The Dawnflower Library

hedgeknight
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Dawnflower Library

#21 Post by hedgeknight »

Mausoleum Murders - Ghouls 6
Initiative Order: Khawla & Vandy (24), Ghouls (22), Acolytes (18)

With reinforcements, perhaps the servants of the Dawnflower Library have a chance...perhaps.

"Try to get her clear while I keep it busy and any healing you can do on me." Khawla shouts, attacking the Ghoul again, trying to keep it from dragging Vandy into the darkness with it. Her scimitar opens a gash on the creatures arm and it lets go of the high priestess with a snarl. Black blood oozes down its arm as it leaps at Khawla.
Once again, it's claws and teeth attempt to bring down the disciple of Sarenrae, but her armor and shield fend off the creature's attacks.

"Grab Vandy! We'll help the priestess!" Khawla hears over her shoulder...and then suddenly the Ghoul recoils in searing pain as light bathes both of them. But whereas the Ghoul feels pain, Khawla feels the healing power of the Goddess flow into her, binding all of her wounds! She glances back and sees the acolytes in action, two grabbing Vandy to drag her from safety, while two others stand near her heal and attack!

Khawla - 17/17
Vandy - paralyzed and severely wounded
Ghoul 1 - dead
Ghoul 2 - down 10
Ghoul 3 - dead

Rolls:

Acolytes initiative: [1d20+2]=16+2=18
Ghoul Claw/Bite: [1d20+9]=2+9=11 [1d4+1]=3+1=4 [1d20+9]=8+9=17 [1d6+1]=6+1=7
Healing: [1d8+8]=5+8=13
Undead damage: [1d8]=5
Winter is coming...
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Rex »

Khawla

Renewed Khawla attacks again.

Scimitar [1d20+5]=19+5=24 to hit [1d6+2]=4+2=6 damage
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by hedgeknight »

With a devastating blow from her scimitar, Khawla ends the current threat of the Ghouls.
She turns to see the acolytes struggling to keep Vandy alive; her tan skin is pale and her breathing is rapid.
Winter is coming...
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Rex »

Khawla

Casts Heal (2 actions) on Vandy.

Heal, 2 actions [1d8+8]=1+8=9
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by hedgeknight »

Khawla summons the healing power of Sarenrae once again and Vandy's wounds all but disappear; she is still paralyzed, however, her eyes wide with fright and surprise.
"Is it okay to move her?" one of acolytes asks, rubbing her hands together, obviously very worried. The other acolytes watch the shadows should any other Ghouls appear.
Winter is coming...
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rex »

Khawla

"I think so as long as we are very careful. Remember she can still feel pain. I will remain at our rear, so that if anymore come I can hold them off."
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by hedgeknight »

With the assistance of the acolytes, Vandy is carried from the crypts back to the Dawnflower Library. Once inside, other acolytes are there, and immediately begin jabbering and fussing, worried about their leader. Several ask Khawla for instructions...in which she finally realizes most of these acolytes are young girls and boys; only a handful are older teenagers.
Winter is coming...
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rex »

Khawla

"Someone needs to get word of the ghoul attacks to the local authorities. We need to post 2 of you to watch the area the ghouls came from, stay back where they can't sneak up on you, just watch. If you see anything run immediately back here."
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by hedgeknight »

Alle and Gurkan travel back down the path toward the Library, having had a nice morning with the druid at the Stone Pond. Alle's herbal packs are full and she has two potential branches for bowmaking. Gurkan is a bit sad at leaving Lulu behind and he finds himself glancing back now and again to see if she is following. He is relieved somewhat to not see her because he wouldn't want to shoo her away.
In less than an hour, the pair are passing through the cemetery again outside the Library...when Gurkan sees spots of blood on the ground and what looks to be mud and dirt from several feet, probably passing through in a hurry. As they get closer to the Library, they hear voices from within, shouting and perhaps someone is even crying.
The door is open and the pair quickly find themselves looking in on a chaotic scene. Acolytes are running to and fro, some carrying bandages, some hot water, some just standing around not knowing what to do; one is crying openly...and loudly.
In the midst of it all, they see Khawla. Their companion is bent over a diminutive figure who has been laid on a small couch. They hear her say, "Someone needs to get word of the ghoul attacks to the local authorities. We need to post 2 of you to watch the area the ghouls came from, stay back where they can't sneak up on you, just watch. If you see anything run immediately back here."

