Interest check - Worlds Without Number

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Interest check - Worlds Without Number

#21 Post by Rex »

Sounds good. Thanks for the explanations. Once you get a campaign ID and let us know what rolling method to use I will work on a character.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Rex »

I have looked the character creation and magic sections over pretty good and have a couple of ideas, but will wait and see what everyone else is making since I can go several directions.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Leitz »

Rex wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:12 pm I have looked the character creation and magic sections over pretty good and have a couple of ideas, but will wait and see what everyone else is making since I can go several directions.
I have skimmed those sections and have an idea; a sort of nice guy necromancer. However, I'm also possible for getting the paid for book and being a swash-buckler.

What are some ideas you're kicking around?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Rex »

1. A Scout type (warrior/expert or expert)
2. A Healer type (healer/vowed)
3. A shield/spear type Fighter (warrior)
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Leitz »

I was thinking of my necro dude being a Chuirgion, I think there's a game "thing" for that, so he could help out besides the occasional spell. If you want the healer, though, I can pick the swashy guy.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rex »

Doesn't mater either way to me. There is a foci for Chuirgion, but it isn't a match for the magical healing as far as I can tell. It wouldn't hurt to have both with separate individuals in the group. It seems a good match for a necromancer type and I could take a different foci with a healer or one of my other ideas. I prefer running cleric types so that doesn't bother me at all.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Leitz »

Sounds like a plan. I like taking basic classes and giving them a twist. Some thinking out loud...

Stats
NecroDude Stats [3d6]=9[3d6]=7[3d6]=13[3d6]=10[3d6]=13[3d6]=11
The 7 becomes a 14, so 9, 10, 11, 13, 13, 14.

Background: Noble, Skill Lead-0

Skills: (rolling) +4 mental, and one Any Skill. Will probably wait on the DM for advice, happy to work with other players/characters for interactions.
ND Growth roll [1d6]=3
ND Growth roll [1d6]=3
ND Growth roll [1d6]=6

I like the ability to trade stat raises for skills. We'll see how it plays out.

Class: Necromancer

Foci: Gifted Chirurgeon (bonus is Heal-0)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rex »

I would put the 13's on mental and use at least 1 of your rolls to bump them both to 14. Then you will have 3 attributes with +1. I would be happy with those rolls.
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by sulldawga »

The new campaign Gateway to the West has been created and I have added the following players:

cybersavant
Leitz
Marullus
Rex
Urson
ybn1197

The campaign ID, if you're using the Unseen Servant roller, is 1020.

I created a thread for character generation here.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Leitz »

Rex wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:58 pm I would put the 13's on mental and use at least 1 of your rolls to bump them both to 14. Then you will have 3 attributes with +1. I would be happy with those rolls.
Done, and thanks for the great idea!
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by sulldawga »

This is sulldawga posting under another account. I was trying to solve my issues with not receiving email notifications and I ended up locking myself out of my account. There may be a slight delay until I can figure out how to get back into my sulldawga account.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by rredmond »

Sorry you are having these issues!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rex »

Agreed. Don't worry about the delay I will be here once it gets resolved. Stuff happens particularly with computers.
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by sulldawga »

Ron is going to help me merge my two accounts and get the email sorted out so I will be back soon.

And for whoever doesn't know what the West Marches reference is, start here: https://arsludi.lamemage.com/index.php/ ... t-marches/
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rex »

Interesting concept.
Ecthelion
Tracker
Tracker

#36 Post by Ecthelion »

sulldawga wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:39 pm I am currently running a sandbox pointcrawl over at rpg.net using the Worlds Without Number ruleset. I am contemplating running a second game in the same world here on Unseen Servant. No PC vs PC conflict but the game world would be dynamic (i.e. if Party A already cleaned out the Haunted Halls before Party B gets there, it's empty).

If I did fire up a second game here, would anyone be interested?

You will note that I mostly disappeared from the board around the spring of 2020. I had gotten a job that was taking up a lot of my time. I recently switched to a new job which affords me more free time for gaming so I'm back.
Hello, this sounds interesting. There is room for a newbie player?
I never played this game before, and more than this I do not understand the differences between Worlds Without Number and Stars without number.
Thank you
The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, yet you still dare to oppose our will.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Marullus »

more than this I do not understand the differences between Worlds Without Number and Stars without number.
WWN and SWN are very similar. The difference is mostly genre - SWN has Warriors, Experts, and Psychics (as wierd) and is Sci Fi. WWN has Warriors, Experts, and Mages (as wierd). You're still rolling attributes, picking a background, picking a class (or two half-classes), picking Foci, and rolling into game. Just like SWN, the combination of class/foci/background makes a huge variety of rich concepts. The rest is just fiddly details. Spells for Mages rely on spell slots like traditional OSR RPGs, but WWN combines that with Arts that use Effort as well (like Psychics). So, a High Mage, Elementalist, Necromancer, etc gets picks for a spell book from their genre, X slots per day to cast (1 at first level), and then also picks an Art that either is persistent or uses an Effort pool like a psychic would (so your Mages aren't one-and-done weaklings).
Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by Enoch »

sulldawga wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:40 pm Demihumans don't exist in my game, at least as far as anyone knows at the beginning of the game. So human PCs only to start.

Only classes allowed are the ones in WWN or Atlas of the Latter Earth. I am trying to keep things simple at the start of the game.
I'd absolutely be interested.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by sulldawga »

Ecthelion wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:19 pm Hello, this sounds interesting. There is room for a newbie player?
I never played this game before, and more than this I do not understand the differences between Worlds Without Number and Stars without number.
Thank you
I'm sorry but I don't think this is a good game for someone new to both PbP and the game ruleset.
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by sulldawga »

Enoch wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:36 pm I'd absolutely be interested.
Since we're currently discussing posting rates among the group, are you ok with 2-3 posts per week?

Return to “Looking for players or games”