Sven and Orgoth: 10'ft pole squires:

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Sven and Orgoth: 10'ft pole squires:

#141 Post by Spearmint »

Oops cross posted. I will read OM post and respond.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by Spearmint »

So the squires don't want us to go with them to see Lord Krothos? I couldn't tell by your update.

I will script your inclusive team visit to Krothos in manse thread

Is there any xp value to be gained from the magic items we found? Or would that go to the individual who claims them? debating best way forward for this. An item sold, money distributed among group. For an item retrieved and retained, the keeper obviously gains any benefit. Maybe fairer then is to divide the item xp value among the others who have no assets from the collective trove. Or person takes item but swerves his share of monetary loot to compensate others.

Sven will gather everyone around as they enter the town. "If Lord Krothos wants us to return to the secret door to investigate the maze for him, I would suggest that we don't mention anything to anyone except him about finding it. At least for now anyway. We don't want someone else to get word of our find and go out to explore it themselves. Right guys?" He makes sure everyone understands and agrees to this before moving on. Agreed

"I will record the events of our journey in due time, and if it is agreeable with everyone, take any extra coins that can't be divided to the town crier so that he may herald our accomplishments and our return to Helix in his daily announcements tomorrow. Does that sound good to everyone? The names of the 5 squires will be remembered in Helix for years to come!" Agreed

I will take a stab at the monetary treasure distribution unless that stuff is up to the DM to allocate? If you see anything off just let me know.

Sven will agree to take the ring, torc, and boots in lieu of a magic item, if that is agreeable to everyone? (more RPing opportunity) Agreed

If the 16,000sp can be easily converted to gp, that makes a total of 807gp/6 shares = 134.5gp each.....or 67gp each for S+O (half share each?)

286sp/6 = 47.6 each....... 24sp for S+O (half share each)

355cp/6 = 59.1 each...... 29cp for S+O (half share each)

That leaves a little over 3gp to give the town crier, if agreeable? Round up to 68gp Sven and Orgoth.

I have no idea if the contents of the jars are worth anything, but Sven will look around for answers on that, unless Orgoth would prefer to take that on?

needs a roleplay decision. Eddy fine with research and future value shared out.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#143 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Awesome! Thanks! And sorry for the cross post. :oops:
Spearmint wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:15 pm Is there any xp value to be gained from the magic items we found? Or would that go to the individual who claims them?
debating best way forward for this. An item sold, money distributed among group. For an item retrieved and retained, the keeper obviously gains any benefit. Maybe fairer then is to divide the item xp value among the others who have no assets from the collective trove. Or person takes item but swerves his share of monetary loot to compensate others.

I will obviously defer to however you decide to do it. I think the easiest approach would be to divy up the xp amongst the entire group, sorta like a finders fee, since the person who gets to keep the item obviously benefits most from getting to use it.

I have no idea if the contents of the jars are worth anything, but Sven will look around for answers on that, unless Orgoth would prefer to take that on?

needs a roleplay decision. Eddy fine with research and future value shared out.

Stand by for a post about this. :D
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by Rex »

I agree with everything so far, looks good. For magic item XP I think its best to divide across the whole group instead of just who ends up with it. With this being pbp, I think xp should be awarded for magic items just do to the slow nature of leveling up.Orgoth buries the poisoned bolts in the moor, he is NG and wouldn't use them.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

Before entering town, Orgoth will make some sort of sheath/scabbard to cover the silver spear head, blackening it up with dirt etc. first. He would use leather if possible but anything else he can including his shirt if need be.

Are we using secondary skills from the DMG?
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#146 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven finally inquires about the contents of the jars.

"Guys! What do we want to do about the pickled body parts we found? I know.....disgusting, right?"

"I understand that discoveries like this are probably beneath the tasks of budding young knights, so if you'd like, I will take them around and try to figure out what they are and if there is any worth to them. Once I know more about them, I will share the information with the rest of you. Unless any of you have concerns about this idea?"

"Come to think of it, I could also ask the town mage if he could repair that bearskin cloak for you as well, Eddy. What do you say?"
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#147 Post by OGRE MAGE »

732xp
68gp
24sp
and 29cp added to sheet.

Great first successful adventure of the campaign Rex and Spearmint!!!
:D
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by Rex »

Agreed, great first adventure!

Sheet updated.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by Spearmint »

Orgoth
Are we using secondary skills from the DMG?
you can have a basic trade skill.

You can cover the spear head with some tarp and a bit of string or a small Hessian sack. If you want a customized leather sheath with Orgoth logo and fancy stitching you can to rp going to the market bazaar and paying a craftsman a couple of gold pieces to make one.

Sven

Thinking on the repairs for the bearskin. A 'Mending' spell might repair non-magical items but the bearskin radiates a faint aura. Perhaps taking it to the elf Valeron who collects the spider silk or Vina the seamstress (wife of miller Hendon) might be a better choice.

I think the issue here is who pays for and who keeps the bearskin cloak. For example if the answer was, the bearskin ( supposing it a cloak of protection +1) needs sewing with intricate spider silk threads and using gold needles under a full moon and will cost 500gp repair fees. Do you then pay that out of the party trove in order to take the bearskin to Ironguard to flog cheaply for $7k gp in a month's time or advise Eddy and let him fund it himself but then he keeps the cloak. (Others get shared xp value). I think that second option is probably the way now as funds are limited.

The amphora can be studied in your room at the tavern or taken to either St Ygg's or Mazzah. Just don't leave town with them.

If you divide the money like that it means no corporate paying the bard to sing your adventure in song or tell your story and no tribute or extra xp reward. For -100gp bard will perform and you gain +50xp. (The squires will be up for this so taking the total gp, 807 - 100 /6 shares gives you both 59gp and +50xp.

(One of you will need to write the story or song that will go in the tributes thread).

I think I will avoid for now allocating xp for recovered and kept magic items. I have other in-game ways to boost xp from roleplaying and world building. Hopefully teams can be sensible with allocating magic and stuff like here, one keeps a spear (traits unknown) while another keeps the jewelry and others get a leg up from squiring.

So going forward:

I will post a manse visit to Krothos.
Sven to script broadcast for town crier and rp in Chapel or Village thread regarding amphora

I will try to get private forums up if that helps.

One of you to write story or song for bard.

Any other business.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#150 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I am okay with Eddy keeping the cloak and paying for repairs himself. There is no perfect way to split up the spoils, so I won't complain either way.

If the squires are up for everyone paying the bard, I will go along with less gold and bonus xp as well.

Private thread will definitely help.

I will try to put a song together while you watch expensive horses run around in an oval. :mrgreen:

The only other thing I can think of is a new thread for speaking with the wizard.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by Spearmint »

Great I will summarise and lock the topic.

Squires take their knight shields, Eddy keeps the bearskin and will pay any repair cost.

Orgoth takes the crossbow stuff and a spear with unknown traits.

Sven takes the opal ring, silver torc and 'keen-edge' sheath boots.

Krothos takes the Sceptre.

The amphora are subject to further study.

The town crier heralds your return and the bard sings your adventure.

You each take 59gp 24sp, 29cp and 782xp or 855xp.

Everyone happy that they survived. The squires party at the Strumpet.

Return to “Completed Expeditions”