2ed OOC Posts

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: 2ed OOC Posts

#21 Post by masuro »

19, I think.
Find campaign information at Beoling Net.
corum
Tracker
Tracker

#22 Post by corum »

yep 19 is for Beoling...

Suthdael not have one?
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#23 Post by masuro »

No, I just added Beoling. The name Suthdael came from an earlier game that had a larger scope. Suthdael is the human populated area of the island (which has no name yet).
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by masuro »

Darius, why is a spear Thac0 23?.
Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#25 Post by Stik »

He's using it, but he's not proficient in it.
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by masuro »

Okay, I see.
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by masuro »

I've uploaded a map in the new Maps and Campaign Information thread. I am no artist but it will give you an idea of what the surrounding area looks like.
Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#28 Post by Stik »

Masuro - Can you refresh my memory on the local currency exchange rates? I can't find where they're posted on this thread.
Thanks,
Stik
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#29 Post by masuro »

Same as the book but the coins have different names. I've also added a new denomination called the groat for things like market food, errands, and so on.

Gold Piece - gold sceat
Silver Piece - silver penny
Copper Piece - copper
new currency - groat (a groat is a bit smaller than a copper and is made of some copper and anything else that happens to be lying around.)

1 gold sceat = 10 silver pennies
1 silver penny = 10 coppers
1 copper = 10 groats

There are no electrum pieces. Platinum pieces exist but they were used by the Ancients are no longer minted. Their value depends on their condition, how much metal has been scraped or cut away, and so on. You can't use them as currency but you can sell them as antiquities. The average price would be about 5 gold sceattas (irregular plural! You will hate me.).

Please note that anything costing copper pieces in the Player's Handbook will now be half the cost in groats. So, a 2cp item in the PH will now be 1 groat. A 1cp item will be 1 groat since we can't divide the groat any further.
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#30 Post by masuro »

I am going to put my campaign notes, adventure log, character sheets, etc. on Google Docs so I can access them easily. Please edit and update your character sheets so I can copy and paste. Thanks.
Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#31 Post by Stik »

masuro wrote:Bede gives you a total of 210 silver pennies so that you can divide the amount of money evenly. Therefore, you can add 70 pennies each to your character sheets.
Falln and Corum -
Let me preface the following by saying that out of character, fair's fair, and share and share alike. In character, it's a whole 'nother story. Don't hate me for playing the PCs alignment. :)
Stik

Masuro -
Shouldn't we divide the cash ourselves?

As far as Darius is concerned (and thinking strictly IN character here) it was his idea to bring the body back and sell it, and it was he who made the deal, and he's the one holding the bag of coins.

Therefore, to Darius a take of 210 sp means 110 for himself and 100 for the other two to divide as they see fit (when he counts out 100 for the others back at the Mindbender, he likely won't even spot the 'extra' 10, and if he does, he won't mention it).

After all, Pilydor had to be talked out of going to bed to make the trip to the alchemist's, and then wanted to give away to body for free. He shouldn't expect a full share. If Vadis wants to share his half with Pilydor, let him.

They say "Sharing is caring," but Darius really isn't the caring type.

Stik
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by masuro »

I didn't expect that one character would want to divide up the treasure in an uneven manner.
corum
Tracker
Tracker

#33 Post by corum »

Masuro: You are DM - Your Call :-)

Stik: Thats fine - allignments should be played thats why they are there - but... You dont need to tell us what your character plans to do OOC - thats getting into the realms of metagaming - how am I supposed to react to that now?

Also - its quite likely that Vadis will react to Darius actions in line with his own allignment LG
Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#34 Post by Stik »

corum wrote: Stik: Thats fine - allignments should be played thats why they are there - but... You dont need to tell us what your character plans to do OOC - thats getting into the realms of metagaming - how am I supposed to react to that now?
Also - its quite likely that Vadis will react to Darius actions in line with his own allignment
Corum -
True that: alignments are there to be played, and at times will result in conflict. But there's no reason why characters of differing alignment can't coexist and function as a group. Occasional conflicts make it more interesting provided that: A) it does not carry over outside the game, and: B) it doesn't get so extreme that it destroys the party.
Firefly (with 3LG, 2CG, 2NG, and 1CN) and Farscape (with 1LG, 2CG, 2TN, 1LN, 1CN) are perfect examples of parties with wildly differing alignments that still function.

As to how you are to react to something posted OOC, maybe I should have handled this in a PM to Masuro.
Seeing as the money hasn't been divided up yet. If you want to argue about it in character at that point, so be it.
:)
corum
Tracker
Tracker

#35 Post by corum »

Agreed Stik,

actually I think the allignments are there to cause conflict as that leads to better RP

I have no problem playing a LG character next to a N character - and I really like to play with players who like you, play the game like a role play game not just roll play!

Up until now I have played Vadis as if he is just discovering Darius and his "tendencies" but also being a bear of very little brain he is destined to fall for some of Darius's lines :-)

C
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#36 Post by masuro »

There is some interesting role-playing going on. That is great. One of the strengths of the PbP format.
Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#37 Post by Stik »

Thank you for the compliment.
PBP is a big help, but if I'm playing the right sort of character, I'll RP this way even in a tabletop game, provided I can get that much time in the spotlight without taking away from the other players.
Be warned: if we ever get into a tabletop game, NEVER let me play a Bard with the Jester kit. I once had a DM threaten to throw me out a window for proper role-playing.
What put him over the edge, I think, was when I made (out of a pencil and some paper) the little "head on a stick" prop that every jester carries, and sort of poked it over his DM's screen repeatedly while the DM was reading his notes (as if the little guy was peeking).
Everyone else at the table was trying to stifle their giggling, and the DM had no idea what I was doing, or why everyone was giggling, because I only did it while he was looking down at his notes, and quickly withdrew it each time before he looked up (screens work both ways, you see).
And of course, when I finally did get caught, I disavowed any knowledge of the little guy's actions, making it completely clear that he'd been acting entirely on his own.
:lol:
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by masuro »

It never pays to irritate the DM. :)

I will not be able to post on Friday and Saturday because I am going on a trip with students.
Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#39 Post by Stik »

@ Masuro -
Darius' sheet has been completed (money, equipment, etc) as requested.
Last edited by Stik on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by masuro »

Thanks.

Return to “Suthdael Campaign”