Re: The first Delving

#101 Post by Distorted Humor »

Will update tomarrow
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#102 Post by Distorted Humor »

Todd Spengo wrote:Theron steps out from behind nothing in particular and speaks to the gnolls in their native tongue, "if you wish to live, you'd better tell us everything we want to know about your camp and leader. Who knows, this might become an opportunity for one of you to become leaders of your own clans. Provided you live, of course."
The Gnoll growls "Why should i trust a hairless elf on such matters, your kind will put a knife to us after you finish with us, we thought you where a rich caravan by the tackle you had, we where wrong, but does not mean we trust you with anything"

--------------

Looting the corpses finds 89,54,60,70,86,70 = 429 Silver peices
Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#103 Post by Todd Spengo »

Theron translates the Gnollish and then replies, "it might be the knife tomorrow but, if you don't answer, it will certainly be the knife today. How would your gods welcome you dying thus, disarmed and bound? This death does not become you."
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#104 Post by Distorted Humor »

Todd Spengo wrote:Theron translates the Gnollish and then replies, "it might be the knife tomorrow but, if you don't answer, it will certainly be the knife today. How would your gods welcome you dying thus, disarmed and bound? This death does not become you."

"Most of our party is dead, you killed our leader, now it would be time to head far north to our homes."

"Shut up, if they don't think that we are worth anything, they will slit our throats"

they break down to hissing and kinda barks as they argue.
Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#105 Post by Todd Spengo »

Theron again translates. "It would seem this is all that is left to them."
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Grognardsw »

Logan, fighter

The warrior grimaces. "If they can't help, we should prevent them from causing anymore trouble. I would take them to town for justice, but that will delay us. Tying them up will only see them freed later. It seems the best option is send them to their makers."

Logan waits for the party's response before ending the gnolls lives.
Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#107 Post by Blazeguard »

Wolf turns to Theron, "Ask them what they were doing so far from home."

"Do they normally stray so far from home when raiding?"
Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#108 Post by Todd Spengo »

Theron translates Wolf's questions and puts them to the gnolls.
Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#109 Post by Tomcat42 »

Grognardsw wrote:Logan, fighter

The warrior grimaces. "If they can't help, we should prevent them from causing anymore trouble. I would take them to town for justice, but that will delay us. Tying them up will only see them freed later. It seems the best option is send them to their makers."

Logan waits for the party's response before ending the gnolls lives.
Hrothgar grimaces. "I won't kill a defenseless prisoner. Even scumdogs such as these!" he says "Do with them what you will but if it be left to me, I cut them loose and let them fight or run."
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#110 Post by Distorted Humor »

Todd Spengo wrote:Theron translates Wolf's questions and puts them to the gnolls.
They say the promise of wagons of goods and the wildness, as the north is hard pressed from human settlement.
Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#111 Post by Todd Spengo »

Theron translates.

From here on out, please take it as assumed that Theron translates everything the gnolls say to the party and any questions/statement the party wants to convey back to the gnolls.
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#112 Post by Dogma »

Otikas addresses the gnolls through Theron.

"How long have you been in this area? Is there anything you can tell us....say...something about a place called 'The Mouth of Doom'?"
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#113 Post by Distorted Humor »

Dogma wrote:Otikas addresses the gnolls through Theron.

"How long have you been in this area? Is there anything you can tell us....say...something about a place called 'The Mouth of Doom'?"
The Gnolls say that the mouth of doom is a silly name. heard it was south of here. Nothing of inportance.
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#114 Post by Dogma »

"Well, they are right about that,"the wizard chuckled, "It is a bit of a silly name. Quite pretensious it is. Really...The Mouth of Doom....probably nothing more than a trumped up name to scare the local children with. Probably nothing more than an empty cave with a few bats. Mouth of Doom indeed."

