Chapter 1 - Amateur Style Mercenaries

MonkeyWrench
YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Chapter 1 - Amateur Style Mercenaries

#181 Post by YamItheonly1 »

Lucas definitely needs to wash as well

After seeing Malzahel die so abruptly Lucas has very little to say only slightly mumbling to himself about mama and pops and circuses.
R.I.P. Riddle the only dwarven atheist thief who killed a god
If you find SweetpotatoItheonly1 tell him "you are the only one"
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#182 Post by Antman9 »

(Aedilberct) [Defense: 11][AR: 0] (HP: 25/30) (Mana: 22/29)
Action: Drops his head in anger or frustration

Aedilberct begins to respond to Lucas, "It was a..." Malzahel cries out, preventing him from finishing his sentence. Aedilberct turns and moves toward Malzahel, but there is nothing he can do, it is over as quickly as it begins. Aedilberct stands by the Dalish Elf's side, chin slumped to his chest. "So much death here. There is nothing we can do for him. Let us cleanse this filth from our bodies and move this search along."

His words trail off as he moves with purpose in search of water to cleanse with.
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Summary Post - Washing of icky yucky stuff and maybe more conflict just because I say so!! Wheee!!!

After seeing what the tainted blood can do the group unanimously decides that the next action is to wash it from them. Leaving the house still not fully searched the group walk out of the front door into the dirt road that separates the large farm house from the small farm field that they found the young burial in. Looking to their immediate left they spot a well 15 feet from them, situated evenly between the house, small massacred wood shed, and small field.

Drawing water from the well yields a nice clear water which washes off the black tainted blood without any issue, the most curiously looked at are the newly met Estienne and the battered Aedilberct. However, after a good minute of scrubbing it seems that no blood got to the nobles leg wound, which still needs to be patched up, nor had any gotten to the many wounds of the mage, his spells healing most of the damage and now only large and ugly bruises remain.

Once the party is fully cleansed of the tainted blood, with the exception of the blood staining their clothes, they are now ready to decide the next course of action... Everyone! Roll me a perception check!!
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#184 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I think this is the right macro

[3d6] = 16
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
LtTibbles
Ranger
Ranger

#185 Post by LtTibbles »

YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#186 Post by YamItheonly1 »

Lucas douses himself in several buckets of water, as he hums (offkey) a small little ditty to himself.

[3d6+1] = 9+1 = 10
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Partial Summary Post!

As the others rinse themselves off Hamish stops for the moment, listening to his surroundings. He is able to make out grunting and other sounds similar to the creature they just slew around the buildings, most likely behind the main farm house and on the road, headed their way.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#188 Post by Antman9 »

Action: Prepares for Battle

Perception Check: [1d6] = 6, [1d6] = 3, [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4

Aedilberct stiffens at the sound of another darkspawn. "This day will never cease to end, I fear. Prepare yourselves for battle men. Our wounds will have to wait." Aedilberct retrieves his wand and prepares to defend the the party as best he can.
GreyWolfVT

#189 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hamish "Well sounds like we got nother one of them darkspawn comin fer us best hurry up an get outta here."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
LtTibbles
Ranger
Ranger

#190 Post by LtTibbles »

Estienne "I won't argue about that, lead the way I'm still not quite sure where I am at the moment."
YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#191 Post by YamItheonly1 »

"But like, do we have to fight another one? What if we just snuck around it and you know just left? I'm sure we could steal somethings from somewhere else less terrifying." Lucas says as he finishes cleaning himself up. Turning to Estienne, Lucas asks "So why are you here huh?"
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by MonkeyWrench »

You all only have a few moments before whatever comes see's you, staying or sneaking?

if sneaking I'm gonna need some sneaky sneaky rolls!

If staying then you'll get to fight something!

Either way I need a consensus for the summary post!
GreyWolfVT

#193 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I vote for sneaking

Hamish "I'm not one ta back down from a fight but i say we haul arse outta here."

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#194 Post by Antman9 »

Action: Takes Action

Aedilberct, listens to the party's concerns, mumbles a curse, and takes action, "Let's move, behind the shed as quickly and quietly as you can." he whispers loudly. He will stay put until everyone else has begun to move and then follow. "We could use a proper rogue about now" he mutters to himself as he moves. Once behind the shed he will peer around the edge to see if they have been followed.

Not so Sneaky check:
Dex Check: [1d6] = 4, [1d6] = 2, [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by MonkeyWrench »

GreyWolfVT wrote:I vote for sneaking

Hamish "I'm not one ta back down from a fight but i say we haul arse outta here."
Please roll me a sneaky sneak!

3d6+Dex Mod!
YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#196 Post by YamItheonly1 »

Awwww yiss motherfucking sneaky time

Lucas goes right before Aedilberct, hearing him whisper Lucas turns his head back as whispers back "Hey what'd you say?"

[3d6+2] = 14+2 = 16

Aw yeah so sneaky sneaky
GreyWolfVT

#197 Post by GreyWolfVT »

MonkeyWrench wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:I vote for sneaking

Please roll me a sneaky sneak!

3d6+Dex Mod!
[3d6] = 8 + 1 = 9

LtTibbles
Ranger
Ranger

#198 Post by LtTibbles »

Estienne drops low at the sound of the in incoming creature, "I'll let you know when we're out of danger." he whispers to Lucas.

Sneaking - [3d6] = 14
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Summary Post - A GM's benevolence on bad sneak rolls!

At the sound of encroaching enemies the group drops low, Estienne and Lucas shifting across the ground with skill as they pull their fellow companions along and make it swiftly to the small shed to hide from whatever comes...

Lucas, being the best sneak in the group, drops low near the edge of the shed and waits for whatever comes to show itself. After a few moments it seems their fears were not for nothing as two more twisted darkspawn shamble around the corner, the same type as the one the group had just previously killed. Behind the two darkspawn comes a larger and more powerful darkspawn. Where the smaller darkspawn stand around 5' this new darkspawn stands nearly 6'2 and has a powerfully built body with a large and gleaming two handed, double-headed, battle axe.

The two smaller darkspawn seem to defer to the larger darkspawns leadership as it orders them about in their twisted and gruntish language, pointing to the house as the larger one stays outside and surveys the ground, a twisted chuckle coming from it. The two smaller darkspawn rush inside and go far enough in that Lucas cannot hear anymore noise from them, the large darkspawn is still in plain view however.

Actions!
YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#200 Post by YamItheonly1 »

"SSSSSsssssssshhhh" Lucas whispers as he covers his lips with a finger "don't make a sound"

Lucas will also slowly slide back out of view behind the shed while unsheathing a quiet dagger just in case.

Return to “Dragon Age - Clash of Steel, Age of Magic”