Port Torvin

hedgeknight
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Port Torvin

#141 Post by Karaunios »

Vilana "I don't want to talk too fast but the mission seems simple enough and the reward is juicy. I'm in. The biggest obstacle I see is Lord Aron, but if he just needs convincing, it doesn't seem dangerous. Except if he's mad about... the count's daughter."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#142 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Karaunios wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:44 am Vilana "I don't want to talk too fast but the mission seems simple enough and the reward is juicy. I'm in. The biggest obstacle I see is Lord Aron, but if he just needs convincing, it doesn't seem dangerous. Except if he's mad about... the count's daughter."
Roan pipes up yet again "Oh aye, I ain't as worried bout that I'll just let one of yah more charismatic ones do tha talkin' there. I'm more wonderin' how the situation with tha lizardfolk'll go. Hopein' peacefully. I ain't lookin ta start nothin' with them."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by hedgeknight »

Count Tydan listens as the soon-to-be companions respond to his mission. He nods and smiles to those who affirm they will go. For those with questions, he answers.
Roan: "When you return, if you wish to swap your coin for gems or some item of magic, that can be easily arranged. As for a guide, I have one with his own boat to get you upriver."
Cassius: "Ha! Maybe one day you will be a Count, my friend. Until then, however, wherever you need supplies, you may charge them to my account. As for my daughter, she turned eight years old two weeks past. You will find she is fit to travel; she's quite tough and resilient for her age."
Sai: "My personal bowyer/fletcher is a Half-Elf who goes by the name 'Bone.' His shop is around the corner from the Merry Moose. Tell him, I sent you."
Vilana: "When Lord Aron lays eyes upon you, my dear, he will gladly listen...although, his mind may be jumbled by your beauty. I suggest you ask a favor of him before he rights himself."

"My guide is a crusty old sailor named 'Pan-Fried Pete' - he cooks his food in lard and has a cast-iron stomach...much like the cooking pots and pans he uses. He knows the Javan River like the back of his hand though; he'll get you close to the lizardman tribe, and then ferry you all the way to Hallbridges. He is trustworthy, if a bit eccentric. His payment will come out of my pocket, so no need to worry about that. His boat, The Red Goose, is not easy to miss. It will be docked and ready to go on the morrow. High tide peaks in the morning at 6:00 am and Pete likes to leave with the tide, so best be up and ready pre-dawn."

He turns to go and says over his shoulder, "I hope to see all of you again very soon...with my daughter."
Winter is coming...

GreyWolfVT

#144 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roan pleased with the answer he received and how the others were answered by the count nods his head "Good 'nough fer me Count. If all goes well with tha lizardfolk I'm sure you'll be seein' us with yer daughter soon 'nough."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by Rex »

Fahima

"It sounds like we had best get moving if we are going to be ready for the tide in the morning."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by Spearmint »

Gordansk

"Do any of us speak lizardman at all?

Who is keeping the key to the padlock?"

His knowledge of the region is limited but from the maps he has seen, Hallbridges is many leagues away, close to the Hell' Furnace Mtns. Going upstream is going to be hard work for any sailor. Before then we have to survive the lizardmen. He doesn't trust they will be all that friendly despite the reputations voiced.

If nothing more is needed he will withdraw to some Torvin hostelry and spend the night in prayer to gain the wisdoms and blessings he needs for the next day.

GreyWolfVT

#147 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roan "I can take tha key if nobody else wants ta carry it. As fer speakin not much else I can speak sides ta orcs."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by Rex »

Fahima

"I don't speak Lizardman, but I am very good at not getting lost. As a cartographer you could say maps are my thing."

GreyWolfVT

#149 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roan "An fore anyone asks, I was taught ta knoe thy enemy, and that is why I dun learned tha language of orcs. Least back then they were one of tha enemies."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by gurusql »

Zan

Zan says "I agree as well, Count."

Later in the conversation he will say that "I also do not speak lizard man. Count, do we know if the lizard men speak another language?"

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by Karaunios »

Vilana rubs her chin, ruminating on the count's words.

