Quest #11 "Raythan Wants To Make Amends"

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Quest #11 "Raythan Wants To Make Amends"

#141 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jax decides not to antagonize the monkeys, realizing they have both the numbers and even better climbing skills than he has. He heads back down, but the earlier attack has given him an idea. As he climbs down, he knocks down any fruits or nuts along the way, hoping to put together some additional traveling rations for the group.
"There is no spoon."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#142 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Search For Stuff
Godsday, 2nd of Goodmonth
Mid Afternoon, Hot, Humid, Buggy

Raythan and Storm continue with their search at the edge of the trail, neither noticing Brother Gilberts confrontation. Jaxsen concedes the tree to the monkeys and starts his descent. Shaking branches along the way slows him down, but he hopes to add to the groups rations.

The peace loving priest is not afraid of any unseen voices, even if they do sound female and sultry. He stands his ground and answers the question calmly and quietly. The voice responds ominously.

"You're welcome master friar, and yes you may ask. But I will not answer truthfully, so why bother?"

"Let's just say I am someone who likes to help people, as I am helping you right now. It is very dangerous out here in the jungle, you know. People die out here every day. My advice to you would be to turn around, head back to that silly little town, and don't come back. In fact, if you want to do something truly worthy of the clergy, you might want to get everybody out of there before something very bad happens to the nice people of Beachtown."

Actions?

Storm Briarfoot 7/8 4/4 first
Jaxsen Reiter 8/10
Brother Gilbert C1 8/8 3/3 first
Raythan Crechan 6/6 1/1 first MU 2/3 first CL
SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#143 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brother Gilbert

I thank you for the advice. And I will counsel my new friends on the danger. They would like to find the rest of their party, but that may prove fruitless.

To the rest of the party:
I think I have found the lost rucksack. Is this it? (holds it up)

I think we should be going back to the village soon. A voice, possibly sent by Pelor, has told me venturing farther would not be wise. When voices speak something reasonable, one should listen and heed their advice.
SpinwardMarch
SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#144 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

"Well," says Jax. "It was our intention to return to town soon in any event. But perhaps not just yet. It is very hard to replace anything on this island, so I would like to retrieve my halberd before going back. Especially if we are this close."

Jax looks at the ruck. "Storm, what did you have in it? You might want to see what is still inside."
"There is no spoon."
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by Storm11 »

The halfling Druid bustles over and takes the pack thanking the cleric profusely. He dips into it to see what’s still inside, searching specifically for his mistletoe
Greys Campaign.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#146 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Search For Stuff

The unseen sultry female voice laughs at the priests words once everyone has all gathered around.

"You religious folks have always been a mystery to me. YES Father! This is your GOD speaking!" The voice breaks out in laughter again.

"Just do as I say and you will be left alone. If you don't, bad things will happen. That's all I'm really saying."

After Storm rifles through his belongings, he finds a few items missing from his pack. His rations are gone, as are his candles, oil, and mirror. The coil of rope he had is also no longer attached to his backpack.

"To show you that I am not an unreasonable god," (more giggles) "I will also return your weapons, in case you run into trouble on your way back to town."

With that, Jaxsen's halberd, Raythan's staff, and Storm's sword and scabbard appear in mid air, then suddenly all drop to the ground at the groups feet.

Raythan looks around for the source of the voice with a confused look on his face. He waves his arms out in front of him, feeling around at the thin air as if he were blind.

Actions?

Jaxsen Reiter 8/10
Brother Gilbert 8/8 3/3 first
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Storm11 »

Thank you very much! says the halfling, strapping in his scimitar to his back. You wouldn’t have happened to find my wooden shield would you? Fairies, on the island. Who would have thunk it!” he says, shrugging off the loss of his items but cuddling his mistletoe like it was a baby.
Greys Campaign.
SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#148 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brother Gilbert

Truning aside, he replys to the voice: I know that you are not sent by a god, but sometimes, it is easier to persuade folk to right action if they believe it is suggested by a higher power. The followers of Pelor also know to heed good council. when they hear it. Thank you for returning their belongings.

He turns around to the other three, I think we should return to the village.