As soon as Khawla says this, she glances up to see Gurkan and the newcomer standing in the doorway.
Winter is coming...
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rex »

Khawla

"Gurkan, so glad to see you. We were attacked by ghouls. The priestess has been injured and paralyzed. I suffered some injuries as well but was able to fight off the parallelization. I am trying to send word for reinforcements in case there is another attack."
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by Darklin2 »

Alle

What the heck is going on in here? To much yelling calm down. I was a healer in a past life and an herbalist in this one so calm down and let me see what is going on here. Show me the wound on the Priestess. Whoa, whoa, everyone doesn't need a show. I can take it from here. Watch the Door and tell me if anything comes this way. I have Arcane Power at my finger tips so just call out if you need me. I will work on the Priestess.

She moves over to the Priestess and looks her over as Khawla opens her shirt up for everyone to see. Lays her bow blanks down and pulls her healing and herbalism kits out of her backpack. Do we have any Priest her who can provide a Divine Blessing? She could use some healing here. Someone send for a Healer. She wracks her brain trying to remember anything about paralysation remedies and healing poultices that can be made from the herbs she has.

Homer- Find the others from the Inn. I need them here now. Danger is close. Homer is Owl Familiar, just incase you forgot cause I did.

----------------------------------------------
[1d20+7]=16+7=23 Trained in Herbalism

[1d20+7]=19+7=26 Trained in Battle Medicine
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Rex »

Khawla

"I am a priestess and have already healed her, she is stable but paralyzed. I can't reverse that, only time can for now. The ghouls surprised us in one of the tombs. I was able to kill them all but it is possible more will come, so we need to be prepared for it."
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by Belkregos »

where did they come from Khawla?

i'll make sure its clear

Gurkan prepares drawing his bastard sword and advances to the area where the ghouls came from to make sure its clear
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Rex »

Khawla

She will make sure that the acolytes have the priestess in their care, then she will lead Gurkan to the tomb where they were attacked.

"This way. The priestess was showing me around when the ghouls attacked an acolyte."
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by hedgeknight »

Homer- Find the others from the Inn. I need them here now. Danger is close. Homer is Owl Familiar, just incase you forgot cause I did.
I completely forgot too! :D

Does Alle go with Khawla and Gurkan to the crypt or does she stay here with the priestess?
Winter is coming...
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by Darklin2 »

Alle

Will follow behind Gurkan. Inventorying spells in her mind as she follows him.

Well I have a full inventory of spells so let's get at them. I have a full complement of Force Missiles so be ready for a show.

She readies her Quarter staff in both hands.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Rex »

Khawla

Khawla leads the way back to where they fought the ghouls.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by hedgeknight »

Back to the Mausoleum

Khawla leads Alle and Gurkan back to the Mausoleum, entering slowly and cautiously. The Mausoleum is eerily quiet. The walls of the main entr room are lined with niches where urns rest, along with personal items of the deceased. They are very clean; surely the work of the acolytes. There are steps ahead and off to both sides. There are four stone pillars in the room as well as four stone sarcophagai. Khawla remembers the room on the left all too well.
Attachments
MUO Mausoleum Again.jpg
MUO Mausoleum Again.jpg (698.71 KiB) Viewed 556 times
Winter is coming...
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Rex »

Khawla

Khawla leads the way to where she is expecting to see the remains of the ghouls. If she doesn't see any she will be even more concerned.

"I didn't have time to investigate where they came from."
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#40 Post by Belkregos »

Gurkan nods, hopefully between the 3 of us we can clear the threat
i'll lead the way

Gurkan advances bastard sword at the ready

OOC: where are we entering from?
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

Return to “Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion (Pathfinder 2e)”