Ranger
Ranger

Re: The Mausoleum of the Ghouls

#81 Post by Belkregos »

Gurkan
we should get back and finish the giant rat business
he turns to Vandy
i think there's no more immediate danger, you should be ok now

OOC: not sure where we are on HP, do we need any healing? if so Gurkan will ask Vandy if they can spare some healing
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Rex »

Khawla

Once we have decided on healing, she will head back to the previous underground to finish the job.
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#83 Post by ateno »

"Can we get some food and drink first?"

Tuga
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by hedgeknight »

Rex wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:32 pm Khawla - "We found an old long abandoned temple of Anubis." She pulls out the idol and shows Vandy.
"Any idea about this? I am wondering if the temple originally kept the ghouls in check and with its deterioration they are finally free."
Vandy lets out a low whistle, her eyes full of wonder. "Well now, what have we here?" she says, not touching the idol, but peering at it closely.
"Anubis...guardian of the underworld. I should like to see where you found this."
GreyWolfVT wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:09 pm Elwood "Yah know that ain't tha only old temple we found. Remember when we went huntin down them giant rats under tha tavern? Eventually we did stumble inta a room worshipin some sorta water god er somethin had that there bowl o' water in tha room. Kinda forgot what we determined from that there room."
"Really now? Two temples underground on this tiny island? Wonder why they are all underground? And what happened to them? Most interesting," Vandy says, rocking back on her heels.
Belkregos wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:47 pm Gurkan - we should get back and finish the giant rat business he says, turning to Vandy.
i think there's no more immediate danger, you should be ok now
"Well, thank ya, Gurkan. Me and the others might just check it out while you guys are off...killing rats?"
She seems confused for a moment, but then shakes her head and shrugs. Then Gurkan broaches the subject of healing and she perks right up again. Whistling loudly, Vandy summons a few acolytes who look like they can heal up any wounds the group has. Tuga takes the opportunity to reveal something that makes all of them very sad.
ateno wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:35 pm "There was evidence of other acolytes that had been there also, perhaps hunted.?"
Tuga shows the bloody robe.
The acolytes look at the filthy robe with its bloodstains and begin to cry. Through the sniffles and sobbing, they reveal (and Vandy confirms) a name: Tarah. She has been missing for about a week. Vandy shakes her head. "I don't want to tell her family, but...I guess that's me duty."

After healing is done and Vandy serves up some food and drink (thanks to Tuga asking about it), the companions are ready to return to the Fishery and finish their mission. They wonder where Tumbler is and what he has gotten into...
Winter is coming...
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Rex »

Khawla

"Thank you Vandy, much appreciated. Good luck with telling Tarah's family. Such times are always difficult, but it must be done. We will try to secure the other area as well, and maybe we can figure out what is or has gone on here."

Khawla leads the way.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#86 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Elwood follows along and doesn't say anything additional.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by ateno »

"We should look for Tumbler, yes, anyone have a idea?"

Tuga
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Rex »

Khawla

"Good idea, but I have no idea where he is. Anyone have a clue?"
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#89 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Elwood "I already told yah tha last place we seen em. In town that fella wit tha goblin where we helped them guards that tha goblin blasted wit fire. Tumbler was tha fella followin tha goblin. Dunno where they dun went afterwards was too busy saving lives."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#90 Post by ateno »

"Yes, that all I know, towns not that big, we could do a walk through and look for him. Hire a crier?"

Tuga
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Rex »

Khawla

"Lets head for the tavern we went down at and look along the way."
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan