Crook's Nook...and the Garrison

hedgeknight
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Crook's Nook...and the Garrison

#21 Post by ateno »

"Wa the h--l."

Tuga knows he can't keep up and will shake his head. And looks at the captain.

"I don't know."

Tuga
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by hedgeknight »

Tumbler runs, as does the Goblin girl...and Elwood gives chase!
Tuga knows he can't keep up so stays with Captain Lardus who is shouting, "STOP! GUARDS! GARRISON ASSEMBLE!"
The captain then produces a whistle and blows a shrill note over and over...and over.

The Goblin girl quickly sprints past Tumbler and yells, "Follow me!" over her shoulder, as the main road turns right. "We'll lose 'em in the Market!"
Tumbler starts to feel his lungs burning, and his thighs are on fire too. He's just about to call a halt, when two guards coming around a corner where the main road turns back south.
The men are sporting swords and look ready for business. "That's far enough!"
Winter is coming...
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#23 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Elwood hopefully still not too far back keeps chasing the goblin and Tumbler. "What in tha hell are ya doin Tumbler!" he calls out while chasing.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by hedgeknight »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:10 am Elwood hopefully still not too far back keeps chasing the goblin and Tumbler. "What in tha hell are ya doin Tumbler!" he calls out while chasing.
Elwood catches up, thanks to the guards stopping Tumbler and the prisoner. Elwood is surprised (maybe?) to see that the prisoner is a Goblin, and a female one to boot! He is about to ask the same question again when the Goblin hisses something and a ball of flame appears between her hands!
MUO Teeka.jpg
MUO Teeka.jpg (16.62 KiB) Viewed 291 times

"How's about a little fire? You gents look cold ta me."
Winter is coming...
GreyWolfVT

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Elwood hands up "Woah now. Dun do nothin' hasty." he says to the goblin. Then glances to Tumbler as if saying what the hell are you doing?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler stopped at a loss of what to do. Fighting is not what he wants and now stupid Elwood is involved and he has been shouting TUmblers name for the world to hear... "Should mind his own friggin' business"...

To the goblin he yells Hot foot it! and hopes she catches his meaning to both flame the guards feet and book it!
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by ateno »

Seeing his compatriots gather, Tuga starts walking towards the area.

Tuga
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by hedgeknight »

Elwood - "Woah now. Dun do nothin' hasty."
Tumbler - Hot foot it!

The Goblin giggles, wheels and hurls the small ball of fire at the guards...and not at their feet! The guards shriek in alarm and then in pain as the ball of fire expands a bit and explodes!
Tumbler and Elwood flinch and then catch a glance of the Goblin girl running directly into the flames!!
Once the smoke and fire clear, she is nowhere to be seen, and the two guards are rolling around on the ground trying to put out the flames threatening to engulf their clothes...all the while screaming for help!

Seemingly not in a hurry, Tuga begins walking in the same direction Elwood and Tumbler ran. He is still a long way off when he glimpses a ball of flame up ahead and to the west (his right).
Winter is coming...
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler does not hesitate. He runs.

He is going back to get paid.
GreyWolfVT

#30 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Elwood waves off his supposed comrade (tumbler) and goes to try and aid the guards. Looking for something to put the flames out if any of the guards are on fire he will do what he can. If nothing can be found easily he will sacrifice whatever he has at hand be it a cloak or a blanket from any of his own things he has with him. can't recall what I brought with me and what I left at the inn/tavern.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by hedgeknight »

Computer +1 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:44 pm Tumbler does not hesitate. He runs.
He is going back to get paid.
He's returning to the guild house?
Winter is coming...
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler doesn't have many options.
He hopes the stupid unhinged crazy dirt sniffing goblin turns up there so he can get paid.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by hedgeknight »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:50 am Elwood waves off his supposed comrade (tumbler) and goes to try and aid the guards. Looking for something to put the flames out if any of the guards are on fire he will do what he can. If nothing can be found easily he will sacrifice whatever he has at hand be it a cloak or a blanket from any of his own things he has with him. can't recall what I brought with me and what I left at the inn/tavern.
Elwood finds the guards badly burned and in extreme pain. The flesh from their arms and faces is either bright red or crispy black, oozing bodily fluids. The smell is nearly overwhelming. (Give me a FORT check to hold down your breakfast.)
Elwood douses the flames with his cloak, ruining it, but perhaps saving their lives...for the moment. He's studied medicine a bit, and knows he needs a salve to help with the burns...but doesn't know where to get some, or even where the closest temple is for clerical healing!
Elwood Medicine: [1d20+2]=11+2=13

