Out Of Character Friendly Banter And Casual Conversation

Nidhogg
Scout
Scout

Re: Out Of Character Friendly Banter And Casual Conversation

#101 Post by Nidhogg »

Okay, I think we've waited long enough. (A bit longer than I expected, due to me not being able to go online for 1-2 days).

Hope everyone is still here. I'll make the rolls and post an update. Now, for future combat rounds, would it speed things up if we could agree on say, 3-4 days to post rolls and make a turn? That way, turns won't last an entire week (or two). 8-)
Nidhogg
Scout
Scout

#102 Post by Nidhogg »

Ok, I guess things could have gone worse? You managed to kill 2 of the hobgoblins, out of the 8.

At my "spot" in the world it is now saturday afternoon. Giving everyone 3 days, would mean next turn starts on tuesday evening. If you guys want me to post the turns for the hobgoblins first, I could post them on monday morning. If people won't be able to post, I think it's best if one of the players posts for them, since they know what strategy you guys are planning.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by onlyme »

As long as Clarissa has a clear shot, not much time for strategy needed.

I like the Monday night posting deadline. It gives time for Qs and strategy and real life...

Oh, and does Clarissa need to teach y'all how to roll good numbers? ;).

Better get those in before luck changes...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#104 Post by zebediah »

Sergius suggests that the rest of the group all go have a cup of coffee while Lady Clarissa wipes the floor with the hobgoblins...

:lol:
ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#105 Post by ragnboneshopper »

zebediah wrote:Sergius suggests that the rest of the group all go have a cup of coffee while Lady Clarissa wipes the floor with the hobgoblins...

Hear, hear! Just keep that bow aimed at the hobs, Clarissa! :shock:
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by onlyme »

ragnboneshopper wrote:
zebediah wrote:Sergius suggests that the rest of the group all go have a cup of coffee while Lady Clarissa wipes the floor with the hobgoblins...

Hear, hear! Just keep that bow aimed at the hobs, Clarissa! :shock:
She only has 12 arrows left, so she cant afford to shoot too many elves or humans.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#107 Post by ragnboneshopper »

I thought I saw someone had posted yesterday (@onlyme?), but I was too wiped last night to answer. Don't see it now. Anyway, is it just a busy time of year for a lot of us? I teach college English, so it is an increasingly busy time for me. That said, how can we keep the game moving? I think it was mentioned earlier that the DM might step in to NPC a character whose player was AWOL...? As long as the player is OK with it?
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by onlyme »

ragnboneshopper wrote:I thought I saw someone had posted yesterday (@onlyme?), but I was too wiped last night to answer. Don't see it now. Anyway, is it just a busy time of year for a lot of us? I teach college English, so it is an increasingly busy time for me. That said, how can we keep the game moving? I think it was mentioned earlier that the DM might step in to NPC a character whose player was AWOL...? As long as the player is OK with it?
It was me, but I wasnt sure if it came across as too whiny once I sobered up this am. (business trips have that effect :o )

Anyway, I agree that the best approach is to have set deadlines so that folks arent constantly checking for the next update.

We may have lost Double-Edged. He hadnt visited since the 3rd.

Nidhogg
Scout
Scout

#109 Post by Nidhogg »

ragnboneshopper wrote:I thought I saw someone had posted yesterday (@onlyme?), but I was too wiped last night to answer. Don't see it now. Anyway, is it just a busy time of year for a lot of us? I teach college English, so it is an increasingly busy time for me. That said, how can we keep the game moving? I think it was mentioned earlier that the DM might step in to NPC a character whose player was AWOL...? As long as the player is OK with it?
Well, it's an incredibly busy time for me as well, however, all of that should end this evening.

At this point, only Vargr1105 and Double-edged haven't posted yet. I'm comfortable with NPC'ing them, but maybe it would be better if one of te players posted for them? Since I don't know if you guys have a strategy or anything.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by onlyme »

Nidhogg wrote:
Well, it's an incredibly busy time for me as well, however, all of that should end this evening.

At this point, only Vargr1105 and Double-edged haven't posted yet. I'm comfortable with NPC'ing them, but maybe it would be better if one of te players posted for them? Since I don't know if you guys have a strategy or anything.

I would think it best if the DM npc'd them. We could send you an email stating any specific strategy if it existed for a given round. And for this one, there really wasnt. I think Ragnor and Yoan were both in melee, so I would assume they would continue.

You may also want to PM Vagr1105. He has posted since the round opened, but may have not realized we were on a new round...

