Character Generation Discussion

jemmus
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Generation Discussion

#121 Post by Marullus »

Oh. I just meant about the name. Open the spoiler tag above. :D

As for optimization, I went through everything today. I chose to focus on the kusari which does long range trips - everything in jujitsu is short range. The tonfa has special rules and looked fun, so that's my biggest focus. There's a weakness without shuriken-jutsu, as he doesn't have range.

Future focus is on getting shrunken, raising jujutsu, and then topping things off to 99 to get Ki - Budoka focus more on Ki powers than anyone but the ninja.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Generation Discussion

#122 Post by jemmus »

Oh, got it. :) RL tonfa are amazing weapons, if you check out some videos. They armor the inner forearms, which are active defense areas that get painfully bruised a lot in karate. But not if you've got tonfa. You've got hardwood over your forearms, and that increases confidence, which increases all other kinds of good things. And the ends of them project about a couple of inches beyond the fist. Another bonus. You don't really plan for that, and the opponent doesn't naturally do that either. They're instinctively watching what your hand do and forget to account for those couple of inches beyond the edge of the fist.

Finally, tonfa are narrower than fists. So they focus a lot more foot-lbs kinetic area into the strike area. Which means more surface force and penetrating kinetic energy. Brutal. The Okinawan farmers were crafty. When the samurai took away all of their weapons, they developed jutsu techniques for their farm implements. "No weapons here. Just this for prodding my ox along when I'm plowing. And this chain for pulling stumps. And this kama for harvesting rice. Well, I do have five of those. One for me, one for the wife, one for my oldest daughter, one for grandma, and one for grandpa. I need another for my son-in-law. If you could reduce my tax a little or provide me with one, that would be helpful. They're very cheap, you know."
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Return to “Honor or Death (FGU Bushido)”