Dice Rolls

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Dice Rolls

#1 Post by Johnny Champion »

This is the Topic where I may ask for you to roll.

I have created a Campaign ID = ***, and a character called DM.

I created a macro [1d20], pressed the roll button. From PbP Forum code:,

I got this command string and I pasted it here: [1d20] = 6

I created another macro [3d6r1]: I got this command string: Roll 3d6 and reroll 1s: [3d6r1] = 6
Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Dice Rolls

#2 Post by Agnati »

Johnny Champion wrote:This is the Topic where I may ask for you to roll.

I created a macro [1d20], pressed the roll button. From PbP Forum code:,

I got this command string and I pasted it here: [1d20] = 6

I created another macro [3d6r1]: I got this command string: Roll 3d6 and reroll 1s: [3d6r1] = 6

Go to this page: http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=pcs (or click the Dice Roller pic in the upper-right of this webpage and click the "Character" heading)
Enter one of your character's names and the campaign ID provided by the DM. You can create a second character here if you have one.
When you have one or more characters listed, you can click the flight-footed icon and choose to create a macro. The steps are pretty easy to follow, but this may simplify a bit:

For example, if I'm doing a normal attack with my long sword, which is 1d20 + Str mod of 3 + proficiency bonus of 2 = 1d20+5, simply put that in [brackets] in the Macro Text field and then type in a description like "Long sword attack" and click the Aye! button. It simply looks like [1d20+5]

Once you have a macro in place, you can go back under the "Roll the dice" main heading up top and see your character there along with the macro(s) you created. Simply click the dice icon and you'll get something similar to ***[1d20+5] = 10+5 = 15***
(Since I don't know tech savvy the rest of the group is, please ignore me if you know what you're doing!) You can then triple-click the text box next to "PbP Forum code:" and then paste it into a PM or a thread on this site like the one ***posted*** above.

Similarly, you can create up to six dice rolls at once by separating them with a comma like this:
[1d6],[1d6],[1d6],[1d6],[1d6],[1d6] to get a result like "[1d6] = 3,[1d6] = 3,[1d6] = 2,[1d6] = 4,[1d6] = 5,[1d6] = 2,"

or [1d6+4],[1d8+4],[2d10+2] for "[1d6+4] = 4+4 = 8,[1d8+4] = 5+4 = 9,[2d10+2] = 14+2 = 16" **Note the 2d10 rolled two d10 dice and combined the two and then added +2.

If you anyone has any questions on the syntax or anything to do with the rollers, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll be happy to help.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.
Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Dice Rolls

#3 Post by Agnati »

Also, you can create a character sheet on that same site, apparently. Probably going to be just one more place you have to update things, but it looks kinda cool to be able to do this:
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Return to “Black Obsidian: D&D Next”