Quest #32 "Visiting With The Neighbors"

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Quest #32 "Visiting With The Neighbors"

#21 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

"I can't say I'll be pleased to see those dwarves again," Narramore admits. "But I don't enjoy loafing about town, either. I need to learn more about this place, and an extra sword is always useful here. Or so I've learned." He nods at Dex. "And if this one is blazing the trail, I'm confident we will make it there and back again in one piece."

He swats at an annoying mosquito. "Not counting the myriad small pieces the bugs will take, of course."
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Ah don't believe we've met, Sir Narramore- but Ah'm glad to have you along.
Daisy winks at Dexter. And you, too, of course.

When everyone is ready, Daisy leads the way down the logging trail.
FA FO
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

"A pleasure, lady." Narramore bows. "I've heard much about you, all of it good."

He cinches the straps on his armor, secures his blade, and sets off along the trail.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#24 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Looks like we are close to getting this underway.

The XP reward for Narramore and Dexter is posted in the "Pits" game thread.

So far the participation list looks like this...

Daisy
Jaxsen
Liam
Princess S
Dexter
Narramore

Let me know if this needs to be altered while I get an intro post started.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#25 Post by OGRE MAGE »

While the final preparations of the journey are being made, Caleb rushes over to the group to address Liam.

"Mister Liam! Are you leaving for the native village today? I still need to get you a list of questions to ask them! Unless you are going somewhere else first? Oh, hello Mayor Daisy."
SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter is updated and ready to go!
"There is no spoon."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#27 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As I tie things up in the private threads, I will get this mission underway. Thanks for your patience!

Stonegut Meet And Greet
Godsday, 23rd of Goodmonth
Rainy, Warm, Humid

With a slight change in the normally tropical heat and humidity, the party wakes up to a bit of rain on the morning they intend to travel into the jungle to meet with the dwarves. Mayor Daisy tries hard to keep spirits up despite the weather, rounding up a few more members before they head out.

A huge young paladin has pledged his loyalty to this cause, as does Dexter, another one of Daisy's halfling friends.

Caleb stands there looking at Liam, wondering if he heard his question from earlier.

Actions?

Once we get a marching order set, we can see what the loggers trail has to offer today. :D

Daisy 16/16 3/3 first 2/2 second
Jaxsen 19/19
Liam 9/9
Princess 5/5 CL, DM, RM 1/1 first
Dexter 23/23
Narramore 12/12 LOH
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She looks around at the assembled crew and nods approvingly. "Nice work, Mayor. This should work nicely."

"I will graciously cede organization to someone else while traversing the jungle, but I reserve the right to lead the diplomatic portion."

She smiles and acknowledges each of the participants. "Does anyone know how far this mine is?"
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam
OGRE MAGE wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:06 pm "Mister Liam! Are you leaving for the native village today? I still need to get you a list of questions to ask them! Unless you are going somewhere else first? Oh, hello Mayor Daisy."
Sorry! I have just started grad school and it has been more demanding than I expected.

He turns to the farmer and smiles. Sorry, I'm afraid I get lost in my own head these days. I must be starting to show my age. We are heading to attempt starting relations with the dwarves. Then we will head out to meet with the natives.

Please, by all means if you have your questions, share them with me and I will pass them along.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Bluehorse »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:42 pm The Princess
She smiles and acknowledges each of the participants. "Does anyone know how far this mine is?"
Liam

nods and rummages through his pack before retrieving the map he has been working on based on "common knowledge" of the townsfolk and returning adventurers along with the personal measurements he has been able to take here and there. We are starting at the trail here... and based on what Master Darklin had to say about the dwarf stronghold it should be about here. he points to the spot on the map that has been filled in.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Ah was planning on you taking the lead with the Dwarf leadership, Princess- and glad of it
FA FO
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

Narramore sends the princess a slight bow and smiles. "Highness. You've already worked your magic upon them once, so we're happy to see you do so again."

He surveys the assembled adventurers. "If is suits the rest of you, I will remain near the center of the party to meet threats from before and behind."
SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

Dex, having been absent for Daisy's election, sidles up alongside her and whispers, "So, got a promotion from 'Sister' to 'Mayor', eh? Looks like my connections on the island are improving. Pretty soon I'll be in tight with everyone who is anyone!" With all the subtlety that a Halfling Thief can manage, so as not to risk her reputation, he winks at Daisy. He then goes about his usual process of picking out large fronds and leaves to tuck into his clothes for camouflage. "I'll get out front as soon as you tell me you're ready," he tells Daisy.
"There is no spoon."
SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

I'll put this here since it is just a very quick aside.

Jaxsen asks the others to give him a few moments and makes a last minute trip to the Hi-Lo. "Yes, ma'am. I dropped by earlier, but I'm afraid you weren't open for business yet. I need to purchase some bandages," he says to Nalissa. "My friends are getting tired of my shredding their clothes when they have to have their wounds closed. I am, by nature, not a wealthy man, but I would pay as much as I can for say... five rolls of bandages?"

He'll then make his best time back to the others before they leave.
"There is no spoon."
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Urson »

Daisy
"So, got a promotion from 'Sister' to 'Mayor', eh? Looks like my connections on the island are improving. Pretty soon I'll be in tight with everyone who is anyone!"
Daisy giggles. Don't expect any special favors.
FA FO
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#36 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Stonegut Meet And Greet
Godsday, 23rd of Goodmonth
Morning, Rainy, Warm, Humid

Caleb nods out of respect as he responds to Liam. "What type of crops are they growing? Are there any secrets to keeping the soil fertile? Do they have problems with the salty conditions that far inland? Any irrigation problems or needs? Do they have any concerns about their yields with the sheer number if insects around here? Are they using any natural insecticides on their fields? Do they strip farm or rotate crops at all? Would they be interested in a work share program where both groups could learn from each other? Have they found that certain crops grow better than others? What exactly is breadfruit?"

After letting Jaxsen make a quick trip back to the store for bandages, which are given to him for free after he mentions the mayor and the Princess, the group sets out up the loggers trail in the light rain. Liam shows the others his map and the proposed location of the dwarven stronghold they seek, hearing that knowledge from a dwarf named Grimm, the only one he knows who has actually been there before. (not Darklin) :roll: :lol:

The trail is kept quite clear of any hanging vines or branches now, ever since the dwarves claimed it as their own, making the initial travel rather easy despite the unfavorable weather. The prospect of trespassing on their claimed territory hasn't been broached yet.

After the first hour or so of travel, the group starts to hear something strange coming from up ahead on the trail. At first it sounds like heavy galloping horse hooves coming from around the next few bends in the trail, but the noise grows louder and more thunderous rather quickly. Whatever it is, it is clearly getting closer.

Actions?

Does this marching order look good to the rest of you?

Dexter 23/23

Daisy 16/16 3/3 first 2/2 second
Jaxsen 19/19
Narramore 12/12 LOH
Princess 5/5 CL, DM, RM 1/1 first
Liam 9/9

overall map:
viewtopic.php?p=366477#p366477
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Urson »

Daisy Marching order looks good to me.

Hold up, ya'll! Move to the right- give 'em space to get by. Daisy steps to the right- hand "shoulder" of the trail. She has he mace in hand, held low and unthreatening.
FA FO
SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

Dexter, as is his habit, would be well in advance of the rest of the company, off the trail a couple yards, and in the best camouflage he can arrange. When he sees what is approaching, he may need to warn the company.

But I won't know until Dex sees it. <hint hint :D >
"There is no spoon."
SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by SirOwen »

Prior to the noise of approaching cavalry...

Jaxsen Reiter

Jaxsen looks Sir William up and down, impressed by his heavy armor. "It is like the heavy armor of the Rhinoceros Beetle. I'll bet it would stop a heavy axe-blow. I am Jaxsen Reiter, of the Fighting Priests of Bralm. We rely more on our speed and dodging ability, but," he says, tapping the armor with a fingertip. "I can see the appeal of your method, as well."
"There is no spoon."
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

"Horses? How come nobody told me there were horses here? That would change everything!" The Princess moves to the side as instructed, sees that Daisy has her mace in hand, and thinks about readying her bow.

Return to “Completed Missions”