Expedition: Bianca to the North Woods - 03 Aug 2021

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Expedition: Bianca to the North Woods - 03 Aug 2021

#101 Post by Alethan »

If the bearbug on Bianca still appears alive, Willow strikes at brains it with her mace...

Mace THAC019 [1d20] = 20 Damage [1d6] = 1

If that is not necessary, she tries to lay a hand on her so she can administer a healing touch...

Casts CLW on Bianca [1d6] = 1
*sigh*
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Winnie feels the fool for ensnaring her friend with the creature. Seeing Willow (and perhaps Clint) strike at the creature, she stays away, knowing she's likely to be hit because they cannot see her. She readies a healing potion and her dagger for when it is safe to get closer.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Marullus »

From earlier in the thread:
Anyone encountering it unexpectedly or wading into melee against a trapped foe gets a save vs paralyzation to get trapped.
Seeing the creature is hopelessly ensnared (at least for a few rounds), Clint turns to face the now-charging largest creature which is coming at him. The Bugbear comes at him with a chittering roar - until Clint's heavy blow splits it's skull as well, (-10) dropping it among its companions at his feet.

Winnie backs off as the Bugbear struggles in her webbing. Willow, however, steps forward and brains it with her mace (critical: Max damage, -6). Its skull collapses inward and it shudders to a stop, but her mace is stuck fast in the sticky strands (effect: lost save).

All four creatures out for the count, the forest falls still. Clint stands triumphant over a pile of creatures as he protected the ladies of the group.

Willow has to keep the mace as her first roll, but as a natural 20, finishes the job. Re-roll healing on the correct round.

Date: 04 August 2021, 6:49pm
Distance: ~11 miles
Effects: Invisibility (Winnie) Webbing on Bugbear and Bianca.
Injuries: Bianca (near death, unconscious), Grizzly Woman (minor wound), Halla (minor wound), Huckleberry (minor wound), Willow (minor wound)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I almost had another mishap with the dice roller when I went to check out Winnie's character sheet. I almost deleted her sheet. :o Luckily it asks if you're sure.

Anyhow, I'm guessing the webbing is a permanent conjuration, not something to be dispelled by the willworker. If that is not correct, Winnie will dispel the webbing now.

Winnie will use use drops of oil to lubricate (and re0lubricate) her dagger as she carefully slices the webbing, freeing Bianca from the bug-bear. Careful of my blade, Willow. I'd hate to accidentally cut you, but I don't think Bianca will enjoy waking up tethered to this... thing.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#105 Post by Alethan »

With the threats removed, Willow tends to Bianca's wounds...

Casts CLW on Bianca [1d6] = 2

*sigh* Well... it's double the last attempt!

She casts her spell again...

Casts CLW on Bianca [1d6] = 3

(removed CLW x2 from spell list)
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#106 Post by Alethan »

As soon as Bianca is tended to, Willow retrieves her mace and bends to examine the bearbug to see if there is anything of value on the creature or if it might have some intrinsic value itself.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Zhym »

Clint Brockhammer stands over the corpses of his vanquished foes. Momma told him it wasn't nice to brag, so he doesn't. He just stands there with a look of happy pride, like a dog who just did a trick and is waiting for his reward.
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Starbeard »

The Grizzly Woman

"Well that was a boon after all. Just after those other critters got into our food now here are a few to replace our missing vittles."

She takes her Good Knife and quickly sets to skinning and carving one of the flying bears, tossing a large piece to Huckleberry and the rest into her empty large sack. "I will smoke these when we get to camp."
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

i believe we're waiting on Marullus, but since he posted elsewhere that he was away with his family, then Easter, we just need to be patient. Especially since now he likely needs to catch up on work before updating the game.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Zhym »

Maybe he is waiting for everyone to praise Clint for his bravery and swordsmanship before moving on. :D
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#112 Post by Alethan »

Zhym wrote:Maybe he is waiting for everyone to praise Clint for his bravery and swordsmanship before moving on. :D
Willow is too busy trying to put a Band-aid on Bianca's gushing head wound...
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Marullus »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:i believe we're waiting on Marullus, but since he posted elsewhere that he was away with his family, then Easter, we just need to be patient. Especially since now he likely needs to catch up on work before updating the game.
This. Thanks. :)

Winnie cuts Bianca free from the webbing while Willow calls upon healing powers of Beith. Fresh flowers and grasses spring up around the fallen elf and burst into bloom and the wounds of the bugbear seal shut. Bianca awakens, no more injured than when the attack began, and regains her feet.

