18. Leaving the Lair

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: 18. Leaving the Lair

#21 Post by Alethan »

OOC: On the other hand...

As the others discuss immediate plans for marching order and where to go next, Gwillt begins feeling feverish. He looks down at the large spider bite on his shoulder and notes the whole area is very swollen and hot. He fumbles at his neck and manages to undo some of the lacings of his armour to relieve some of the pressure.

"Ah, damn." he manages, before dropping to one knee as cramps start to overcome him. "Guess I'm not out of the woods yet..."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#22 Post by dmw71 »

tooleychris wrote:as long as everyone stands guard and is vigilante I can try to bandage him up now...?
First aid applied to everyone. Thankfully the obvious magic user didn't need any.

Will update again Sunday night or Monday morning (sorry, saalaria, no idea how those times translate across the pond. ;)
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by onlyme »

So, what needs to happen to help Gwilt? Rush to town? temple? wait it out?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#24 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:So, what needs to happen to help Gwilt? Rush to town? temple? wait it out?
That's kind of for you to decide. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by tooleychris »

seems to me town is hardly a safe haven. We should find somewhere to rest for the night for cure spells maybe? We need to finish what we started or, unless we greatly reduced the trog population (doubtful ), Ohare could be in for oodles of trouble.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#26 Post by Stonjuz »

dmw71 wrote:
onlyme wrote:So, what needs to happen to help Gwilt? Rush to town? temple? wait it out?
That's kind of for you to decide. ;)
The halfling sees the ranger buckle from the weight of venom pulsing into his entire body.
Shannigans pulls at the cloth covering the spider wound on the closest thing he has to a friend, looks about and says, "So, what needs to happen to help Gwilt? Rush to town? temple? wait it out? "
Looking directly into the Gwilt's eyes, the halfling sadly asks,"Do you know what to do?"

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by saalaria »

Seeing that events are clearly spiralling out of control for Gwilt, Kaltar approaches andd kneels by him. He closes his eyes and whispers his prayer:

Cure Light Wounds [1d8] = 1
Doh ! What is that a 4 (prays)?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by wolfpack »

Epsilon looks at gwilt sadly.

We need to stop and rest immediatly, I have to pray to toth, there is a prayer I cna be granted that will slow the poisons spread till we can get to town.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#29 Post by Alethan »

Gwillt seems somewhat revived after Kaltar's healing touch. He gets up from his kneeling position and slowly takes a few deep breaths. Wiping sweat from his brow, he looks to the others and says, "I think I'm OK. Let's get away from this place as quickly as we can."

He begins moving north, towards O'Hare. He makes it about 15 steps before giving a shudder and collapsing to the ground.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#30 Post by dmw71 »

As everyone requires some much needed rest, the plan is for the group to head towards the cliffs leading the way back towards O'Hare, stopping after distancing themselves from their current location at the mouth of the lair by about a half hour.

"Lads, that was quite a foray into the caves..." O'rek says as he clutches his necklace and touches Ewell on the shoulder with a prayer (+4).

"I feel like I just rested, but I suppose some of you older folks could use a break. Ewell states matter-of-factly as he begins searching for the most effective carrying technique to carry the still unconscious Darrin.

Epsilon slides to the middle of the pack as the group finds themselves again in the marsh just outside the troglodyte lair. Unaccustomed to being in such a state of disarray, he wipes clean his face before stopping to try and wipe blood -- both his own, and that of the trogs -- off his cloak.

Fimmion nods silently as he listens to the group's discussion about rest and heading back to O'Hare. "I understand that some of our fighters are quite worn out. If we do set up camp somewhere near the cliffs, I would be more than happy to help keep guard or watch, which ever. Maybe set up a quick meal if the situation presents itself?" The mage can hardly contain his excitement as he begins to speak of what he knows best, food! "Yes, the local flora near O'Hare is plentiful in natural sustenance, not to mention the natural flavors that arise out of smoking some tree bark. With a little bit of meat and water from the river I can..." Most of everything he says afterwards is just random mutterings as he surveys his immediate surroundings for such ingredients; though the cook suspects that he will not find much in the middle of the marsh, at least anything that is safe to use.

Grimnail, not wasting any time, begins to administer his primitive, yet effective form of first aid on himself and the rest of the wounded party members (+1 each).

"I have one healing spell left for today. Who requires it most?" Kaltar adds. "I think it should be young Darrin so we don't worry his parents upon our return." he says while watching the young knight wrestle with the unconscious form.