“I know of some of my shortcomings, but so many here are like heedless children. Oh, my. Yes, dear teachers, I am learning.”
SpinwardMarch
SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#149 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jaxsen makes sure that his halberd is still in good shape and then looks to Raythan. "We did agree to come get out possessions and then head back. The woman, apparently, has covered most of that." He turns and bows in the direction of the voice. "Thank you, ma'am, for both our possessions and the advice."
"There is no spoon."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#150 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Search For Stuff

Raythan gets a friendly kick in his bottom for trying to grab out at the voice. For a split second only, you all see the source of the soothing words.
IMG_1496.JPG
IMG_1496.JPG (795.42 KiB) Viewed 232 times
As quickly as the attractive female appears out of nowhere, she is gone again almost instantly. Her sultry voice remains, however.

"Sorry shorty. I didn't see a shield in the pile, but I was probably not the only one that noticed the stuff laying there either. This damn jungle is crawling with life, as you may already know."

"And I didn't mean to offend you, father. I do understand the idea of serving a higher power, I just like to know that I can profit from the ones I serve."

"And please don't take my warnings as a threat to you personally, I don't mind if you don't heed them. I was just looking out for the lives of the innocent folks of Beachtown, is all. Bad things are coming. The zombies were only the beginning. Sadly, things will get much worse for those unfortunate folks soon enough."

Actions?

Jaxsen Reiter 8/10
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by Storm11 »

Storm plumps up his lip and sticks it out in a sad face. His ears prick up at the sound of zombies.

Do you know where the zombies are coming from, who is controlling them? Is it that ziggurat in the jungle? What’s coming next to you think?
Greys Campaign.
SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#152 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

"Please," answers Jax. "If you know of specific threats to our hive, would you please speak plainer? The people there are merely trying to establish a peaceful and prosperous community. I understand that a secret can have value, but so can sharing it."

"And while your invisibility gives you an advantage, each of us has valuable skills as well," he continues. "If you join us, you can take advantage of our skills as well. All good hives are based on strength in numbers."
"There is no spoon."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#153 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Search For Stuff

The voice continues.

"There I go again, running my mouth when I shouldn't be. The one I serve would not approve of me giving away his plans. I better be going then."

You see a few fronds and branches part and hear light footfalls, but the action suddenly stops again.

"Say, do any of you know about a group of adventurers around town that killed a sea troll?"

Actions?

Jaxsen Reiter 8/10
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by Storm11 »

Storm balls at that revelation. A sea troll, wow. They must be mighty indeed to take out a creature like THAt! His eyes wide, he looks at the others for confirmation. Dont mind me, I am new here!
Greys Campaign.
SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#155 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brother Gilbert

I believe the group I met on the beach yesterday mentioned a troll. I do not know of the details.
SpinwardMarch
SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#156 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

"Yes," says Jax. "I saw part of their preparation. I believe they set a trap with nets, and then killed it once they had it bound. I didn't actually see the fight, however."

He looks in the direction of the last branches to move. "I have met some of them. Perhaps I could introduce you, if that is your desire." He allows a moment for a decision and then continues, "After all, friendships often start with one person doing a favor for another."
"There is no spoon."
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by Storm11 »

You haven’t seen a poisonous snake hidden in a tree have you, before you go? asks Storm hopefully, peering around the clearing to look for the one that bit him, without getting too close
Greys Campaign.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#158 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Search For Stuff

The voice continues, now from a little further into the bush.

"So, it is true then? Well, they must be a pretty bad ass group if they can take down a sea monster. Good with planning and setting traps and such too, huh? That is good information. I thank you for it."

"Sorry, I am not really interested in friendship, blondie. I am certain that I will meet them soon enough."

"I will say this to you all one more time. Go back to your town and warn the commoners that they should move on. If they cant leave, go out and find them a secluded cave or something similar where they can hide out for a while. Because sooner or later, he will come back for them."

"Have a nice day, then!"

Actions?
Storm11 wrote:You haven’t seen a poisonous snake hidden in a tree have you, before you go? asks Storm hopefully, peering around the clearing to look for the one that bit him, without getting too close
The encounter with the snake happened much deeper into the jungle. You are still right off of the loggers trail right now. But, if you really want to search around for dangerous animals....... :twisted:
Jaxsen Reiter 8/10
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by Storm11 »

you are SUCH a tight arse with Druids and their animals :lol:
Greys Campaign.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#160 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's not true! Wes still has a little sparrow friend flying around somewhere. :lol:

Return to “Completed Missions”