Clint Brockhammer stands over the corpses of his vanquished foes with a look of happy pride. Grizzly begins butchering the creatures with some skill, while Halla and Willow look over her shoulder to determine parts of importance or value. The internal morphology of the creatures is very strange once one gets past their hard but partially furred carapace. Inside there are spinnerets and large glands that look to be full of extruded coils of copper wire. The spinnerets and wings likely are of value alchemically, Bianca and Winnie confirm. To Grizzly Woman's dismay, there's little meat to be found in the thorax where she expects it. She gets some good haunches off the rear bear-legs, though.

Date: 04 August 2021, 7:00pm
Distance: ~11 miles
Effects: Webbing on Bugbear and Bianca.
Injuries: Grizzly Woman (minor wound), Halla (minor wound), Huckleberry (minor wound), Bianca (minor wound), Willow (minor wound)
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Bianca feels invisible arms wrap around her.Do you think that's the first death? I sure hope so because I don't think I can take many more, she whispers.

She thanks each party member in turn for their fast actions, and then gives Clint an attaboy for dispatching so many of the creatures. She helps the Grizzly Woman load the valuable parts onto Daystar. She wonders if there is much of anything of value this far into the primeval forest.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Bluehorse »

Bianca

The elf comes to slowly and groans, holding her head and stomach as she is pulled away from her killer. She coughs a little and wobbles to her feet with aid from her invisible sister. I hope so, too... Next time, I'll be invisible and you wrestle the bear. She tries to joke as she shakes off the coils of death from herself, feeling cold and just... wrong. She looks over at the cleric that brought her back. Thank you, sister Willow. Many bright blessings upon you. You as well, Clint. I'm afraid I was out already, but judging by the muck on your sword, I am sure you had a hand in keeping that beast from making me lunch.

Questions:

How many HP am I at? I feel like I missed something in all this at some point and I have lost track.

Clint, how much does your backpack weigh minus rations so far?

Speaking of which, did I understand correctly that the honey we found earlier was 1 ration's worth?

How much does the BugBear meat weigh and how many rations does it equal?

Bianca looks around and checks everyone, quickly and thankfully finding that she seemed to take the worst of it. She thanks each in turn and helps where she can with bringing things back to order. Once everything is gathered and loaded, she looks around to each in turn. Is everyone ready to continue on?
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I'm ready, but I wonder if anyone wants to become invisible and try scouitng ahead so we aren't caught off guard again. The only issue I see is that, should something happen, we would be unable to find you and help.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Bluehorse »

Bianca

Nods. I can do this. I seem to have an easier time moving through the brush than the rest of you. She looks to Winnie... well, where she thinks Winnie is. Can you or someone else handle Daystar?
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Marullus »

Bluehorse wrote:Speaking of which, did I understand correctly that the honey we found earlier was 1 ration's worth?
Correct.
Bluehorse wrote:How much does the BugBear meat weigh and how many rations does it equal?
Once Grizzly Woman properly butchers the bear-thighs, they'll yield about six lbs each, so 24 lbs and 24 man-days rations (still uncooked).
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Unless someone objects:
Winnie weaves her hands, humming a simple, yet elegant melody. A faint sound of laughter passes by on a breeze as Bianca disappears from sight. She offers to swap staffs with Bianca, pointing out that her own staff, Glimmer, has an azurite with Continual Light set on it. You can use it to signal to us which direction you are leading us.

That can extend this trek by 3 more days, allowing us to scout even more hexes. :) Go Grizzly Woman!
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Bluehorse »

Bianca

Hands over her staff to Winnie. Winnie will suddenly feel her natural magical shield strengthened slightly. She feels over Winnie's staff and is surprised to realize how different it feels in her hands than her own staff. Bianca nods, then remembers that they cannot see her gesture. Okay, I will scout ahead several yards. I will leave a mark on the tree every 10 yards or so, look for a dob of dirt pressed into the bark about shoulder height. That being said she moved forward into the undergrowth and seems to disappear leaving no other trace of having been there, melding into nature seamlessly.
Day 6 is a bit of a stretch, but I thought we may either skirt into the hex enough to have traveled through it, or make a slightly less thorough search through that section to make for camp. Of course, this is assuming nothing goes wrong ;)
ExploreDaWoods3.jpg
ExploreDaWoods3.jpg (24.76 KiB) Viewed 359 times

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”