 Post by Darkmane »

Once I get a majority of actions, ill start round zero.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by ylinett »

Thorax looks to the party and advances. (If needed) Roll to hit [1d20] = 6

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by Darkmane »

Ok so tells will hold on round 1, and see if magical artillary support is needed before acting. Thorax will charge. Anyone coming with him?

GreyWolfVT

#40 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble being different than normal will charge with Thorax.

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”