As the others discuss immediate plans for marching order and where to go next, Gwillt begins feeling feverish. He looks down at the large spider bite on his shoulder and notes the whole area is very swollen and hot. He fumbles at his neck and manages to undo some of the lacings of his armour to relieve some of the pressure. "Ah, damn." he manages, before dropping to one knee as cramps start to overcome him. "Guess I'm not out of the woods yet..."

The halfling sees the ranger buckle from the weight of venom pulsing into his entire body. Shannigans pulls at the cloth covering the spider wound on the closest thing he has to a friend, looks about and says, "So, what needs to happen to help Gwilt? Rush to town? temple? wait it out? " The hobbit moves close to Gwillt's, reduced to nearly the halfling's height while kneeling, and sadly asks, "Do you know what to do?" The ranger, focusing all his efforts on fighting off the increasing pain from the poison, is unable to respond.

Seeing that events are clearly spiralling out of control for Gwillt, Kaltar abandons his earlier thought of healing the young tagalong and kneels at the side of his struggling companion. He closes his eyes and whispers his prayer (+4)

Gwillt seems somewhat revived after Kaltar's healing touch. He gets up from his kneeling position and slowly takes a few deep breaths. Wiping sweat from his brow, he looks to the others and says, "I think I'm OK. Let's get away from this place as quickly as we can."

He begins moving northwest, towards the cliffs which will lead them to O'Hare. He makes it about 15 steps before giving a shudder and collapsing to the ground.

Epsilon looks at Gwillt sadly. "We need to stop and rest immediatly, I have to pray to Toth, there is a prayer I can be granted that will slow the poisons spread till we can get to town."

"We must distance ourselves and rest!" Strom insists, quickly hoisting the ranger over his shoulder and begins heading in the direction of the cliff to the northwest.

---

It takes almost an hour, but you arrive at the face of the cliff. Weary from the battle and the hasted retreat, the group collapses at the first suitable location detected.

---

I'm at the end of my line, but this will set the scene.
-- Project --
-- DM --

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by wolfpack »

Does epsilon have to sleep before memorizing a prayer? or can he go right into memorizing?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#32 Post by dmw71 »

wolfpack wrote:Does epsilon have to sleep before memorizing a prayer? or can he go right into memorizing?
Not exactly sleep, but uninterrupted rest for a period of hours determined by the level of the spell being memorized.

However, you are still limited to praying for new spells once per day so, in this case, no new spells will be available until tomorrow.
-- Project --
-- DM --

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by onlyme »

.does the clw on gwilt bind the wound, or is he drifting out still?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by wolfpack »

Someone could slice over the wound and try to suck out the poison to slow it's progression through his blood stream.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#35 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:does the clw on gwilt bind the wound, or is he drifting out still?
While you can't be certain, considering how Gwillt collapsed back at the lair and you've traveled an hour to your current location and he seems no worse for wear, you believe he is stable.
-- Project --
-- DM --

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by ravenn4544 »

O'rek will stand hus share of guard duty if a roster is determined. He states "happy to turn a turn on duty - but i'd be also appreciative of some quiet time to praise the light for bringin' us outta that hole in one piece"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Rukellian »

Just as Fimmion stated earlier, he starts off his watch of the group, taking the first couple of shifts, while also looking for cooking ingredients. Will I need to provide a generic roll for this? Fimmion turns towards O'rek before leaving for his watch and says in a reassuring tone, "you can rest and have your quiet time, I will be sure to let you guys know if anything or anyone comes our way."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by tooleychris »

"Da cook gots da watch...*snort* Grim should sleep like baby, feelin so safe...." *orcish sarcasm *
Last edited by tooleychris on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#39 Post by dmw71 »

Fimmion, because he's at full strength, and also because he's eager to search the immediate surroundings for usable ingredients, agrees to watch over the party as they get their much needed rest, and promises to alert the group immediately if he catches even a hint of danger.

---

The rest of the group does not need to necessarily sleep (though you're welcome to), but you will need to relax. If wearing anything other than light armor, it will need to be removed in order to accomplish this. I just checked, and the following characters are wearing armor heavier than light:

Strom
Ewell
Kaltar
O'rek
-- Project --
-- DM --

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by saalaria »

Kaltar strips off his armour. Happy that others will save the day if required.

Return to “Adventures in Foxmoor”