Action Thread 9

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Action Thread 9

#101 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard attempts to bash the spider closest to him:

To hit [1d20] = 4, damage with mace [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2 (sm/m opponent)

instead, he nearly bashes one of his own feet! :roll:
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – late morning
Round 1 – Where are the spiders!

Just realized something, these creatures are less than 1HD. This means, as per the Fighting the Unskilled rule, that in melee Jeloon, Derek, and Yosef get #attacks equal to their level. So once Yosef draws his sword, he'll get 3 attacks every round. There's no specific rule on how Specialization affects this, but you still should get something for specialization. So when using their Long Swords against less than 1HD creatures we'll say Jeloon and Derek get 6/4 attacks. So odd numbered rounds you'll get 3 at the beginning and three at the end, even numbers would be 2 at the beginning and 2 at the end putting you outside of initiative. So Derek and Jeloon get 4 more attacks to finish this round. Sounds like a lot, but seems fair - never used this rule in a PbP before, should be interesting. Also, just for reference, Jeloon and Derek only need a 9 to hit. Doesn't matter thus far, but might.

Spiders' initiative is [1d6] = 6

Jeloon and Derek quickly realize that, though scary and fanged, these spiders are smaller and not as quick as their fighter reflexes. Unfortunately Jeloon's first two attacks are misses. But Derek is able to connect for one of his attacks. He stabs a spider pinning it to the floor and watches for a fraction of a second while it's legs twitch and stop moving. There are still 2 spiders in the tower for them to deal with.

I rolled the spiders and will resolve there attacks even though this round isn't technically over because of their poor rolls.
The spiders though, with hunter like reflexes, attack before the rest of the party can. Unfortunately they are not so good against the party's defenses and only one spider is able to hit the cleric. For a mere [1d3] = 1hp of damage. But Bruard feels venom enter his system, and his muscles start to seize up. Please have Bruard make a save vs poison, you get a bonus of +4 to the roll though. As he fights off the poison, he is dismayed to see another spider come out of the other tower and take a look at what's going on.

Bruard unless he is paralyzed misses his opponent as does Till. But Yosef is able to get off his spell, blasting liquified spider all over the outside wall of this tower.

Okay, Jeloon and Derek get four more attacks to end Round 1 :shock: and Bruard owes me a Save vs. Poison. Then we'll re-roll initiative and move forward into Round 2. Round 2 Derek and Jeloon will attack 2x at the beginning of the round, and 2 times at the end. Yosef, if he draws his sword, will attack once at the beginning, once in the middle, and once at the end; if he uses any magic, then only one attack.

HPs: Jeloon - 24/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 18/19; Derek - 36/40
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Derek; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 31 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch (59 minutes), 40' radius; Torch (59 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-4/5, 2-4/4
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#103 Post by Vokarius »

[1d20+2] = 20+2 = 22
[1d20+2] = 10+2 = 12
[1d20+2] = 14+2 = 16
[1d20+2] = 2+2 = 4

"DIE!DIE!DIE!" screams Derek "I FREAKING HATE SPIDERS!!!"

[1d8+4] = 3+4 = 7
[1d8+4] = 4+4 = 8
and
[1d8+4] = 6+4 = 10

I do not know if the 12 hits or not, but I rolled damage for it anyway
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – late morning
Round 2 – Spider sushi!

The others watch in awe as Jeloon and Derek rush out of the tower with just the smallest bits of spider all over them. Other than a spare leg or two, there isn't much left bigger than a gold piece of the three spiders in the tower.

It looks like there will be one more melee before spiders (as another couple pop out) arrive from the other tower.

Bruard needs to make a Save vs. Poison. Someone can roll initiative for Round 2. Everyone gets attacks, Derek and Jeloon will attack 2x at the beginning of the round, and 2 times at the end. Yosef, if he draws his sword, will attack once at the beginning, once in the middle, and once at the end; if he uses any magic, then only one attack.

WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Derek; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 31 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch (59 minutes), 40' radius; Torch (59 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-1/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-4/5, 2-4/4
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#106 Post by Alethan »

Initiative [1d6] = 6

Hey, look at that... luck is changing! :)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#108 Post by ToniXX »

Save vs. poison:

Saving throw: [1d20] = 8

with +4 that gives me 12 which should save. (Needed a 9)

whew!
Sorry, I was AFK for a while.
Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#109 Post by Vokarius »

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#110 Post by Alethan »

Till rushes at a spider and swings at it with his shining new sword...

To Hit, Short Sword +1 [1d20+1] = 11+1 = 12

If that hits...
Damage, Short Sword +1 (Small/Medium) [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Argennian »

After firing off his magic missile spell, Yosef quickly draws his longsword and moves forward to attack the closest remaining spider. The elf will continue to attack with his longsword in melee until the spider(s) are dispatched.

Yosef's 1st To Hit roll vs spider:
[1d20+1] = 18+1 = 19 (hits AC-1)

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3068

Damage vs spider:
[1d8] = 1

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3069

Yosef's 2nd To Hit roll (middle of round, if needed?) vs spider (same one if still alive):
[1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8 (hits AC10)

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3070

(assuming that was a horrible miss...)

Yosef's 3rd To Hit roll (end of round, if needed?) vs spider:
[1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3071

(rubbish!!)

OOC: Although I hadn't stated so in my previous post, Yosef had actually planned on drawing his longsword and engaging after firing off that magic missile spell. He'll continue to fight with his sword, albeit hopefully with better success! :o
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#112 Post by Vokarius »

3rd hit: [1d20+2] = 12+2 = 14
and
4th: [1d20+2] = 7+2 = 9

Damage for the one that likely hit: [1d8+4] = 7+4 = 11
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#113 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote: Bruard needs to make a Save vs. Poison. Someone can roll initiative for Round 2. Everyone gets attacks, Derek and Jeloon will attack 2x at the beginning of the round, and 2 times at the end. Yosef, if he draws his sword, will attack once at the beginning, once in the middle, and once at the end; if he uses any magic, then only one attack.
Looks like Bruard has rolled his save and everyone but Bruard has rolled their attack (at least initial; Migellito should get two more at the end of the round) for this round...
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – late morning
Round 2 – Spider sushi!

Sorry for the late entry, gents. Round 2 resolved.

Bruard feels movement back into his muscles as he is able to shake off the paralytic effect of the spider's venom.

As their blades going snicker-snack, Derek misses, but Jeloon is able to put another spider out of it's misery. While Yosef is able to damage the last spider of this tower.

Spider's initiative [1d6] = 4

The last lonely spider recuperates from the attack, though Yosef and Till add attacks of their own. Yosef isn't able to attack this round. Though Till get's off a good hit that finishes off the spider. There is a momentary breather before, six more spiders come hurrying across to them, stepping without hesitation over the pulped remains of their cousins.

We'll continue this and call it Round 3, as it won't matter attack wise. Yosef gets three attacks, one at the beginning of the round, one at initiative and one at the end. Derek and Jeloon get 2 attacks at the begining of the round and two attacks at the end. Everyone else attacks on initiative. Meet the next wave of spiders.

--------Spells: Yosef: 1-1/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-4/5, 2-4/4
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#116 Post by ToniXX »

Initiative: [1d6] = 6

**EDIT**
I figured I'd post my next attack too:

To hit [1d20] = 11, damage with mace [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4 (sm/m opponent)

meh... not sure if that's a hit.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#117 Post by Alethan »

Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#118 Post by Vokarius »

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Argennian »

Yosef moves over to engage the oncoming spiders with his companions...

1st To Hit (at beginning of round):
[1d20+1] = 16+1 = 17 (AC1)

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3120

Damage vs spider (sm/med):
[1d8] = 6

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3121

2nd To Hit (at middle of round, if needed):
[1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10 (AC8)

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3122

Damage vs spider (sm/med):
[1d8] = 4

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3123

3rd To Hit (at end of round, if needed):
[1d20+1] = 3+1 = 4

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=3124

(yeaaahhh...)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”