Welcome to Autumndale

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Welcome to Autumndale

#21 Post by wolfpack »

Stonjuz wrote:Is this a welcome for a priest of Thor? They must have seen us approaching. Why is this Kaltar and Erikson not present? ,
Osric questions himself.

"Save me a seat, and a bowl friends. I am off to see this Erikson first."
Kramer appears to be the man behind the bar and llikely the Inn owner.

Erikson sounds to e the local priest who must be in the temple.

Assuming everyone orders the same

the yound lady disapears behind a door and within a few minutes returns with a tray loaded with powls of food and mugs of drink.
As she gets close the smell of food makes your mouth water. upon laying it down you see a thick piping hot stew with shredded chicken and vegitables over 3 biscuits.

If you need anything else just call, my name is Karen

I will create a seperate thread for Osric
zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#22 Post by zebediah »

Sergius thanks the lady and dives into the food, chewing half of it down in a matter of seconds. He then takes a long gulp of ale and leans back on his chair This is just what I needed... It felt like we had been stuck on the road for ages!
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by wolfpack »

The stew is a little more spicy than you are used to, but hot and fresh and filling.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by wolfpack »

People come and go from the tavern, all look t be locals as they meet and greet others.

Actions?
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by rredmond »

Tub lifts his eyebrows and asks the young brown haired server, so where's the action in this place?

Not much action mid week I'm afraid, all the locals are up at the sun to work.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#26 Post by Alethan »

"I'll go see if that's Kramer, behind the bar," Cilian says after he finishes up his stew.

After approaching the bar, he says, "Are you Kramer? We were told to check with you about rooms for this evening..."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by wolfpack »

Alethan wrote:"I'll go see if that's Kramer, behind the bar," Cilian says after he finishes up his stew.

After approaching the bar, he says, "Are you Kramer? We were told to check with you about rooms for this evening..."

Aye I am. We have rooms available 6 of them in fact, they are fine accomidations even have their own chamber pot. ! gold each room.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#28 Post by Alethan »

Cilian nods in accord and puts 6 gold on the bar.

"How much for the meals and drinks? I'll go ahead and pay for those while I'm here, as well."
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by wolfpack »

2 gold total for all the drinks and meals.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by wolfpack »

The rooms are small but clean and have a comfortable bed, a nice change from the weeks you have spent on the road.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#31 Post by Alethan »

Cil puts another 4 gold coins on the counter, nods his head quietly once at Kramer, and returns to the table.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by wolfpack »

Thank you sir and if you need anything else while in town feel free to contact me personally.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Argennian »

Viktor eats his meal and drinks his ale quietly. He's certainly grateful to be out of the rain and off the muddy road, warming up here in the inn, but is still seething about the whole Jonus thing and what he did to that poor, innocent family. That somebitch could've killed him or one of his friends. It's something the young churl can't stop thinking about...

Vik finishes his dinner and sucks down the last drink as he watches the exchange between Cilian and the man named Kramer. He scrutinizes how the innkeep looks at and assesses him and his friends. He nods to Cil as he returns to the table.
wolfpack wrote:Thank you sir and if you need anything else while in town feel free to contact me personally.
The recently deputized churl smiles gratefully to the innkeep at the offer. He stands up with a nod of acknowledgement and walks over to the bar. He leans in close and lowers his voice so as not to attract too much attention, if it can be helped. "Master Kramer, I feel it necessary to let you know we are deputies from Rashtan, under Sheriff Talon, and are here on official business. We are looking for a man named Jonus, or at least that's the name we know him by," Vik explains, describing the evil cleric's physical appearance and stature in the hope that it will elicit a familiarity to him. "He is wanted for murder and the use of foul magics, and should be considered armed and dangerous. Have you seen anyone here in Autumndale recently that may fit that description? How about anyone passing through that looked... suspicious?"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by wolfpack »

The man listens to your story and as you describe Jonus his eyebrows raise.

Well I have heard passerby's speak of rashtan, seems there are tales of a gold rush there.

But this Jonus you mention, while I do not know the name the description fits aman who has passed through here. The first time headed south a couple of months back, the last headed to the east a few weeks back.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by wolfpack »

A teenage boy wearing robes enters the Inn.

Is there someone here called Cilian?
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#36 Post by Alethan »

Cilian looks around the room to make sure nothing unusual has taken place, like a gathering of armed men on either side of the table. If he sees nothing of concern, he says, "Over here," without standing.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by wolfpack »

the youth approaches

Master osric has sent me to inform you that he will be staying the evening at the Temple.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#38 Post by Alethan »

Cilian chuckles at the use of "Master" preceding Osric's name and jabs Tub in the arm with his elbow as he does so.

"Thanks," he says, passing the youth a silver coin and a gold coin. "The gold is for the church. The silver is for you."

(Character Sheet updated with expenses of 11 gold and 1 silver.)
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by wolfpack »

The boys eyes widen.

thank you good sir and may Odin's blessing be upon you

and with that he leaves.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Argennian »

Viktor listens to the innkeep's intel carefully, noting times and directions for further considerations.

"We certainly appreciate that information, Master Kramer. Please stay on the lookout for that man or any other that you suspect of foulery. Anything else been happening around here that we should know about?" he asks eagerly, trying his best to maintain the lawman look on his visage.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Return to “Aroth”