Orlane - after the defeat of the Goddess

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Priestess Misha Devi

#21 Post by Argennian »

Priestess Misha makes her way over to where her armor and mace are lying on the ground. With little regard for her near naked condition, she dons her armor and mace, her eyes still welling up with tears from before. She composes herself with a few breaths and turns back to Nuonne and the party.

"Thank you for your kind and generous words of support and encouragement. I have failed my goddess and allowed evil to possess me. I have committed evil acts which can never be undone and that will haunt me till my last day. I have asked for Idusus' forgiveness and the chance to atone for these sins. I will do whatever I must to set things right..." Tears again flow uninhibited down her cheeks as she seems to look through those standing nearby, as if she can only observe the oblivion of her grief.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Orlane - after the defeat of the Goddess

#22 Post by Solinor »

As Misha picks up her armor the snakesheaded amulet made out of gold with rubies for eyes clatters loudly on the temple floor.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by wolfpack »

rondar quickly steps on the amulet

and what is this priestess. a strange amulet for one who worships a god of agriculture.
Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by Solinor »

wolfpack wrote:rondar quickly steps on the amulet

and what is this priestess. a strange amulet for one who worships a god of agriculture.
Oh! Well played!
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Argennian »

wolfpack wrote:rondar quickly steps on the amulet

Priestess Misha shudders as she sees the amulet. Tears again flow down her cheeks as she turns away and closes her eyes. When she speaks again, it is in a forced monotone. "I was forced to wear that. It is the holy symbol of the evil one that controlled me. It symbolizes all that has corrupted and tainted. It should be destroyed..."

EDIT: to add color to text
Last edited by Argennian on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#26 Post by zebediah »

"We will take care of that later. Now we must seek Abramo." says Ankhar, leading the way as previously pointed by the priestess.
Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by Solinor »

As the party passess through the east door:

Illuminated by light spells, this hall has a gleaming white tile floor and a series of alcoves along the east wall. Each alcove is lined with blackvelvet to highlight the beautiful golden items there. Each of the golden items is a statue of a different plant: stalk of wheat, potato, a cluster of oats, a cornstalk, a large carrot, three turnips, a bunch of grapes, a clust of barley, and a pile of beans. Each is masterfully crafted with detail and glimmer briightly in the magical light.

This is room #10
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Argennian »

Priestess Misha will lead the others forward through the room and along the route that will take them to the lower area where she believes Abramo might be. If there are any guards or animals that she remembers along their path she will inform the others. "Abramo must be stopped. If we can take him alive, we will do so. If not, he must be stopped all the same."

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#29 Post by Solinor »

Misha leads the party north through the statue filled hall and then turns west, coming to a door. The door is opened to reveal a magically illuminated set of stairs that go downward 30'. At the bottom of the stairs the corridor turns south and abruptly cuts back east and goes 30' to another door which you now stand before.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by wolfpack »

besides this ambrano, who else is down here
rondar half snarls
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Argennian »

wolfpack wrote:besides this ambrano, who else is down here
rondar half snarls
Misha hesitates here for a moment, then clears her throat and turns back to Rondar and the others.

"Beyond this door is a room with benches and a number of skeletons. I will enter and speak some magical words to allow us passage unmolested through and toward Ambrano's chambers. When we make it through, we must close the doors to keep them within."

When everyone indicates they're ready the priestess will open the door and step into the room, her free hand held vertically in front of her, palm out. When she steps into the room she will call out in an even monotone. "The goddess of scale bids passage."

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by Solinor »

The silent skeletons stand unmoving with glowing red points of light where eyes should be. Remarkably, as you pass through the room they remain still, seemingly oblivious to your passing.

Misha leads you through a couple of other rooms:

This chamber contains a small table and two comfortable
chairs, with an unopened wine bottle and two clean
glasses on a shelf in the corner.

A rack and a table with heavy straps attached to it occupy
the center of the room, and an iron maiden stands in the
corner. Several empty pine boxes, about 6’ x 2‘ x 3’, are
stacked against the west wall.

The walls of this chamber are scratched, stained, and
covered with strange markings. Loose chips of stone lie
scattered on the floor. Aside from the southeast exit, the
room appears empty.

When the party reaches the southeast exit a dark voice is heard.

"Who comes to my home?" the voice asks, muted as if asking through a wall. Then you hear a mad giggle.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by rredmond »

Nuonne quietly shuts his eyes, bring to the forefront of his brain the prayers that allow him to call forth Light, ensures his holy symbol is unfettered around his neck, hefts his mace and looks at the others for unspoken plans...
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Argennian »

Misha signals the others to get ready then after a few moments responds to the voice on the other side of the door. She slings her mace, and draws Nuonne's cloak around her. She stands before the door and clears her throat.

"It is Misha. Something has happened above. I need to speak with you...", she says in a forced monotone voice.
Last edited by Argennian on Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by wolfpack »

rondar moves along the wall to a spot where he is near the door but wont be seen by someone just walking out.
Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#36 Post by Solinor »

There is a pause after Misha's words, then the same dark voice says "You know not to bother me Misha, ever. Do you need to be punished? Go away and do not bother me again!"

Rondar is able to get closer without making a sound.

OOC: If you look at the upper floor (Which I have described as a lower level floor) map of the temple, you guys are in room #16. The sound is coming from the b on the map.

How close does Rondar want to approach?
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by wolfpack »

he slides along the wall until he is next the door, so that if someone emerged he could backstab them.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Argennian »

Misha calls back to the voice on the other side of the door. "Yes, well... I guess you can say that I do need to be punished..."

The priestess will attempt to open the door and step into the room at least a few paces. If the door is locked, she will call back to the voice to let her in.
Last edited by Argennian on Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by Solinor »

Argennian wrote:Misha calls back to the voice on the other side of the door. "Yes, well... I guess you can say that I do need to be punished..."

The priestess will attempt to open the door and step into the room at least a few paces. If the door is locked, she will call back to the voice to let her in.
"Is that so!" The volume of the voice greatly raised. "So be it!"
Dark prayers can then be heard from the maniacal voice.

I assume, Misha is standing just inside room #16 by the door, everyone behind her except Rondar, who is up by the opening to the switch-back passage?
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by rredmond »

Dangit, that would be yes for Nuonne, who would be prepping to use Light or rush in and attack.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Return to “Mortaya”