Questions for the DMs

gray mouser
Strider
Strider

Re: Questions for the DMs

#21 Post by gray mouser »

Hmm, I've rolled up my character and his character sheet (including ability scores) is saved but I wasn't able to link directly to the rolls in the thread for the DM's to see. I'll have to check out the link and see what I can figure out.

Thanks.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#22 Post by Alethan »

So, this doesn't really matter for the above issue, but start by making sure your character has the proper campaign ID set up. It is 97. To update that...
1. Click on the My Characters link in the bar under the header.
2. Then click on the hyperlink for the character's name.
3. Fill out the Campaign ID field and
4. Click Aye!

With that done, anyone should be able to do a search for all rolls for the specific campaign and see every roll anyone has ever done for a character using that campaign ID.

Now to address the issue of linking rolls...

Once you make a roll, you have to copy code from the roll results and paste them into the forum here in order for the link to work.

If you want to link a saved roll, you'll have to search for it.
1. Click the Search link.
2. Select your character using the drop-down box in the second row.
3. Click Search.
4. Click on the Roll ID hyperlink for the roll you want to link in the forum.
5. Locate the PbP Forum Code frame.
6. Copy all of the text in the white box for the PbP Forum Code.
7. Now go to the forum and paste this code in the forum post where you want it.

If you want to link a roll as you're making it, it is basically the same steps.
1. Either use the Roll-On-The-Fly function at the bottom of the Roll The Dice page or use a macro you've constructed for your character to generate your roll.
2. Go to the steps above and repeat Step 5 through Step 7.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

gray mouser
Strider
Strider

Re: Character Thread

#23 Post by gray mouser »

Still not getting this macros thing, but here are the rolls for my character's hit points (including his Con bonus and the +2 hit points for level 10).

Test rolling a macro

Input: Malibran's hit points [9d8+20]
Output: Malibran's hit points [9d8+20] = 48+20 = 68

Re-roll this macro

Close This Window

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by Vargr1105 »

Bhart wrote: 3 Multiple attacks impact on initiative.
Having more attacks than your enemy does not guarantee you go first. Initiative determines the timing of the first attack. Additional attacks are resolved at the end of the round.
Should players roll for all attacks on a round in combat post and the GM will sort it out?

Another question: what rules are we using for Initiative and will it be sorted out? GM rolls for both groups? Nominated player Initiative roller? First player poster in a round rolls initiative?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#25 Post by Alethan »

gray mouser wrote:Still not getting this macros thing, but here are the rolls for my character's hit points (including his Con bonus and the +2 hit points for level 10).

Test rolling a macro

Re-roll this macro

Close This Window

There are no rolls in the Unseen Servant dice roller on the Tomb of Horrors campaign for any character named "Malibran". You are using the Unseen Servant dice roller, correct?

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.asp?do=home

If so, have you added the campaign ID to that character? And can you detail exactly what you're doing in the dice roller? Without more information, it is difficult to troubleshoot your issues.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by Bhart »

Vargr1105 wrote:
Bhart wrote: 3 Multiple attacks impact on initiative.
Having more attacks than your enemy does not guarantee you go first. Initiative determines the timing of the first attack. Additional attacks are resolved at the end of the round.
Should players roll for all attacks on a round in combat post and the GM will sort it out?

Another question: what rules are we using for Initiative and will it be sorted out? GM rolls for both groups? Nominated player Initiative roller? First player poster in a round rolls initiative?
To speed things up yes post all attacks and we'll sort out the order of resolution.

We are using d6 by the book with the exceptions posted in house rules. I can post an example if everyone would like to be clear on the details.

It would be fastest for the DM to roll both, but if I were a player I'd like to roll my own for superstitious reasons. So I'm good with either. I'll talk with Ron about it and see how he wants to handle combat posts.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by rredmond »

For this game, I'd say we let the first player in roll initiative. For the reasons Bill is saying.

