Prologue

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Prologue

#181 Post by Alethan »

Quoros moves back to the southwest corner of the courtyard to support Gandrel, mace and shield still at the ready.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#182 Post by Omega1143 »

Prologue 1.2 (Adventuring)
579 CY, Goodmonth 10 (11:15pm)
40h/28l, 5mph

Cole begins to walk up the steps slowly alternating his eyes from the steps themselves to what's in front of him.

"Castien, I need your light so come with me. Asus, since you are here follow also,"
he says.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 3/3 ; Quoros - 4/4 ; Karalquint - 3/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Quarterstaff ; Ausus – T.H. Sword/T.H. Sword ; Quoros – F. Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – L. Sword/M. Shield ; Gandrel – Bow/Bow
MO: Co,G,Q,A,C,K 5'
Consumables: Torch – 1 hour
Spells: Castian - 1: 0/1 Sleepx1 ; Quoros - 1: 3/3 CLWx3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1 Color Sprayx1
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#183 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote: "Castien, I need your light so come with me.
Castien follows. Torch held high to create the largest area of illumination.
-- DM --
Simple Idea, Zero Prep (OSRIC)

-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
(Status: Archived)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#184 Post by saalaria »

OOC - Ath when you say 'support' I am looking at you to be doing this from in front of me...you being the warrior and all!!
IC - Gandrel moves back over to the tower with Quoros and swiches to his sword
Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#185 Post by Xaxyx »

"I take it then that you're following tracks," Ausus says to Cole as quietly as he can. "What can you tell us of their numbers?"
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#186 Post by Alethan »

OOC: lol... ok. Don't forget, though... I'm also the only healer in the party.

Quoros smirks at Gandrel as he steps aside. He braces his shield and raises his mace up in a ready position, stepping into the tower to examine the object further. He'll not just walk straight in, though, eyes on some shiny object on the floor... he'll enter cautiously, aware now that there has been recent activity in the ruins.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#187 Post by saalaria »

Gandrel is close behind Quoros looking up for nasty surprises and ready to step up if needed
Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#188 Post by Omega1143 »

579 CY, Goodmonth 10 (11:15pm)
40h/28l, 5mph

"Following more of a disturbance of the area,"
Cole gives a little chuckle. "I'm unable to tell if it's even human, animal or otherwise. I am certain it's recent and something or someone continued this way."

Cole begins moving NE across the great hall the stairs lead to.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 3/3 ; Quoros - 4/4 ; Karalquint - 3/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Quarterstaff ; Ausus – T.H. Sword/T.H. Sword ; Quoros – F. Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – L. Sword/M. Shield ; Gandrel – Bow/Bow
Spells: Castian - 1: 0/1 Sleepx1 ; Quoros - 1: 3/3 CLWx3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1 Color Sprayx1
Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#189 Post by Omega1143 »

579 CY, Goodmonth 10 (11:20pm)
40h/28l, 5mph

The Cole group of Asus, Castien, and of course Cole:

“This was once a great audience chamber, as shown by the tattered banners and tapestries on the walls, destroyed furniture, and heaps of rotting cloth thrown into corners. Once richly appointed, it has been thoroughly searched, sacked, and despoiled. Leaves and dirt cover the floor, and cobwebs hang from walls and the ceiling above. Looking up, you see that pieces of beams and chunks of stone poke through, indicating that the upper stories of the place are totally destroyed and likely to be impassable to anything larger than a rat.”

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#190 Post by Omega1143 »

40h/28l, 5mph

The Cole group of Asus, Castien, and of course Cole:

Suddenly you all hear a loud grown that echoes through the courtyard from the direction of the tower. The clanking of metal hitting the ground follows.

"Damn," starts Cole and rises quickly to his feet. "Asus, Castien, to the healer!"

"Stay close with the light mage and keep an eye on our rear guard!"

