OOC/General

Faanku
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC/General

#21 Post by Faanku »

thenewflesh wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:46 pmThe Neural Interface with Targeting Suite has a clause stating "you may also roll Synth instead of Meat to mix it up". Just to clarify, this holds in general, not just for ranged weapons I'm linked to?
I read it that way too, but I'll try and find a more official ruling.
thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by thenewflesh »

A pair of questions: one soft, one technical.

I'm thinking of being owned by a terrorist organization fighting for liberation of Rason city from some governmental ruling power (not necessarily the Zaibatsus). What government, if any, is in place in Rason? I assume the US has cross-hairs on the city from afar, but how about Russia, China, South Korea? Do they have a presence in the city, and if so, what form does it take?

The Killer has access to two pieces of cyberware. Do I choose a cost for each or just one to cover both? How about if I take the More machine than meat move (which grants me an extra piece of cyberware)?
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Faanku »

thenewflesh wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:59 pmWhat government, if any, is in place in Rason? I assume the US has cross-hairs on the city from afar, but how about Russia, China, South Korea? Do they have a presence in the city, and if so, what form does it take?
Officially, Rason City was absorbed into South Korea with the rest of NK after the north lost the civil war. Effectively there is only "Korea" now, and they are the legal government. As with most cyberpunk settings though, the corporations are rich and powerful enough for little things like national government to not matter. The five corps we created will definitely have full extraterritoriality, and so will some smaller ones not yet introduced, as well as the foreign military bases and such. If you wanted a general government to be in rebellion against, It would probably be the Koreans (though if you are a proud former NK citizen you may recognise them only as the South Koreans), though you could just as easily have a beef with any of the corps of nations situated in Rason.

Of course, you're welcome to flesh out your own national government to be linked with, if you have any ideas of your own. We can roll with whatever you come up with.
thenewflesh wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:59 pmThe Killer has access to two pieces of cyberware. Do I choose a cost for each or just one to cover both? How about if I take the More machine than meat move (which grants me an extra piece of cyberware)?
You have to pick a tag for each piece, but if you wanted to "double up" on the two free ones and play that they came as a set, that should be fine. If you ever take a move that grants you another piece of chrome like More Machine than Man then you need to choose new tags for it individually.
thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by thenewflesh »

Very cool. I think I'm going to go for the Blue Lotus, a terrorist organization fighting for separation of North Korea.

A first draft of a character is posted.
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by Faanku »

Excellent. There's now an anti-government triad in Rason City.
The character sheet looks fine, the only thing I saw missing was your cyberware's tags.

EDIT: I added an entry for the Blue Lotus to the Corporations thread, let me know if it suits you.
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by Faanku »

Loving the character, q. One thing you missed is giving your Cyber a tag (pg. 54)
STEP 4: CHOOSE CYBERWARE wrote:2. How did you afford to have someone cut out part of your body and replace it with electronics?
Choose one:
  • You scrimped and saved to buy it yourself. Choose one tag to apply to that piece of cyberware: +unreliable, +substandard, +hardware decay, +damaging.
  • Someone else paid for it; now you owe them. You’re +owned. Choose who owns you.
  • You fucked someone over to get it. You’re +hunted. Describe who you double-crossed.
Judging by your backstory, it seems you either stole A.L.I.C.E from Horizoonsoft, or perhaps had her installed by them before you went off the deep end, but you could just as easily have bought it yourself. Up to you.
thenewflesh wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:46 pmThe Neural Interface with Targeting Suite has a clause stating "you may also roll Synth instead of Meat to mix it up". Just to clarify, this holds in general, not just for ranged weapons I'm linked to?
I thought about this a bit and I really don't see a reason why you can't roll Synth with all your weapons. We'll just play it that way.
Marisu
Scout
Scout

#27 Post by Marisu »

I'm pretty much locked into Driver with my concept, so I'm going through the vehicle selections. Does anyone have any strong preferences? For reference, here's the list:
  • motorcycle
  • car
  • hovercraft
  • boat
  • vectored-thrust panzer
  • fixed-wing aircraft
  • helicopter
  • amphibious
I'm feeling luxury vectored-thrust panzer is the way to go, but let me know!
ZanKyu
Scout
Scout

#28 Post by ZanKyu »

I mean who doesn't want a good ol' tank
Marisu
Scout
Scout

#29 Post by Marisu »

DOOOOOOOOOOOOO-N!
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by Faanku »

Hovertank would certainly change the tone and scope of the campaign.
thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#31 Post by thenewflesh »

Faanku wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:37 am Excellent. There's now an anti-government triad in Rason City.
The character sheet looks fine, the only thing I saw missing was your cyberware's tags.

EDIT: I added an entry for the Blue Lotus to the Corporations thread, let me know if it suits you.
The tags were added; since the cyberware was installed by Father, she's Owned.

The Blue Lotus entry is wonderful. I'm very interested in finding out how the politics will help or interfere with the missions; although they're a separate third entity in and of themselves, it looks like their interests are to a large extent opposed to the Zaibatsus'.

Faanku wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:51 am
I thought about this a bit and I really don't see a reason why you can't roll Synth with all your weapons. We'll just play it that way.
Thanks; so the targeting system just makes her movements really precise and the synth nerves makes her fast. A dancer.

As for vehicles, I'm easy; Salome is definitely a subtler assassin-type killer (thus prefers remaining low-profile), but she has a cycle, so she can always ride apart from the team if need be.
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by Faanku »

AoC wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:20 pm
Looking good. I like how you've twisted Protective into a psuedo-Financial directive, hopefully that comes up enough in play. Might switch that to Financial if it doesn't.
As for anything missing, it looks like your Cybereyes need a tag. As your backstory says they were added separately from the arm, you can go for something different or use the same +substandard tag if you wish. You also only chose 2 pieces of gear (Armoured Clothing and the Comms relay) when you're entitled to 3.
AoC
Strider
Strider

#33 Post by AoC »

Faanku wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:42 pm You also only chose 2 pieces of gear (Armoured Clothing and the Comms relay) when you're entitled to 3.
My playbook said 2 pieces of gear plus the tools, but I'm not gonna argue.
ZanKyu
Scout
Scout

#34 Post by ZanKyu »

Funk I updated the sheet
ZanKyu
Scout
Scout

#35 Post by ZanKyu »

So the characters so far are:
*Fuck the system
*Fuck the flesh
*Fuck my Father
*Fuck safe driving (pending)
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by Faanku »

ZanKyu wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:03 pmFunk I updated the sheet
Great. Once our Driver is posted we can finalise chargen.
ZanKyu wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:08 pm*Fuck my Father
I think one of us is misreading that lol
ZanKyu
Scout
Scout

#37 Post by ZanKyu »

More like "I want Father to notice me"
thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by thenewflesh »

Not Salome's actual Father, by the way, although he did give her new life. I think of him more as a spiritual leader, a 'Father' in the Catholic sense.
ZanKyu
Scout
Scout

#39 Post by ZanKyu »

Here Marisu, a bit of help https://youtu.be/ExlR7o0pW1g
Marisu
Scout
Scout

#40 Post by Marisu »

Thank you for the inspiration. It helped me make... something! I've posted up a sheet, Funk. I'll find a picture later.

Return to “Neon Shadows (PbtA: The Sprawl)”