"As for these creatures, I can't see just letting them go to continue their murderous ways. Brigands they are and a scourge on mankind. Indeed yes...a scourge I say! But its not really sporting to...um...dispatch them while they are bound. Base creatures they are but they're not mad dogs...they are sentient creatures in their own way."Otikas rubs his chin thoughtfully, "We could have them swear an oath to leave this lands and give up their murderous ways, but I'm sure they would gladly break it first chance."

"Regardless, I think they are of little further use to us and I leave their fate to the more...practical...among us," He turns and walks away, muttering to himself, "Yes...little use indeed...and murderous brigands...brought they own fate upon themselves they did."
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Grognardsw »

Logan slits the throat of the gnoll he had his dagger against.

He cuts the leg bonds of the other gnoll, keeping it's arms bound. He kicks him away and says: "If you survive your way home, tell your kind that we are now patrolling this area. No more raids. If we see hide or hair of you, you die and we mount a raiding party on your home!"

To the others: "Let us see to this Mouth of Doom. I would have my blade shoved down its throat!"
HereticalOne
Scout
Scout

#116 Post by HereticalOne »

As Logan cuts the gnoll's throat, Ushnab attempts to stab the other one with his scimitar.

First attempt: To Hit with Scimitar: [1d20] = 8, damage: [1d8] = 2

Second: To Hit with Scimitar: [1d20] = 3, damage: [1d8] = 5

Third: To Hit with Scimitar: [1d20] = 13, damage: [1d8] = 1

Ushnab strikes before the gnoll can be freed, if possible. [Might be an additional bonus?]
He will continue attacking, following after the gnoll until it is dead or escapes.

"We cannot allow this thing to leave here knowing where we are going. By telling this one our destination, you effectively have told all the other gnolls it would run back to just where to find us. We have no way to know if the thing was lying about it's band of raiders or not, but I suspect it was lying. These things move in packs. They're too far south to run around in such a small group, unless they were part of a larger force of raiders. Any of these things that we let survive would like to gain revenge on us. Letting it go would be a mistake, but worse than that, it would leave innocent blood on our hands. This group attacked us because they thought we were fat merchants. They were bandits and bandits deserve to be hanged, so they cannot slink off and attack the next group. This isn't about sport and these things are far from defenseless. Just let one get back to their main group with news of where we are and wait. As it is, I suspect the Rangers are out hunting these gnolls."

"Another really bad thought I just had is that gnolls sometimes serve nastier masters. These gnolls might not just be simple raiders, they might be in service to someone or something far worse than a few scruffy raiders or bandits. They were awfully confident, even after getting beaten and watching the others die. That sort of thing tends to ruin morale for such creatures, they rarely have such resolve, unless they know something you don't. I seriously doubt these are the last of their group we'll be seeing."
I don't have a signature thingy.
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#117 Post by Distorted Humor »

I gonna rule that you killed both Gnolls while still bound. My the gods approve or disapprove of your actions :)

The Gnolls are dead, and the party has finished ransaking the raiding party, does the party head towards the mouth?

(OOC - work was painful, but I am back in the saddle with normal amounts of work.)
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#118 Post by Dogma »

The wizard hid his chagrin at giving away their destination to the gnoll. He hadn't though through the ramifications of telling the creature and the harm it might do. He certainly wasn't going to give Ushnab the satisfaction of knowing that though.

"Well, yes,...now that takes care of that little bit of unsavoryness lets us be back on our way."

"Izack!," cried Otikas, "form up those mules. Check that strap there, it looks loose. Make sure those supplies are securely tied."
Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#119 Post by Tomcat42 »

Hrothgar the dwarf

"Nasty business!" Hrothgar snorts "Let us make our way to the Mouth!"
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."
Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#120 Post by Darkmane »

After finishing looting the dead gnolls, she comes back to the area where the captive gnolls were slaughtered. "That could have gone better, I would have preferred we let them live! I think it's important we don't sink to their level. However, let's put this messy business behind us, and make haste to this Mouth of Doom!"

Return to “Delving into Rappan Athuk”