He then dashes off back down the steps.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 3/3 ; Quoros - -4/4 ; Karalquint - 3/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
Consumables: Torch – .50 hour
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#191 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:Suddenly you all hear a loud grown that echoes through the courtyard from the direction of the tower. The clanking of metal hitting the ground follows.

"Damn," starts Cole and rises quickly to his feet. "Asus, Castien, to the healer!"

"Stay close with the light mage and keep an eye on our rear guard!"

He then dashes off back down the steps.
Castien responds quickly, keeping pace with Ausus and Cole as they make their way across the courtyard in the direction of the tower. Castien will position himself out of the way of any melee combatants, but close enough to Cole to provide him an adequate source of light. His attention will be split: He will monitor whatever is happening with his party, engaging in melee if the situation absolutely calls for it, but also making a conscious effort to make sure nothing from the rear catches the party by surprise.
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#193 Post by Xaxyx »

Crouching and spinning, Ausus grabs over his shoulder with one hand to grasp the hilt of his two-handed sword, then bounds down the stairs two at a time. Upon reaching the bottom, he breaks into a sprint, even as he reaches with his other hand to take hold of his weapon. As he reaches the opening into the southwest tower, he skids to a halt, allowing momentum to assist him in drawing the long, heavy blade from its sheath and pointing it before him.
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#194 Post by saalaria »

"Cole, Aus come quick - spider...Quoros is down!" shouts Gandrel
Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#195 Post by Omega1143 »

40h/28l, 5mph

Gandrel hears the others in the party approaching swiftly as he keeps his eyes glued to the spider.

Gandrel can still make that attack but will need to make a dexterity check to high step over Quoros. If this is not appealing I will let you choose another action. After you take Gandrel's action, Karl will get a round action and then it will be initiative for everyone.

The group that is approaching the tower views Gandrel in the actual entryway to the tower with his back to you and sword raised in an aggresive manner.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 3/3 ; Quoros - -4/4 ; Karalquint - 3/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Torch ; Ausus – T.H. Sword/T.H. Sword ; Quoros – F. Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – L. Sword/M. Shield ; Gandrel – L.Sword/Free
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#196 Post by saalaria »

OOC - If I do step over Quoros and attack am I blocking anyone else getting into the action?
Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#197 Post by Omega1143 »

40h/28l, 5mph

Not if you made a successful dexterity check and then moved left or right once stepping over him (you wouldn't be blocking). Anyone entering the room at this would make a dexterity check since he was right in the entryway. I would give you your attack after you were successful all in the same round.

Gandrel, I don't remember you letting me know that you had switched to your longsword from your bow so I went ahead and updated the post at the bottom. Let me know in the future on weapon switches. No big deal.

WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Torch ; Ausus – T.H. Sword/T.H. Sword ; Quoros – F. Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – L. Sword/M. Shield ; Gandrel – L.Sword/Free
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#198 Post by dmw71 »

saalaria wrote:"Cole, Aus come quick - spider...Quoros is down!" shouts Gandrel
Gandrel's call sends chills down Castien's spine. "I hate spiders," he thinks, but doesn't allow this initial fear to hinder his progress. He keeps pace with Ausus and Cole, lagging behind only slightly. His plan, if he can manage, will be to reach Quoros and pull him out of harms way; not only allowing him a chance to see if he can identify and treat any wounds, but also to reduce the obstacles in the way of those trained in combat. A thought crosses his mind on his run across the courtyard: "Could the spider in question be of a poisonous variety?" he wonders. "Let's hope not." he finishes.
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#199 Post by saalaria »

Okay - Gandrel goes for the step-over, intending then to move right - to clear the way for others to get in and help - and then make the attack ...which we know misses! (I'm only doing this distract the spider from Quoros so others can get him out of there)....

So Dex check:

Ability Check [1d20] = 12

Made it! Phew...

I did say I was switching to sword further back up page 10 (I think as I walked to the tower) - sorry if it wasnt clear!...

Return to “Tavern Tales”