She then answers to Gordansk. "No, I don't speak lizardman either."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Cassius

The Elf stands as the Count does and bows as he leaves. "Very good, then. An Adventure, Sai! Not that sailing hasn't been a blast, but I do long for sleeping among the trees."

"And maps! Yes! You'll have to show me your ink, is there a difference for freshwater I wonder? But you heard the Count, let's go get supplies on his account."

Cassius will stay and chat for a bit if others do, but eventually, he will try to move the group back to town and shopping.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#153 Post by Darklin2 »

Sai

I will have to visit that Fletcher, Hopefully he will be open when we return to town. I will try to pick up a couple quivers of arrows, I'm not running out like last time. He does a quick inventory or his gear while he is sitting there thinking about anything he needs. Guess a couple weeks of trail rations would be in order too. Not sure what to expect out of any of this trip.

Cassius, you had better stock arrows too. If we are on a boat it good to shoot from it, if we get attacked by anything. And rations for everyone at least two weeks I am thinking. Might as well make it three weeks. We can leave what we don't need on the boat.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by gurusql »

Zan

Zan is of a similar mind to Sai and trying to get extra consumables on the Count's account

Iron Rations (2 more weeks)
Waterskins
20 Sling Bullets
Ink
Paper

sheet updated
Last edited by gurusql on Sat May 28, 2022 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#155 Post by Rex »

Fahima

Fahima adds supplies as well.

Sheet updated.

GreyWolfVT

#156 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roan double-checks his supplies and seeing that he already has 2 weeks of iron rations and 2 waterskins as well as 4 dozen crossbow bolts he figures he is set. "I ain't really needin nonthin in tha way of supplies. I'm good ta go when ya all are set." he says to the group.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by Karaunios »

Vilana buys:

One more quiver with 12 arrows
Preserved rations for 1 week
1 water skin

Sheet updated

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by hedgeknight »

Gearing Up and Getting Ready!
GreyWolfVT wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:59 pm Roan "I can take tha key if nobody else wants ta carry it. As fer speakin not much else I can speak sides ta orcs."
So that takes care of the key; who's going to be responsible for the box?

Count Tydan listens to all of the companions mention about not speaking the language of lizardmen, and he rubs his eyes for a few seconds and says, "I'll make sure to get a scroll to you before you leave in the morning. When read, it will magically allow understanding between whomever is in the room."
"Now, Fahima, a private word please?" he motions the Halfling to come over by the fireplace where he...(Rex, check your private forum)

Once back outside, the rain is holding off and the first thing in order is to stock up on supplies, especially since the Count is buying. Bone's Bows is in quite near the Merry Moose and is chock full of all things pertaining to missile weapons. Bone is a stern looking fellow, wiry and with corded arms. If he shakes your hand, you won't forget it.

Bone.jpg
Bone.jpg (30.6 KiB) Viewed 1888 times

When you mention you are here to buy supplies for a mission for the Count, Bone's face softens and he nods and says, "What can I get you? Anything special or just the standard bowstrings and a bunch of arrows to go with?"

Across the street from Bone's archery shop is a mercantile named Red Sails General Store. There is a rather large and imposing Half-Orc standing outside on the porch, watching the passersby, but the door is open and it looks warm and inviting inside. If spoken to, the Half-Orc grunts and steps aside, motioning with one scarred arm to go inside. There are a few patrons inside already, but there is literally just about anything you can think of in here.
Winter is coming...

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by gurusql »

Zan

"I will carry the box and scroll when it is ready." Zan says while raising his hand.

Zan picks up the previously mentioned items between Bone's Bows (the sling bullets) and Red Sails General Store (everything else)

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Cassius

Cassius enters Bone's Bows and looks around in awe. He could spend hours in a place like this, admiring the bows and talking shop. He very nearly does so after he shakes Bone's hand and dives right in.

"Well met. I did not imagine such a shop existed outside my dreams." The Archer starts talking shop and the oils used to maintain his bow, what cuts to make on arrows to make them fly true and bite deep. "I thought I well versed in bow care, but I suspect I could learn a great deal from you. Tell me, are you a purist or do you have an interest in more exotic arrows?"

Return to “Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2e)”