Action Thread 5

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 5

#141 Post by Alethan »

The mention of the half-orc stirs a thought in Freda's mind.

She quickly searches the body of the unconscious half-orc to see if he has 20 gp on him. Then she searches the other bodies, as well.

Assuming she finds some, she'll snatch a small leather coin purse off one of the bodies, put 10 gp in it, and give it to the slave. "Here... should make up for some of your trouble, anyway. What did they have you doing here, then? Do you know what is down the hallway?" (She directs him to the door they entered the room from, pointing the way they've not yet gone).
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 6:15am

Freda's search turns up 20gp on each of the stable guards. They also each have a small leather pouch and a day's worth of rations on them. Besides the short swords and horn.

The man accepts the purse with a "thank you" and seems to calm a bit. "I'm sorry," he says wearily, "I've been hiding for days, in my mad rush I don't remember much of where I came from. I know I had to come up stairs, and I know that the stable guards talked about the 'Sewers' sometimes calling it the 'Undercity'. I think that's where most of the slaves are kept. I wasn't down there for long... but I did hear much when I was up there in the loft. They talked a lot about rathering this station, in the stables then 'by the cemetery' - which I gathered is a guard station to the north. They were all afraid of the cemetery, saying the trees themselves haunt the place. But that cemetery, and some stairs to the east of here were ways down to the Undercity - eastward being the more used way down. They also kept talking about 'Sticky's treasure'. Not sure who Sticky is, but he sounded like another guard to the south, and somehow has some treasure. It sounded like if they could get rid of that guard and take his treasure they would... but I imagine he's a tough guard to beat. Other than that, it was normal guard talk." After some food, drink and gold, the man seems much more relaxed in your presence. "When are we leaving?"

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 34/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 11/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: cross bow (war hammer), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield
MO: Elwita, Eljayess, Freda, Ogre, Blodgett, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen,
Karraway

Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (1 hours, 52minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (lit, 58 minutes), Torch - Freda (burnt with undead), Torch (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern will examine the horn. I think we've met "Sticky," he mutters absentmindedly. Suddenly bringing himself back, he continues. My apologies, Sir, but I fear we will not be taking leave so directly. We are here on business.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#145 Post by Alethan »

Freda raises an eyebrow at Phanstern's first comment.

"Oh, right!" She looks down at her arm, where the tendrils burned her skin. "Sticky got stuck. He isn't going to be bothering anyone any more."
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#146 Post by saalaria »

"hmmm sounds like we should apply a lot more wine and try and get 'sticky' off the floor - what say you all?"
Dredd looks around expectantly.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#147 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:I know I had to come up stairs, and I know that the stable guards talked about the 'Sewers' sometimes calling it the 'Undercity'. I think that's where most of the slaves are kept.
saalaria wrote:what say you all?"
"I say we find these sewers, and deal with whatever else we encounter along the way."
:?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
(Status: Archived)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#148 Post by Alethan »

saalaria wrote:"hmmm sounds like we should apply a lot more wine and try and get 'sticky' off the floor - what say you all?"
Dredd looks around expectantly.
"Well, there is that whole vat there... We could dump it and see what happens. Or use buckets, I guess."

Freda looks around the stables - surely there is a bucket or two laying about.

"Maybe sticky is covering an entrance to the sewers..."
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by tkrexx »

Or perhaps Sticky's treasure contains items of power that could benefit our cause, Phanstern offers, tho he really has no desire to face the monstrosity again. He will stash the horn in his bag and head towards the door to examine the peephole.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by max_vale »

A thought occurs to Ogre....a rare occurance....and he picks up the unconscious Half-orc's blade and hands it to the freed prisoner. "You might need this.....remember to stick the pointy end in the bad guys."

