Chat

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chat

#21 Post by badams30 »

Oops. Sorry. I finished my characters last night, but forgot to post the links to the Character page. I'll do this in a few minutes. I'll update the photos today as well.

Spell load will be: Cleric: Cure Light Wounds
Wizard: Sleep

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by sonofotho »

Awesome characters guys! Both of you did I great job with the random roll results - hope it wasn't too painful! ;)

Opening post coming....

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by spanningtree »

How many times a year do you travel to the States?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by badams30 »

That reminds me - sorry, forgot to tell you - they switched me from Vegas to LA next week. So looks like maybe later in the year. Stinks. I love Red Rock....

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by spanningtree »

That happens. Let me know if you end up here in the future. That invitation is open to both of you! Grab lunch or something.

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by sonofotho »

Did I miss something? LA, Vegas, lunch???

As far as my US travels, we have a big family vaca every summer (me, wife, 3 kids) when my whole side of the family meets up at the beach. This trip is just a short one to visit my Mom - I'm taking my daughter. Took a similar trip last Fall with one of my sons. My Mom has Alzheimer's (sucks!) so I'm trying to visit as much as I can while there's time on the clock, if you know what I mean. Also have 1-3 trips a year with work so I can't complain about getting home! :)

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by spanningtree »

I totally understand the time thing, that's a difficult situation to be in. Godspeed on your trip.

I moved to Las Vegas last February. Since it's a common destination I have an open invitation to the folks I game with to give me a yell if their passing through.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#28 Post by badams30 »

Sorry Charles, should have elaborated. I travel a lot to the West Coast (Vegas was one of my top destinations a couple of years ago) and LA, San Diego, SF, Phoenix and the west are in my territory, so I am on the road a bit. Was supposed to be in Joe's backyard next week, but a last minute switcheroo has me going to LA instead. No one ever comes to Raleigh NC, but anyone who does has an open invite here too.

Good luck with the trip. My grandmother adopted me, and the last few years of her life were a similar thing for me, but I didn't have nearly as many miles between us. Safe travels.

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#29 Post by sonofotho »

Thanks guys - I appreciate it! Unfortunately it doesn't look like the plane has internet after all - damn SAS! I will draft the next post once I get on board and fire it off when I get to the US. Too difficult to try and do it now from my phone with my 3 year old hanging on me! Have a great Sunday!

Edit - sorry for no post guys. My daughter proved a bit more difficult than I had anticipated on the flight - so no post. :(

Will promise to get one out tonite, even if it is from my phone!

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by badams30 »

What do you think about her offer? Of course, Wylo is only interested in doing it for a pittance, perhaps he'll ask her to donate something to the poor or whatnot, and Finton may struggle with either a line of credit or coin.

Vote:
Finton: Yes. Line of credit OR coin are both appealing to him.
Wylo: Def Yes. For the goody two shoes reasons. And he'll find some way to bring glory to Eno in the process...

So that's a yes from both of my guys.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by spanningtree »

For Leena: Yes for the $$ and lead on finding somewhere to explore. With her charisma she can find her own encounters, so the line of credit is of little interest.

Fro Ceran: He is more interested in the gold but since losing his front teeth girls have been harder to pick up on, so he would go for either but lean toward the gold.

YES!

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#32 Post by badams30 »

Cool. Leena can give the madame the okay, and Wylo will just chime in with witty banter. Let's go find some kids!

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#33 Post by sonofotho »

So, how do you guys think the two player approach is working so far? The idea had been that hopefully the pace would be a bit faster than with 4-5 players. But of course we have had my traveling and Brandon's traveling (not to mention power outage), so I'm not sure if we have an accurate sample size yet. It does at least appear that decision-making is faster which is good!

What are your thoughts?

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by spanningtree »

Ja, not a good situation but let's try to play it out. Live and learn. I have an idea. We'll see. When they wake up they will be in uncompromising positions. We might be able to extort them yet!

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#35 Post by badams30 »

I think the RP situation is good thus far - def faster and less lag time, even with travel, etc. And as always, you run a great game.

As to the situation down below, I say we just make the best of it. Sleeping them probably wasnt' a great idea, but it saved us some coins and gave us an immediate out.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#36 Post by badams30 »

Okay - I was going to say we could just leave the tied up guys, but Ceran's plan has merit. We could wake ONE of the men, charm him, convince him that the others attacked us, and we had no choice but to put them to sleep. (We could show them the spiders and say "Look, we were trying to warn you about these spiders, but you wouldn't listen."

And we tell them if they insist on busting us, fine, you go get your superiors, bring them here and show them the spiders you were content to let escape.

What do you think?

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by spanningtree »

I think that sounds like a great idea.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by spanningtree »

The party is pretty much out offensive spells. This makes Finton and Leena as almost non-combatants, reducing combat effectiveness considerably. Do we want to proceed or return and rest/recharge? I'm not sure sure if time is acting as a noose for the kids.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by badams30 »

Yeah, Wylo has CLW, and that's about it. Let's do a quick listen/peek, and if it's too much, we go back to rest, then come back. We could even go to the hidden spider room and rest to save time.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by spanningtree »

New PC is posted, please take a look and let me know if he needs any changes/modifications.

Return to “Enharza and the Southern Isles (LL sandbox)”