IC - UtVoV - Killing Kiddaw

tibbius
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: IC - UtVoV

#121 Post by tibbius »

Kiddaw "Someone ..." a shaky breath "has been talking too much. Yes, I'm a Friend. I have no wish to extricate myself." He looks at you both with a worried expression. Says no more.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Urson »

Chones
Chones looks puzzled. F, it sounds like we got lied to from the get-go... Unless Mr. Kiddaw here is afraid of being overheard...

Chones studies Kiddaw's face, looking for any clues about Kiddaw's actual state of mind.

I'm not sure which will apply here, so I'll do both.

Psyche: 12 [1d20]=8+1

Ego:18 [1d20]=20+6
FA FO
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Pulpatoon »

Fingers crossed for Ego!
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#124 Post by tibbius »

Kiddaw appears tense and frightened. He sits in a kind of panicked stillness, as if he's waiting for the next bad thing to happen. His emotional turmoil is so blatant that it demands your full attention. Yet he's silent, just looking at you both with a kind of blank, shocked expression.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret: "You have twice now ignored my inquiry as to whether you would prefer we have this conversation in private, but for prudence's sake, I ask one more time. Shall we discuss the details of your present and future involvement with the Friends of Jak here or elsewhere?"

The synth describes the individuals they are looking for and says, "How might we locate these individuals?"
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#126 Post by tibbius »

Kiddaw scrutinizes F and their big shiny liquid pistol, he swallows nervously, he shakes his head. "The Friends operate in cells," he replies, "they're not in my cell, I don't know." He looks over Chones shoulder and suddenly grins.

F, C, roll Psyche for surprise. Target is 12 (2 HD opponents).
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret
Psyche: [1d20+3]=10+3=13
Skin of my teeth!
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Urson »

Chones
Sorry for the delay- weird weekend!
[1d20]=12+1
FA FO
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#129 Post by tibbius »

Kiddaw's big grin tips you off, and Chones turns in his seat so that the muzzle of the pistol behind him slips off the side of his head and he has an opportunity ...

to do what?

There are two gnarly-looking cacogens behind you, both have pistols, they look startled that they haven't totally gotten the drop of you.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Urson »

Chones
URV is caught by surprise also, and flaps away somewhere. Chones drops his head, ramming his horns into the guts of the nearer gunman. (He has the horns of a Bighorn sheep, so it's a solid blunt-force impact.)
FA FO
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#131 Post by tibbius »

They weren't expecting this!

Chones leaps over the back of the booth, knocking one of the two gunmen sprawling.

Meanwhile, Foulqueret spins around to level his big gun at the other pistol-packing pete.

Kiddaw lunges out of the booth, going for the gun that his big buddy dropped on the floor. That guy, meanwhile, is getting up from his table with a nasty smile.

It's three-on-two, but the guns are evenly matched right now.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret, keeping the mercury revolver leveled at his target, says to Chones, "Despite his claims of ignorance, Kiddaw remains our best source of information. Is there a compelling reason to leave these other meat puppets alive?"
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Urson »

Chones
Nope.

URV rights itself, then launches to Kiddaw's head, gripping his skull with steel claws.
FA FO
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret: "Right, let's show them the color of their insides."

Mercury Revolver: [1d20+3]=16+3=19, dmg: [1d8]=2
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#135 Post by tibbius »

Urson wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:51 pm Chones
Nope.

URV rights itself, then launches to Kiddaw's head, gripping his skull with steel claws.
Please roll an attack for URV (1d20+2)

Foulqueret wings the guy holding the gun. He grunts and squeezes his trigger, but his aim has been thrown off and the blast of the pistol merely shatters the glass of the wood-and-brass trophy case on the far wall.

Kiddaw's status depends on URV's attack roll

The big guy across the room scoops up his pistol.

The guy whom Chones knocked down tries to strangle the horny cacogen.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Urson »

Chones
[1d20]=20+2

Uh-oh! Chones was at 4 hp. He's unconcious or dead...
FA FO
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#137 Post by tibbius »

Urson wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:29 pm Chones
[1d20]=20+2

Uh-oh! Chones was at 4 hp. He's unconcious or dead...
Foulqueret has no time for assessing Chones' possible condition
- he must act, or be shot! He swivels his eye stalks to cover a bit more than 180 degrees, keeping everyone in sight.

URV screeches and clenches Kiddaw's head.The true-kin shrieks and spasms, feebly clawing at the raptor's talons.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret attempts to return fire while moving over to help Chones, but ends up dividing their attention and failing at both.

Mercury Revolver: [1d20+3]=1+3=4, dmg: [1d8]=1
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#139 Post by tibbius »

Pulpatoon wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:35 pm Foulqueret attempts to return fire while moving over to help Chones
F dives off the table, over the back of the bench, and tries to pistol-whip the goon who's choking Chones out. The little synth sadly fails to be effectual.

Both the gunmen shoot at Foulqueret.

Both miss, respectively splintering the bench of the booth where Chones had been sitting, and putting a ringing dent and hole into a tarnished bowling trophy.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret kicks the bench over and uses it as cover from which to fire at one of the pistol boys.

Mercury Revolver: [1d20+3]=1+3=4, dmg: [1d8]=1

oh dear.

Return to “Under the Vaults of Vaarn (UtVoV)”