Symbiosis' Ambitions (Blake Hayes' sequel arc)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Symbiosis' Ambitions (Blake Hayes' sequel arc)

#21 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak speeds on towards wherever Symbiosis is taking him. A bit eager to test out his new pack.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Rukellian »

After the brief conversation with Raven, Hot Streak fumes as he pushes himself even harder to catch up with Symbiosis. It only takes but a minute at full speed to reach one of the broken barrier generators.
force field column.jpg
force field column.jpg (20.37 KiB) Viewed 584 times
It is smoking and clearly wrecked, green goo all over the place. In the distance, you can see a man... no, a mutant, fighting off a pack of ichnorited mutated creatures. They resemble a bunch of dinosaurs but look alien in nature. Either way, they must be taken down. Symbiosis is already rushing towards the tower, working his skills of engineering and computer use to work. They don't notice Symbiosis, but one of the three creatures notices Hot Streak and prepares to charge him. (All three are the size of buses, and are about as heavy as such. One of them hitting you would be the equivalent of a vehicle crashing into you at full speed... don't get hit. :lol: )
ichnorite beast 1.jpg
ichnorite beast 1.jpg (190.37 KiB) Viewed 582 times
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rukellian »

Second image is now up.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
GreyWolfVT

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Damn those things are cool looking. :D crap i forgot how the fighting works lol ....
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rukellian »

It is situations like these where I would point you towards the "How to use the master table and your rolls" thread. If you would like me to walk you through the process I can do that too.

In any case, the first thing you do is roll for initiative using the 1d100 plus your awareness rank value. Those two will be added to determine your initiative score. The enemy/me will do the same, and the highest score goes first.
GreyWolfVT

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak will try and run to the side of the charging beasts and blast fire at them from the new pack

Init: [1d100] = 93 + 6? = 99

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rukellian »

I rolled for the charging beast, and you won initiative. Because you won initiative, I won't have you roll for your dodge success, you automatically succeed. What I will have you roll for though, is your success rate of using the Pyro Pack, a flame generation score of 40 due to your fire control bonus. Using the result you rolled on your percentile, you will check it with the corresponding row on the master table, the set of numbers next to 40.
GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

so pyro pack roll? [1d100] = 71 so if I am seeing that correctly on the master table that is a success?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rukellian »

Correct. i will provide a combat update tomorrow morning.

Today has been a long day for me and I was not able to get on my computer as much as I'd like. Too many distractions and what not. I apologize for the delays in my posting rate.
GreyWolfVT

#30 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Do I need to roll another percentile for damage too correct? Or do you have me wait until you find out if I hit?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rukellian »

The green crystalline dinosaur breaks away from its pack of 3 and starts to charge Hot Streak. Hot Streak is faster though and easily side steps the beast, taking the oppurtunity to use his new shiny toy on it. Sprayed with an intense fan of flames, the beast howls in pain as it slows down, parts of its side on fire and bubbling from the chemical poisonings induced. This attack, since it was rolled successfully, dealt the full 40 points of damage from the pyro pack's flame generation rank value; and because it was a solid success on the master table, the pyro packs chemical poisoning after effect kicked in, dealing an additional 5 points of damage.

End of Round one.
Battle Results: Hot Streak wins initiative and safely dodges the charging beast. He inflicts heavy fire damage on the already weakened opponent. The beast has been slowed to a crawl and can no longer charge, it is however within melee distance. Go ahead and roll for initiative again and an attack roll if you'd like, or you could try to use your superspeed to put some distance between yourself and the beast. One or the other, your call. Roll initiative for both scenarios though, when you are ready.
GreyWolfVT

#32 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Init[1d100] = 8+6=14 :o :shock: :? :cry: Hot Streak superspeeds away from the beasts to put some distance between him and them.

next init Init[1d100+6] = 92+6 = 98 after i get run over....

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Init[1d100] = 8+6=14 :o :shock: :? :cry: Hot Streak superspeeds away from the beasts to put some distance between him and them.

Ouch! :shock: Your going to feel that in the morning! :lol: Will post the results later. Stay tuned! ;)
GreyWolfVT

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

You never did tell me do I need to roll something for damage or is it just automatic from my sheet?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:You never did tell me do I need to roll something for damage or is it just automatic from my sheet?
The damage you inflict is automatic based off of the rank values on your sheet. Because you are making use of the pyro pack we used its base 30 rank value, plus the bonus of 10 from your fire control and added the chemical burn bonus (which I determine) to get the number of 45. That 45 is your damage output, no dice rolls needed other than for your success rate.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Rukellian »

Before I provide an update, I'm going to need a fortitude check from you. This will simply be a process of just rolling your percentile die and using the result based off of your Fortitude Rank Value and its corresponding numbers on the Master Table. This could very well determine if your character is about to be thrown back and knocked unconscious. ;)
GreyWolfVT

#37 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fort Check[1d100] = 79 based on what I saw on the chart that is another success. ;)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Rukellian »

The beast, though slowed down to a crawl, still manages to act first, before Hot Streak can superspeed away. With a mighty shove of its tusks, it slams into Hot Streaks side, dealing30 points of damage. The villian is able to stand firm though and avoid getting flipped into the air or knocked unconscious, that and the pack was not touched. He speeds away, though not as quickly do to his injury.

End of Round 2.
Battle Results: The beast wins initiative and strikes Hot Streak for 30 points of damage. The attack was a major success, however, Hot Streak makes a successful fortitude save. Unfortunately, he was not able to use his superspeed until after the damage was done. You are now far away from the beast, but still within visual range. Go ahead and roll for initiative and state your actions, when you are ready.
GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Init[1d100] = 8+6=14 :o :shock: :? :cry: Hot Streak superspeeds away from the beasts to put some distance between him and them.

^ already a step ahead of you if I am still in range of it I am going to flame throw at it again.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:

^ already a step ahead of you if I am still in range of it I am going to flame throw at it again.
Cool, go ahead and provide an attack roll for your pyro pack, see whether it was successful or not. Any particular way you want to attack it? With flame control, you could possibly use the pack as a sort of fireball gun if you wanted, though there is a chance that it might miss its target if you do that.

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”