As he tries to decide what to do, Tuga walks up and sees what's happening. Tuga looks around, but doesn't see Tumbler or the Goblin girl he was running with. Others have gathered around, some dousing flames on nearby buildings and materials, some gawking at Elwood and the burned guards. While Tuga and Elwood act, a large owl swoops down silently and lands on a nearby rooftop. "Hoo-hooo!" it says, ruffling its feathers, its large round eyes staring at Elwood and Tuga.

Several yards away, Tumbler slows down, catching his breath, as he makes his way back toward the Guild house. As he tries to relieve the catch in his ribs, he realizes he is near the Market...and sees several folks milling about, doing business. And lo and behold, he sees the Goblin girl moving among the stalls!
Winter is coming...
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler moves swiftly to the Goblin girls side. Ehh, come on we gotta get to the Guild house.
GreyWolfVT

#35 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Elwood Fortitude [1d20+5]=9+5=14
watches the owl "What in tha hell? What are yah lookin at yah big bird?" he says to the owl. "Where tha hell did that come from an what yah s'pose it want's wit us Tuga?" he says to Tuga.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by ateno »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:20 pm Elwood "Where tha hell did that come from an what yah s'pose it want's wit us Tuga?" he says to Tuga.
Tuga immediately starts using battlefield medicine on the wounded soldiers.

"I expect its a Familiar of a local magician. Looking to see what's happened. Tuga turns to the owl.

"Owl or whoever is behind, we need clean water and linen bandages for now. I hope I'm not wasting breath."

Tuga
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by hedgeknight »

Tuga realizes the burns are really bad and if not treated properly, these men will die.
Tuga Medicine Check: [1d20+3]=11+3=14
After speaking to the owl - to which he only gets another "Hoo-Hoo...Ho-Hooo." - Tuga gets out his Healer's Kit and finds a small jar of clear salve. He begins applying it to the worse of the burns on one of the men. Skilled in medicine, Tuga is able to relieve much of the man's pain - Tuga Healing: [2d8]=11 - but the man is going to require medical attention for awhile. He (and his companion) will be permanently disfigured from the burns.
"I have some clean wash clothes I can tear into bandages," comes a voice from the onlookers.
A middle-aged woman wearing an apron and a cap, waves at Tuga and Elwood; she has a basket of clothing under one arm.

Meanwhile, at the Market...
Computer +1 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:21 pm Tumbler moves swiftly to the Goblin girls side. Ehh, come on we gotta get to the Guild house.
The Goblin flinches and hisses, "Get away from me and don't talk to me! If others see, they will think we are up to something no good! Need to make a buy; then I'll be along. Promise."
Winter is coming...
GreyWolfVT

#38 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Elwood steps aside "By all means if yer able ta help, I won't stop ya. By chance does anyone know who's oel that'd be?" he says to the woman then phrases the question to everyone within earshot. Not having any actual healing supplies himself he doesn't get in the way of anyone trying to help the burned guards. "If yer good ere. I'll go look fer tha local healers." he says to Tuga.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by Computer +1 »

Meanwhile, at the Market...
Computer +1 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:21 pm Tumbler moves swiftly to the Goblin girls side. Ehh, come on we gotta get to the Guild house.
The Goblin flinches and hisses, "Get away from me and don't talk to me! If others see, they will think we are up to something no good! Need to make a buy; then I'll be along. Promise."
Tumbler is surprised to see the wisdom in the words of the deranged goblin. He moves past her and starts looking at the wares of another stall. He wants to stay in eye contact and blend into the crowd while moving towards the Guild House. He mutters to himself as he "shops" at the stalls, not having coin is what got him on this fools quest to begin with.
Last edited by Computer +1 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by ateno »

"Thank you very much! I can use those!"

Tuga smiles at the woman and gets back to work.

Tuga

Return to “Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion (Pathfinder 2e)”