#122 Post by saalaria »

Varkos, having taken some coins will attack but I think the roller is broken :

Longsword [1d20+3] = 0+3 = 3 Dam [1d8+5] = 0+5 = 5
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 9

#123 Post by Argennian »

saalaria wrote:Varkos, having taken some coins will attack but I think the roller is broken :

OOC: Ron's call ultimately there but I'd roll that attack again, Sam
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#124 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:
saalaria wrote:Varkos, having taken some coins will attack but I think the roller is broken :

OOC: Ron's call ultimately there but I'd roll that attack again, Sam
It's obviously a dice roller bug; I wouldn't say there is even a question of allowing him to roll it again...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by saalaria »

Hmm - its working but no better from POV!

Varkos steps up and swings at the foul abominations:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 5+3 = 8 Dam [1d8+5] = 6+5 = 11

For attack 2:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 8+3 = 11 Dam [1d8+5] = 4+5 = 9

:shock:
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#126 Post by saalaria »

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 6:42 a
Round 1

With the anticlimax of Illhalevar’s command, everyone prepares for attack as the scarecrows, everyone is use to their slow deliberate movements, move to attack. The torchlight wobbles on the cave walls as everyone waits for the scarecrows to move forward and engage.
Illhalevar looks for an opportunity to get behind the creatures, but there isn’t one as Odo and Al’Zur are plastered against the passage walls against any nook and cranny of a shadow they can find. Unfortunately the creatures seem to mark them and don’t move past that point. [1d100] = 79 [1d100] = 93
But lucky for the thieves, the weapons are ready and Rake is first to the front, followed by the Ranger with his axe and a battle “whoop!”, both warriors hit one of the scarecrows! Brown leafy hide falling to the ground from the wounds.

The passage is just wide enough for Varkos to step up in between the other fighters and into the stream to attack. Not used to the wet footing, he doesn’t feel his attacks are as good as can be, and yet he is able to make contact! Unhappy as he is with his aim, his strength carries his stroke through the greenish brown skin of the creature and more leaf cuttings fall to the ground.
From the second rank Zafalia attempts an unsuccessful attack with her spear and Illhalevar lands a good blow with the fungal staff on the same creature Varkos hurt.

Wulfgard attempts an attack, but his concern with his lamp thwarts him [1d20] = 3. He is also in second rank and his weapon isn't so helpful there.

The creatures meanwhile attack the party. Because of the onrush of attacks in front of them, they attack the fighters in front of them as opposed to the thieves next to them. The first one attacks the Ranger with his roundhouse punches, the first punch connecting for 6 HPs of damage, but the second (in an attempt to engulf the Ranger) misses it’s attack. The next one attacks Varkos missing horribly on both arms! Finally Rake is attacked with the same result as the Ranger, the first attack hits, but the second is unable to connect. But for Rake the first punch is but a glancing blow for 1 HP of damage, which is lucky considering he was down to 3 HPs already.

Varkos finishes off the round by finishing off the creature that missed him! After slicing it through with his sword, his opponent falls to the ground in a pile of leaves and branches, that start to slowly float, bit by bit, down the stream.

Heading into Round 2, now there are only two scarecrow creatures. Varkos still can roll two attacks (the second will occur at the end of the round) while using his Long Sword. Wulfgard still has his lamp going, and Zafalia and SoT both have torches going but are losing their shield protection. Let me know if you are getting rid of those torches somehow.
Everyone please declare actions and make the corresponding rolls for those actions! Al’Zur and Odo can attack this round, but won’t get the benefit of a thiefly backstab but do get a +2 to hit the creatures from behind (well, behind and to the side).

HPs: Varkos - 14/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 11/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 2/6
WIH: Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): Odo; Zafalia; Rake; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 48 minutes OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 57 minutes (SoT), 40' radius; lamp 58 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 57 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-2/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#128 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevarattempts another attack with her quarterstaff from the second rank, but is unable to connect...

Melee Attack, Quarterstaff [1d20] = 7

"Wulfgard, Rake looks to be badly hurt. Can you heal him?"
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by tkrexx »

The blow the Ranger delivered to the Weed-Weird was returned with equal vigor! This outrage will not go unanswered!

To hit: [1d20-1] = 18-1 = 17, damage with hand axe, non-proficient: [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6

SoT will not drop his torch at this point, someone my trip over it. 6 hp marked off.
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#131 Post by Vargr1105 »

Alethan wrote:"Wulfgard, Rake looks to be badly hurt. Can you heal him?"
"Yeah, that would kind of be helpful..." Rake says as he attacks.

To hit with long sword: [1d20] = 16, damage (s/m): [1d8] = 5, damage (L): [1d12] = 12
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#132 Post by saalaria »

looks like a good round for everyone so far...

Varkos attacks again feeling renewed vigour from his first round success:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 14+3 = 17 Dam [1d8+5] = 5+5 = 10

And does considerable damage to his foes

Longsword [1d20+3] = 1+3 = 4 Dam [1d8+5] = 3+5 = 8
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#133 Post by Distorted Humor »

"die you leaf eating fish smelling scum"

[1d20] = 17

[1d6] = 5

Odo is shocked he hit! :o
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 6:43 a
Round 2

Ilhalevar wrote:"Wulfgard, Rake looks to be badly hurt. Can you heal him?"

Wulfgard looks up, and moves toward Rake praying as his hand glows blue. He touches Rakes should as Rake slashes his sword. [1d8] = 5, full hit points restored to Rake. er, also I did find the other blue potion! he holds up the potion that he had previously said he didn’t have.

Rake, Son of Thunder, and Varkos don’t slow their attacks. Swords and axe flashing in the wavering torch light. Between the three of them they manage to land blows that unsteady and push back the two remaining scarecrows. Ilhalevar tries her staff to no avail. Then out of the shadows (in which they weren’t effectively hidden) Odo and Al’Zur attack the backs of the scarecrows, finishing off the leafy enemies.

It is at this point Ilhalevar’s fungal staff, poking out between Rake and Varkos, goes limp. The staff is back to its original consistency, a weapon no longer.

That’s the end of the combat. The area is quiet and movement free, except for the flowing stream in which Varkos stands.
Thinking I should put out a call for someone to take over Wulfgard... again. :)

HPs: Varkos - 14/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 11/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): Odo; Zafalia; Rake; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 48 minutes OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 56 minutes (SoT), 40' radius; lamp 57 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 56 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-3/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#135 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar looks down at the fungal object she thought was a quarterstaff with wonder.

"Amazing! So I suppose it would be easy to pass this off as not-a-weapon if I needed to... But I wonder how it knows when to be a weapon and when not to be..."

For the time being, she holds the item in her hand (as opposed to tying it around her waist like it was a belt). She wonders if it can sense hostility towards its owner or if it is something to do with the way she holds it...
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#136 Post by saalaria »

Ron the big overall map doesn't appear to be in the map thread - is that right? Could you put it in there? Thanks
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by rredmond »

Will do Sam.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by rredmond »

Overview map here:
viewtopic.php?p=51824#p51824
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#139 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo says

"I think we should go to the waterfall, what do you say folks" as he double checks the crows for treasure.
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#140 Post by saalaria »

Which one DH? I believe there could be more than one from what we've heard - possibly 3: one in each onward passage

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”