Looking at the group; Ogre says; "So, the plan is to go back to that plant-thing-monster and see if it's covering an entrance to these sewers?"
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#151 Post by Vargr1105 »

"Pretty much so Ogre." says Kayen, "I too vote for dealing with our sticky friend from a while before. And if it happens to not be guarding the sewers' entrance we will resume the search for it elsewhere."
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#152 Post by ToniXX »

Vargr1105 wrote:"Pretty much so Ogre." says Kayen, "I too vote for dealing with our sticky friend from a while before. And if it happens to not be guarding the sewers' entrance we will resume the search for it elsewhere."
Blodgett nods in agreement, although he seems reluctant to battle the sticky beast again.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#153 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljayess listens to all before speaking up. "Isn't there more to explore before we decide the entrance to the sewers is under that thing?"
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#154 Post by Alethan »

"We also want to see what Sticky's treasure was."
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#155 Post by Nuke66 »

"Ah, in that case..." Eljay turns and looks around the walls for a rake and shovel. She casually dips the shovel into a fresh pile of manure. "Grab a bucket or two and let's do this."
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by rredmond »

Sorry all, the State has been kicking my butt this week. Making my job very uncomfortable with my bosses looking to cast blame. It’s okay, I make them uncomfortable right back by saying “I’m the Director, ultimately it’s my call and my fault”. I hate pointing fingers, and they don’t know how to deal with folks who don’t methinks. And due to babysitting the State while they rip one of my programs apart, the rest of my work is now running late. Sheesh, hopefully back to gaming for a bit.
I'll update tomorrow, but unless any one objects, it looks like we are heading back to sticky plant creature. Got it.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex - 6:20am

It takes but a few minutes for the party to discuss going back to the last room and for them to get together and get there. The ex-slave answers Eljayess by saying "I just want to get out of here safely and get home, so however I can help." To Phanstern he simple responds, "then I'm coming with you!"

Phanstern takes the horn, and, since most of the light was now at the door (and wouldn't be seen) carefully peeks out the peep hole. He sees no one on the grounds outside the door, though there are what look like campfires in the distance. He remembers that though most of the guards seemed to be on the roof when they arrived, they did have to skirt a group of guards around a campfire or two to get to the secret door on the outside of the slavers' temple. Must be one of those.

The ex-slave nods at Ogre and, somewhat reluctantly takes the short sword. The way he grips it, and the way his hand dips under the weight of it shows the Swashbuckler that the man, is in no way a swordsman.

Eljay and Freda gather up some shovels and buckets. There are two shovels and seven buckets. Ogre can carry a shovel in his shield arm, so can Elwita comfortably (though long for her, digging being second nature she has no issues). Blodgett can carry a bucket in his free hand. Kayen, Eljay and Freda can all carry buckets in their free hands, though it's awkward. But they are easily dropped if combat arises. I figured I'd let everyone take the most amount. If it isn't necessary, or a character refuses to take something, just let me know and we'll have left it back in the stables.

You form quickly and get back to the previous room rather quickly. The door is opened and you all see and hear the flies buzzing around the sticky plant creature thing. It is still in the middle of the room, still somewhat limp, and definitely not moving.

HPs: Elwita - 33/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 34/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 11/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: cross bow (war hammer), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light), shield; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword; Freda: long sword, shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield; Kayen: long sword, shield; Bert: short sword
MO: Elwita, Eljayess, Freda, Ogre, Blodgett, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Bert,
Karraway

Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (1 hours, 47 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (lit, 53 minutes), Torch - Freda (burnt with undead), Torch (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-4/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-3/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#158 Post by saalaria »

"Can someone check up the stairs that we have no company?" asks the mage.

Once someone has checked its safe he will venture up the stairs to start filling buckets for the others to pour on "Sticky" (we hope it is he!)
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern sidles up to Kayen, never taking his eyes off the goo-monster in the room. Elves speak Orcish, is that correct? If needs be, I may at some time ask you to, um, translate for me. Speaking to the group: Do we make a chain, or simply all fill our pails and goosh the sticky thing?
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#160 Post by Alethan »

"Just grab a bucket and get it filled! We will slosh one or two buckets first to see what it does, then do the rest if it works...", replies Freda.

Freda grabs a bucket, fills it with sour wine from the barrel and pours it right in the middle of sticky.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”