(005) On to Elsburg

Eris
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: (005) On to Elsburg

#101 Post by ateno »

May I brin in my friend, KAzan, he is well behaved?

Once in, Darrian will find a wash room and hash his face and hands before sitting down.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#102 Post by Eris »

"Why, certainly!" says Dithralian, "But if he disturbs the other patrons, I'll have to ask you to remove him."

OOC: Okay, the group might be splitting here, you'll have to tell me. Eodrien and Darrian are opting for the Private Room. Are all of you joining them are are some of you going into the louder, more boisterous, Public Rooms? What follows is for the Private Room, if anyone is going to the Pub, that will be in a different post.

A quick wash of face and hands and Darrian and Kazan join Eodrien in the Private Room. The patrons in here nod and go back to their food and talk ignoring the newcomers.

In a couple of minutes a pretty young girl who looks to be in her middle teens and with bright pink hair comes in from a door along the back wall and lays a slate board on your table, "Greetings! I am called Sarigilian and I'll be serving you today." she says with a smile.

She puts her finger on the slate and says, "We serve porridge, eggs, ham and fried bread for breakfast along with a pot of caffee or tea."

"If you prefer an early lunch, we have a pie filled with pork, vegetables and potatoes as well as a fresh fish and chips meal. With the lunch you get an ale or glass of red wine, or a pot of caffee or tea if you prefer."

"All of the meals are 3 silver. I'll give you a minute to think it over."

On the slate, written in common is just what she said, including the price of 3 silver for either of the meals. There is line for a more expensive lunch listed at 6 sp: Pork Chop, Garlic mashed potatoes, broccoli, and a small loaf of bread.

While you are thinking it over Sarigilian moves among the other tables asking each group if they need anything before circling back to you.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#103 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:30 pm "Why, certainly!" says Dithralian, "But if he disturbs the other patrons, I'll have to ask you to remove him."

OOC: Okay, the group might be splitting here, you'll have to tell me. Eodrien and Darrian are opting for the Private Room. Are all of you joining them are are some of you going into the louder, more boisterous, Public Rooms? What follows is for the Private Room, if anyone is going to the Pub, that will be in a different post.

A quick wash of face and hands and Darrian and Kazan join Eodrien in the Private Room. The patrons in here nod and go back to their food and talk ignoring the newcomers.

In a couple of minutes a pretty young girl who looks to be in her middle teens and with bright pink hair comes in from a door along the back wall and lays a slate board on your table, "Greetings! I am called Sarigilian and I'll be serving you today." she says with a smile.

She puts her finger on the slate and says, "We serve porridge, eggs, ham and fried bread for breakfast along with a pot of caffee or tea."

"If you prefer an early lunch, we have a pie filled with pork, vegetables and potatoes as well as a fresh fish and chips meal. With the lunch you get an ale or glass of red wine, or a pot of caffee or tea if you prefer."

On the slate, written in common is just what she said, including the price of 3 silver for either of the meals. There is line for a more expensive lunch listed at 6 sp: Pork Chop, Garlic mashed potatoes, broccoli, and a small loaf of bread.

While you are thinking it over Sarigilian moves among the other tables asking each group if they need anything before circling back to you.
Des will take an early lunch.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Gunnery-0, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 900 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#104 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:30 pm "Why, certainly!" says Dithralian, "But if he disturbs the other patrons, I'll have to ask you to remove him."

Des will go with a private room, as well.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Gunnery-0, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#105 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Sorry for the long absence, but life has been crazy. The Dean seems to think he can just keep adding research groups without increasing support staff, and we got hacked for a few weeks without knowing it... fortunately it was just with some crypto-miners not ransomeware, but now campus ISO and the HIPAA Privacy office are breathing down our necks big time. Anyway I"m going to try to catch up without getting us too far into the weeds.

