OOC

thirdkingdom
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#1601 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:43 pm Congrats on the runway success of your kickstarter!
Thanks! I didn't think I was going to hit the goal when I started, and ended up getting overwhelmed with the support.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1602 Post by The_Wanderer »

I'm happy to be a supporter!

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1603 Post by thirdkingdom »

My hell week is over and vacation starts today. We're going to hit the road this morning. Expect an update by this evening, east coast time.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1604 Post by shaidar »

Have a fun time, sounds like you've earned it!

PresGas
Scout
Scout

#1605 Post by PresGas »

So what is the general rules regarding spell scrolls, possibly transferring to a book, and possibly sharing a spell in a book? I keep getting OSRIC in my head. :mrgreen:
You've been chosen as an extra
in the movie adaptation
of the sequel to your life
- Pavement

Hosting the OSRIC and Dangerous Dungeons! Wiki:
https://osricwiki.presgas.name/doku.php?id=index

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1606 Post by thirdkingdom »

thirdkingdom wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:57 am
thirdkingdom wrote:
sulldawga wrote:So is everything now based off of Old-School Essentials as the base set of rules?

EDIT: Also, can you remind me again of where the rules are on learning new spells? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to take a week in the mage's library as my boon or not.
Yes, I'm now using OSE as the primary source, which is almost exactly B/X. LL will be used for supplementals, as needed. Magic-users can memorize any spells they have access to: there is no need to "learn" spells. So, theoretically, you could study in this library, memorize a bunch of spells, but once you cast them couldn't re-memorize them unless you had access back to the library. Adding spells to your spellbook is the way to avoid that; it costs 500 gp per level of the spell and one week (regardless of level) to add a spell to your spellbook. So, you could add one spell to your spellbook in a week.
See above.

beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#1607 Post by beniliusbob »

Hey folks. Unfortunately, I need to drop from this game. A few things have ramped up for me in the past month that have made it a lot harder to keep up with my games. I've been trying to push through, but I don't see an end in sight right now, and I don't want to be a drag on the campaign.

It's been absolutely fantastic playing with you all. tk, you have a phenomenal world and you are a fantastic DM. It has truly been a wonderful experience. I hope I'll get to play with you all again in the future!

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1608 Post by thirdkingdom »

beniliusbob wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:13 pm Hey folks. Unfortunately, I need to drop from this game. A few things have ramped up for me in the past month that have made it a lot harder to keep up with my games. I've been trying to push through, but I don't see an end in sight right now, and I don't want to be a drag on the campaign.

It's been absolutely fantastic playing with you all. tk, you have a phenomenal world and you are a fantastic DM. It has truly been a wonderful experience. I hope I'll get to play with you all again in the future!
Sorry to hear! Hope things get easier for you.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1609 Post by thirdkingdom »

Do we want to try and recruit anyone else, or keep going forward as is? Zellar is the high-level healer.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1610 Post by shaidar »

beniliusbob wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:13 pm Hey folks. Unfortunately, I need to drop from this game. A few things have ramped up for me in the past month that have made it a lot harder to keep up with my games. I've been trying to push through, but I don't see an end in sight right now, and I don't want to be a drag on the campaign.

Sorry to here this, I hope things settle down for you. Thanks for bringing Zellar to life in such a fun way.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1611 Post by shaidar »

thirdkingdom wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:42 pm Do we want to try and recruit anyone else, or keep going forward as is? Zellar is the high-level healer.
Well, would you keep Zellar on as an NPC? If not and we took on somebody else we really do need a cleric type.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1612 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:32 pm
thirdkingdom wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:42 pm Do we want to try and recruit anyone else, or keep going forward as is? Zellar is the high-level healer.
Well, would you keep Zellar on as an NPC? If not and we took on somebody else we really do need a cleric type.
I'm not a *huge* fan of running major NPCs as PCs, to be honest. I will if I have to, but I've got a lot on my plate.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1613 Post by thirdkingdom »

I hate to do this, but I think I need to shut this game down. I'm still pretty busy, and game slowdowns is a hurdle I've always had difficulty surmounting. The slowdown is on me. I'd like to thank everyone who played -- y'all were great -- and if I run another game in the future (or regain the time to pick this one back up) I will certainly keep you all in mind.

tk

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1614 Post by shaidar »

I'm sad to hear this, TK, but I completely understand, RL and family has to come first.

Thanks for running an absolutely great game, and thanks to the other players too.

I would definitely be interested if the game returned or you started something new.

Best of luck, and be safe everyone.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1615 Post by The_Wanderer »

I was afraid this might be happening. Hat's off to a great game and I look forward to the next one some day.

PresGas
Scout
Scout

#1616 Post by PresGas »

Thanks from the newest guy. I totally get it for sure! Life has been just crazy here too. Thanks for letting me observe how this flowed though! Gave me some good ideas for if I do a PbP!!
You've been chosen as an extra
in the movie adaptation
of the sequel to your life
- Pavement

Hosting the OSRIC and Dangerous Dungeons! Wiki:
https://osricwiki.presgas.name/doku.php?id=index

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1617 Post by VonAlric »

It kills me to lose such a great game. However, a GM that cannot focus can't deliver a good game and there are more important things in this life than this game.

Thank you for running such an interesting game world. It has given me a few thoughts of what I could incorporate into my own.

It is rather sad that we will never know what would happen when Gardo met the dragon and used the wishstone to change the dragon's alignment and become his mount.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1618 Post by thirdkingdom »

If I were to start this game up again would there be any interest in continuing? Probably be starting in 3 or so weeks.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1619 Post by VonAlric »

I'm in
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1620 Post by thirdkingdom »

VonAlric wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:55 pmI'm in
Hmm. No one else has responded (it looks like some folks haven't been on the site in a while. Let's give it another couple of days and I'll likely open recruitment up again.

Return to “A Brave New World (OSE)”