I don't want to assign players because if anyone's character is paralyzed by the fear of Acererak (in other words, "they haven't posted in a couple days") then I don't want initiative to be dependent on them. :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

gray mouser
Strider
Strider

#28 Post by gray mouser »

Alethan wrote:
gray mouser wrote:Still not getting this macros thing, but here are the rolls for my character's hit points (including his Con bonus and the +2 hit points for level 10).

Test rolling a macro

Re-roll this macro

Close This Window

There are no rolls in the Unseen Servant dice roller on the Tomb of Horrors campaign for any character named "Malibran". You are using the Unseen Servant dice roller, correct?
Yep.
Yes, this takes me to the die roller and when I click on "My Characters" Malibran comes up with his PC i.d. number and the campaign is listed as "Tomb of Horrors." The option for "macros" has two macros in it for him; "Malibran's hit points" (which I rolled already but see no record of it), and "test roll" (which is a roll of 3d6 to test to see if this will work for me). Looks like I got a 7. But, of course, there is no record of the roll when I hit the "search" option.

I'm hitting the gold die next to the macros when rolling the die.
If so, have you added the campaign ID to that character?
IIRC, yes I did (which is why the campaign listed for him is "Tomb of Horrors," I assume).
And can you detail exactly what you're doing in the dice roller? Without more information, it is difficult to troubleshoot your issues.
I log on, go to "Roll the dice!", and click on the die next to my list of macros. So far, no luck of having any of the rolls register in search. I'd glady re-roll anything the DM's say since I can't prove the scores are mine. I'd just like to know what the heck the problem is!

'Mouser

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by Bhart »

I'll put up an explanation of how we hope combat posts will work in the expectations and policies forum soon.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#30 Post by Alethan »

Mouser, I moved our conversation here (and out of the thread that is supposed to be where you post your character sheet.

I'll reply with more info later tonight, one my little one is down for the night.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#31 Post by Alethan »

gray mouser wrote: I'm hitting the gold die next to the macros when rolling the die.
This is your problem right here. You're rolling the dice in a test mode. See the text right above that table? It says, "Click the die icon to test-roll this macro."

You need to go to the Roll The Dice screen and make your rolls there.

But you don't need a macro to roll the dice. From the Roll The Dice screen, go all the way to the bottom to the Roll-on-the-fly field. There, you can select the character you want and then enter the rolling code into the field next to it and you can make any rolls you want without having a macro written up. Very useful for those one-time rolls.

Let me know if that doesn't answer your question fully.

Cheers,

Al

gray mouser
Strider
Strider

#32 Post by gray mouser »

Thanks! Looks like I finally understand it now. Appreciate the help.

'Mouser

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#33 Post by Vargr1105 »

Does the magical bonus of an enchanted weapon affect the Weapon Speed?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by rredmond »

Vargr1105 wrote:Does the magical bonus of an enchanted weapon affect the Weapon Speed?
Another great question. Considering magic armor affects speed and encumbrance, you would think it would with the weapons as well. I have not seen such a reference. I'll take a peek though and see if there's any that says, but I for right now I believe that the magical bonus of an enchanted weapon will not affect it's speed.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by max_vale »

If it matters; I believe in 2nd Edition; each plus lowers the speed by 1....i.e. a Longsword +1 has a speed of 4 vice 5. I'm at work, so I can't verify that at the moment, but I believe that's correct.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by Bhart »

Vargr1105 wrote:Does the magical bonus of an enchanted weapon affect the Weapon Speed?
No, weapon speed is not affected in 1e.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#37 Post by Vargr1105 »

And in the same vein, I forgot to ask: does a magical weapon affect the Parry maneuver?

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by Bhart »

Vargr1105 wrote:And in the same vein, I forgot to ask: does a magical weapon affect the Parry maneuver?
Yes

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by Distorted Humor »

Dumb question, but my book is in a box, and I am unsure if OSRIC is slightly altered....

But how many weapon prof. slots does a level 10 fighter have?

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#40 Post by Vargr1105 »

7 under AD&D1e rules.

Return to “Party 1”