Now What?

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Now What?

#21 Post by Quonundrum »

You can pencil me in. Never played, nor read it. Always wondered what all the fuss was about! :D
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Rex »

I am in! Looks great and I can always hold out hope B1 is next up, lol.
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by ravenn4544 »

I'd like to join if room. I've never played or read them. i think the closest thing I came to that was when we were the monsters attacking or defending some version of that keep but that's about it. We all died in that one too ;)
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by gurusql »

Count me in as well (at least interested) you get to decide if I am in.
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by ateno »

Late to the party, if your not full.
Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Stirling »

If I join in, having expressed interest, that makes eight.

Is that too many? One big party, two small ones?

It seems we have a great 1e fan base here. Between Big Shiny and Barrowmaze players you could easily recruit 30 characters!

I have not play any Keep incarnation, so it is all new to me.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#27 Post by OGRE MAGE »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:28 pm Another nice thing about this particular offering is that we could easily split up into multiple groups if we get enough interest.
The more the merrier, I always say.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Spearmint »

Once upon a time, I had a dwarf named Littbarsky who fell dead in the very first 'cave of chaos' he went in to. End of adventure. That is the limit of my Keep experiences.

Not had much luck with gung-ho dwarves recently.
So, them aside, I would join in and hope the dice gods favour a class I haven't played much before.
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#29 Post by Scott308 »

ravenn4544 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:51 pm I'd like to join if room. I've never played or read them. i think the closest thing I came to that was when we were the monsters attacking or defending some version of that keep but that's about it. We all died in that one too ;)
I know we gave Inferno a lot of crap (deservedly so) about TPks, but it seems Rob should be up there as well. Anyway, I'm in for the next TPK.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rex »

ravenn4544 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:51 pm I'd like to join if room. I've never played or read them. i think the closest thing I came to that was when we were the monsters attacking or defending some version of that keep but that's about it. We all died in that one too ;)
I think I was the first to die in that one. Fun time.

I am in TPK or not.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:28 pm
Rex wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:19 pm I am in no matter what you choose.

My pick involves a little more work for you, B1. Lots of options since you stock the dungeon and you can even use Dyson’s reorganized maps if you wanted. It was the first game I ever played way back in 1979 and have never played it again. I have run it 4 or 5 times and it is always different and everyone always has a fun time.
This suggestion actually reminded me of a module I forgot I owned. One that I feel was well laid out and more importantly, would require much less prep work on my end, as I have run it once before. It wouldn’t be the original version of course, but still fits perfectly in the criteria of starter level.

Have you ever seen this one?

IMG_1872.jpeg

Before anyone goes off about how they’ve already played B2 or DM’d it 100 times, I can assure you this is NOT your older brothers Keep on the Borderlands. Though the castle layout and surrounding wilderness area may seem familiar, the encounters are all completely new and original, this story happening a quarter century after the original.

Plus, you get to discover what’s happened in the Borderlands over the past 20 some years. And if you really pay attention, you might even learn some fabled history of the infamous Keep that has produced so many novice adventurers over the years.

With the XP surge idea in mind, I would expect the average level to be around 3rd by the time we’ve fully explored the Borderlands and are ready to move on to the next classic adventure.

Anyone who’s never played the original before would still get to bask in all the classic nostalgic goodness, while more familiar players will still enjoy the challenges of a brand new adventure, with the same feel and flavor of the classic scenario you (may have) played as a kid. (If you are familiar with this 25th Anniversary adventure, but still want to build up a character to play in future offerings, just let me know. It will be easy for me to modify encounters enough to keep you on your toes and having fun as well.)

Another nice thing about this particular offering is that we could easily split up into multiple groups if we get enough interest. I like to keep the action moving in my games, usually posting updates 2 or 3 times a week, depending on the promptness of the players. (less active on some weekends)

So…….anyone up for a 1E Return To That Infamous Borderlands Keep?
Now that one reminds me of one of the first games I played in on here. Grognardsw's Borderlands game. I'd be up for that since I joined in late and missed a bunch of stuff in Grognardsw's game.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by hedgeknight »

Rob, looks like this game is packed. Do you still have room or are you at max capacity?
If full, put me on the waitlist. ;)
Winter is coming...
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#33 Post by OGRE MAGE »

ravenn4544 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:51 pmi think the closest thing I came to that was when we were the monsters attacking or defending some version of that keep but that's about it.
Ya, that was one of my games too. Sorry it wasn’t more memorable. :lol:
Scott308 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:18 am I know we gave Inferno a lot of crap (deservedly so) about TPks, but it seems Rob should be up there as well. Anyway, I'm in for the next TPK.
I like when players think it’s somehow the DM’s fault if things go horribly wrong. Like their decisions and actions had nothing to do with it. :lorcl:

I promise this won’t end in a TPK! (a few of you need to move on to the next module) :lol:
Rex wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:32 amI am in TPK or not.
Now that’s the spirit we’re looking for! :mrgreen:
hedgeknight wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:53 pm If full, put me on the waitlist. ;)
Sorry, there is no waitlist. You must play.

I think I will cap it at around…..30 players, so you’re good. :cool:

I will start getting threads organized today and add everyone once I’m ready.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Rex »

I have been involved in plenty of TPK's over the last 44 years, both as a player and a DM. I can't recall any that were actually the DM's fault.
GreyWolfVT

#35 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hey for once you didn't turn down "old blood" like me, only said it because I've heard it once before.

I can't help if I have certain DM's that I enjoy on here even if they do kill me off ever so often or regularly even. :P
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by ravenn4544 »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:16 pm
ravenn4544 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:51 pmi think the closest thing I came to that was when we were the monsters attacking or defending some version of that keep but that's about it.
Ya, that was one of my games too. Sorry it wasn’t more memorable. :lol:
That was a great little scenario. Lots of fun! Wait - Ogre who?!?
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#37 Post by Scott308 »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:16 pm I like when players think it’s somehow the DM’s fault if things go horribly wrong. Like their decisions and actions had nothing to do with it. :lorcl:
Oh, I know the decisions I make for my character are often going to end with something bad happening. But sometimes, it seems no matter what we do, we're in an unwinnable situation.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#38 Post by Hotgoblin »

Hello,

I’m in! :twisted:
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#39 Post by OGRE MAGE »

WHAT?

Greywolf and the president?

What am I getting myself into here? :lol:
GreyWolfVT

#40 Post by GreyWolfVT »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:11 am WHAT?

Greywolf and the president?

What am I getting myself into here? :lol:
I'm no big deal I just want to be like Scott ;)

The president now we are going to have a lot of fun! :D

Return to “Looking for players or games”