Before Valerin spends money on a horse he looks for a bowyers shop to upgrade his current short bow to something like a composite bow. He's and elf, so smaller and lighter, might even go the Sancho Panza route and get a donkey. A mule was plenty good for Sister Sara, and they're hardier.

Back many many years ago I decided to be realistic about supply and horses...the party was off into high mountains and when I looked up what it takes to keep a warhorse fed and healthy without grazing for ¾ths of the day, they ended up with an exponentially growing mule train the latter third were just carrying feed for the mules carrying the feed for the horses :D
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#106 Post by ateno »

Darian will eay with his friends, if we are looking at getting lodging here, if everyone is going private, so will Darian.

Once he returns from washing up. "I'll take the breakfast tray, and could you fill a large bowl with cut ends and food scraps for Kazan please?"

Darian
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#107 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:31 am Sorry for the long absence, but life has been crazy. The Dean seems to think he can just keep adding research groups without increasing support staff, and we got hacked for a few weeks without knowing it... fortunately it was just with some crypto-miners not ransomeware, but now campus ISO and the HIPAA Privacy office are breathing down our necks big time. Anyway I"m going to try to catch up without getting us too far into the weeds.

Before Valerin spends money on a horse he looks for a bowyers shop to upgrade his current short bow to something like a composite bow. He's and elf, so smaller and lighter, might even go the Sancho Panza route and get a donkey. A mule was plenty good for Sister Sara, and they're hardier.

Back many many years ago I decided to be realistic about supply and horses...the party was off into high mountains and when I looked up what it takes to keep a warhorse fed and healthy without grazing for ¾ths of the day, they ended up with an exponentially growing mule train the latter third were just carrying feed for the mules carrying the feed for the horses :D
OOC: Bruce, you can get a Composite Shortbow for 75 gp (- 25 for your current Shortbow) or a longbow. Check the Equipment list for prices on ranged weapons and other things over in the Game Notes thread.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#108 Post by Eris »

ateno wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:41 am Darian will eay with his friends, if we are looking at getting lodging here, if everyone is going private, so will Darian.

Once he returns from washing up. "I'll take the breakfast tray, and could you fill a large bowl with cut ends and food scraps for Kazan please?"

Darian
"Yes, breakfast for you and a bowl for your friend." the young woman smiles at you and then at Kazan saying to him, "You're a good dog, aren't you?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#109 Post by bobk2323 »

Eris wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:30 pm
"Hi," says the very tall woman in her normally deadpan tone of voice.

"It's okay." Callista pauses while she talks, as she often does. "I've decided. I'll take the lunch. With some tea."

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#110 Post by Eris »

bobk2323 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:36 am
Eris wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:30 pm
In a couple of minutes a pretty young girl who looks to be in her middle teens and with bright pink hair comes in from a door along the back wall and lays a slate board on your table, "Greetings! I am called Scargillian and I'll be serving you today." she says with a smile.
"Hi," says the very tall woman in her normally deadpan tone of voice.

"It's okay." Callista pauses while she talks, as she often does. "I've decided. I'll take the lunch. With some tea."
"One breakfast and a bowl of scraps for the man and his dog. One meat pie and a pot of tea for the tall lady." says Scargillian making a notes on a small board with a piece of chalk she pulls from her apron pocket then looks around the table to see if there are other orders.

OOC: You don't have to play out ordering. If you're eating just say you are and deduct 3 sp from your pockets. :) Gillian is an active NPC mostly in case anyone has questions about the town, where things are, who might be looking for workers, about the Wizard...that sort of thing.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:45 pm
"One breakfast and a bowl of scraps for the man and his dog. One meat pie and a pot of tea for the tall lady." says Scargillian making a notes on a small board with a piece of chalk she pulls from her apron pocket then looks around the table to see if there are other orders.

