Azir

"It looks good to me."
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: UE Issue #1: Introductions

#22 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"Nice. How long will the paperwork take? I don't suppose there is any budget for additional facilities?"
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by gurusql »

Peter McGinley

"I hope that the paperwork will take a good long time, years even." he says with a wink. He continues, "It is not a facility that I am 'officially' allowed to use at this time, but I am going to stop others from using or accessing the property by filing a 10-39R form. Add I have a few other tricks planned. So no, upgrades are on you."

And most upgrades you most likely want would come from experience points spent on a base. :mrgreen:
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"I suppose government paperwork has to work in our favour once in a while. Why don't we go and check out the new pad and continue there? We still have a lot to talk about."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rex »

Azir

"Sure, lets head over."
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by gurusql »

Heading for the base
John C. Kluczynski Federal Building 38th Floor, Downtown New Chicago
2:45 Local Time – Monday, June 15th, 1987

The group is amazed at what less than an hour can do to their lives. The four supers walked in individuals and are walking out a team, The Crusaders. While they have not quite selected a leader, they have agreed that it will be for a six-month term.

In addition, their new friend, Peter McGinley of GOSH appears to not only have pulled together this group but found them a secret hideout as well. Before the group leaves, he hands each member a key (which he says is to the front door).

Please let me know how you plan to travel to the house, as individuals or a group? Using what mode of transport? Please include a rough description of the the route (e.g. direct, shortest possible, stopping at my house, etc.) How are you leaving the building?

Actions?

Eclipse: DEX 20, DEF 21/25, END 46, STUN 29
Wind Dragon: DEX 20, DEF 20, END 46, STUN 35
Azir: DEX 18, DEF 27, END 56, STUN 56
Dos Seso: DEX 18, DEF 24/23, END 40, STUN 29
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rex »

Azir

Azir will take the most direct route by whatever means she used to get there.

What does she have for transportation if anything?
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by gurusql »

Answering on your private channel
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse takes a the key

"Thank you Mr McGinley." he looks at the others "How are we going to do this? If the house is near the forest there might be some cover around the back, but if we keep going backwards and forward in our super costumes then we will eventually get noticed. We'll have to think of some cover story, and I think we'll have to approach in our civvies, at least for now until we work something out. Unless someone has a better idea?"
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by gurusql »

Wind Dragon

Wind Dragon, bows his head slightly to Peter McGinley as he takes his key.

He then looks to Eclipse and says "While I am personally working for GOSH, under the 'Acting Hero', if any of you selected the 'Acting Associate' option there might be a reason that they are not ready to share their identities. "

He then addresses the entire group and says, "While I think that it is likely that I will share my identity with each of you in the future, personally I am not to that point yet. In terms of getting to our new base of operations, while I make need to take a few breaks, the Winds of Shaolin would be able to carry someone if that was a need."

Wind Dragon indicates he will exit via the roof.
VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#31 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso

"Thank you. I appreciate it."
He takes the key from McGinley. As Wind Dragon offers to take someone along with him, Dos Seso raises a hand in polite refusal. "I'll go to the new place under my own power for now, thanks. Mr. McGinley, since this is a federal building, there must be one or two exits that are not obvious and generally easily monitored from the outside. Would it be possible for me to leave via that type of exit?"

Either way, Dos Seso will leave the building via the exit he is allowed to leave through, head back towards his place and find a locale along the way that he could change into his secret id, then head to the base of operations.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by gurusql »

Peter McGinley

"I am sorry, but I am not aware of a secret way out of the building. Not counting emergency exits, the three conventional ways out of the building are the front and rear exits on the ground floor, and the parking garage. The parking garage is accessed from the ground level as well. In addition as Wind Dragon mentioned, there is the helipad on the roof." replies Mr. McGinley
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by gurusql »

Taking the elevator down
John C. Kluczynski Federal Building 38th Floor, Downtown New Chicago
2:50 Local Time – Monday, June 15th, 1987

The group has collected their keys, with Eclipse, Azir and Dos Seso heading for the lobby and with Wind Dragon taking the roof. Wind Dragon's elevator to the roof comes first and he motions a "see yeah soon" to the rest of the team. Moments later the second car arrives, the group walks into the elevator. Azir happen to stand nearest the controls and presses the 'G' button. At that moment, Peter McGinley come running out of the GOSH office toward the elevator. Yelling "Hold that elevator!"

Actions?

Eclipse: DEX 20, DEF 21/25, END 46, STUN 29
Wind Dragon: DEX 20, DEF 20, END 46, STUN 35
Azir: DEX 18, DEF 27, END 56, STUN 56
Dos Seso: DEX 18, DEF 24/23, END 40, STUN 29
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Rex »

Azir

Azir blocks the elevator doors from closing. "What is the matter?"
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by gurusql »

Peter McGinley

During the last 50 min, Peter McGinley has seemed to be someone that is always in control, but this is a different side of him, perhaps a little panic and some adrenaline mixed in. He says as he is catching his breath, "I just called down to the security guard at the parking entrance, and Jimmy Dugan, the notorious 'supers' reporter and his camera man are parking. Jimmy mentioned some about a 3 PM scoop."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Rex »

Azir

"I hate the press, maybe we can hang out here and wait them out?"
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"I could fly off from the roof and fly around for a few minutes as a distraction, while you leave from the other exits. Or I could go and give him his scoop, basic info about the crusaders and promise a formal release later in the week. If I get close enough I can use my powers to interfere with the recording equipment"
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by shaidar »

everyone will know from news reports that when Eclipse uses his powers his body turns pitch black and he emits a golden glow, not subtle at all
VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso

He begins to speak then pauses. Looking to McGinley, he states, "Let him come up. Have him go to a conference room. Let him sit for a bit. We can leave here as he comes up in the elevator. We should be able to avoid any contact for right now. Would that work?"
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Rex »

Azir

"Sounds like it might, we need to make sure we get all the news people though."

Return to “United Earth (Champions 5th Edition (HERO))”