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#111 Post by Vargr1105 »

Ops...I knew I had forgotten to update something. Apologies and sorted.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by onlyme »

Vargr1105 wrote:Ops...I knew I had forgotten to update something. Apologies and sorted.

I am sorry, but I cannot accept your apology if you keep rolling 14s or lower. Unless that hits, and in that case, no worries...all is forgiven.

And Mr DM... Unless you have heard from Double Edge, I vote that you npc his character. I know you are delaying in an attempt to cool off Clarissa's lucky rolls...

rfrahm87
Strider
Strider

#113 Post by rfrahm87 »

Vargr1105 wrote:And Mr DM... Unless you have heard from Double Edge, I vote that you npc his character. I know you are delaying in an attempt to cool off Clarissa's lucky rolls...
I'm afraid we have lost Double-Edge. He's an old friend of mine and I think he's turned his attention elsewhere. My vote goes to the DM playing him as an NPC. He can always jump back in if he gets the time.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by onlyme »

rfrahm87 wrote:
Vargr1105 wrote:And Mr DM... Unless you have heard from Double Edge, I vote that you npc his character. I know you are delaying in an attempt to cool off Clarissa's lucky rolls...
I'm afraid we have lost Double-Edge. He's an old friend of mine and I think he's turned his attention elsewhere. My vote goes to the DM playing him as an NPC. He can always jump back in if he gets the time.

That stinks, but better to hear from a friend than keep wondering...

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by onlyme »

Nidhogg wrote: Well, it's an incredibly busy time for me as well, however, all of that should end this evening.

I hope this week has just been busy as well. I really like this character, and the potential this campaign has...

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#116 Post by ragnboneshopper »

onlyme wrote:
Nidhogg wrote: Well, it's an incredibly busy time for me as well, however, all of that should end this evening.

I hope this week has just been busy as well. I really like this character, and the potential this campaign has...
Yes, me too. Are you out there, Nidhogg? I hope you and everyone are ok. If there's a future date when things should let up and we can start playing again, would be great to know...
"I must lie down where all the ladders start / In the foul rag and bone shop of the heart." —W. B. Yeats, "The Circus Animals' Desertion"

Geert Harfoot, Level 1 Halfling, Spartakos's Borderlands of Lamora Game
Brother Constantine, Level 3 Half-Elf Cleric/Magic-User, Spartakos's Play by Board Game
Former Unseen Servant DM, UK5 Eye of the Serpent
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by onlyme »

ragnboneshopper wrote:
onlyme wrote:

Yes, me too. Are you out there, Nidhogg? I hope you and everyone are ok. If there's a future date when things should let up and we can start playing again, would be great to know...

As I mentioned last week, I really hope this is a temp setback... I have attempted to play 5 games so far.
1st one fizzled during the first battle.
2nd one fizzled before 1st battle.
3rd one has been on life support, though showing signs of life.
4th one (this one) may be fizzled.
5th one hasnt started yet.

Of all of them, I think Lady Clarissa would have been the most interesting character to continue longterm...

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#118 Post by ragnboneshopper »

onlyme wrote:As I mentioned last week, I really hope this is a temp setback... I have attempted to play 5 games so far.
1st one fizzled during the first battle.
2nd one fizzled before 1st battle.
3rd one has been on life support, though showing signs of life.
4th one (this one) may be fizzled.
5th one hasnt started yet.

Of all of them, I think Lady Clarissa would have been the most interesting character to continue longterm...
That sucks. I'm guessing this is a really busy time for a lot of folks, but that's a string of bad luck indeed. And Clarissa was rolling right along, too.

I've just added a game, myself. Just happened along at the right time. But at least I'm getting to play some old school. Have had trouble finding local ftf games other than pathfinder and really don't have the time for 3+ hour ftf sessions. I DM for my kids, but haven't had the time for that either in several weeks. Busy!

And now back to grading papers after a weekend of copy editing... :shock:
"I must lie down where all the ladders start / In the foul rag and bone shop of the heart." —W. B. Yeats, "The Circus Animals' Desertion"

Brother Constantine, Level 3 Half-Elf Cleric/Magic-User, Spartakos's Play by Board Game
zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#119 Post by zebediah »

Last time Nidhogg visited the forums was 12 days ago. RL is probably keeping him away, hopefully we can be back on track before the end of the month.
ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#120 Post by ragnboneshopper »

That would be super. I imagine these little hiccups happen. Thanks, zeb!

Return to “The Elf Campaign”