OOC: You don't have to play out ordering. If you're eating just say you are and deduct 3 sp from your pockets. :) Gillian is an active NPC mostly in case anyone has questions about the town, where things are, who might be looking for workers, about the Wizard...that sort of thing.
Eodrien orders a meal, and then she addresses Gillian. "We came in with the last caravan. Is there anyone hiring caravan guards going out from Elsburg?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#112 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:15 pm
Eris wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:45 pm

Eodrien orders a meal, and then she addresses Gillian. "We came in with the last caravan. Is there anyone hiring caravan guards going out from Elsburg?"
Gillian leans back in thought for a moment and then says slowly, "Nooo, no caravans other than Master Ross'." then her eyes light and she smiles saying, "But there's sort of something like that, maybe."

"I saw Old Mary putting a sign on the job board in the Public room this morning. She told me she wants to hire someone to take a cart up to Dinsmoor and bring back a load of stuff. Mos and his son Bill usually do that but she said they was scared of the Lizardfolk that have been actin' up in the swamps along the road. She don't pay Mos and Bill much, but she might pay more cause she said she was running short on healer's root and dried samba. She needs that for a lot of her potions and such, you know?"

"Other than that, I don't know." she smiles at you pointing over her shoulder at the room beyond the foyer, "Maybe check the job board yourself?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#113 Post by Darithe »

A private room, Magdal thinks she is staying in a mansion after having shared her lodgings with 3 of her sisters. She enjoys a night of roomy elegance in the private room and joins the others for a hearty breakfast.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#114 Post by Eris »

Okay....the meal is over.

Now what? (ooc prod! prod!) :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:57 pm Okay....the meal is over.

Eodrien stands. "I'm going to look at the jobs board, and maybe we can consider that guard job, too."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#116 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:03 pm

Eodrien stands. "I'm going to look at the jobs board, and maybe we can consider that guard job, too."
“I’ll go with you,” Des said. “Always good to travel in pairs.”
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#117 Post by ateno »

I'm going to make sure the horses and cart are ok, then buy a nice jug of wine and visit the mages tower.

Darrian does not expect anyone to join him.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:07 pm“I’ll go with you,” Des said. “Always good to travel in pairs.”
"Yes, yes it is," Eodrien said with a smile. She walked to the jobs board and perused the postings.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#119 Post by Eris »

terrymixon wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:07 pm
joertexas wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:03 pm

“I’ll go with you,” Des said. “Always good to travel in pairs.”
Des and Eodrien (anybody else coming along?) stroll over to the Public room and step inside. A small band of musicians is playing a lively song with flute, lute and drum. There is a dart game drawing most of the people here's attention on the other side the large room. A few people, several Word and a couple of humans are along the bar drinking and chatting.

Right there on the wall is a large wooden board with JOB BOARD carved into the top of it. There are three pieces of parchment tacked to the board.

1. Joshal Kremer needs someone to pick up a package at Maiden's Neck Village in Darkwood from someone named Salvassa and is offering 20 gold pieces when you return...with the package. Contact at Smoke and Mirrors Emporium off the Market Square.

2. Bishop Pasco Gilbrand is seeking a party to investigate rumors of restless dead in the cemetery northwest of Elsburg. Contact at Church of the Moon, Elsburg.

3. Somebody needed to take a cart to Dinsmoor and pick up some goods. Good pay. Talk to Mary at Potions & Lotions.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#120 Post by Eris »

ateno wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:20 am I'm going to make sure the horses and cart are ok, then buy a nice jug of wine and visit the mages tower.

Darrian does not expect anyone to join him.
The horses and cart are just fine. A bottle of wine can be picked up at Wiseburg Wines & Spirits, on the way to the tower. As you approach the tower you are somewhat surprised to see a hobbit coming out of the door. It's Tony!

He sees you at the same time you see him. He shouts, "Darrian! Just the man I wanted to see! I was going over to the Market Square to see if you and your friends were there with the caravan."

"Master Warhan, he's my teacher now. He has a job that might be right up your alley!" Tony continues, "Are you and your friends available for a job? Well, will you be available next week, as Master Warhan says the stars won't be right until then."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “Silverband (C&C)”