Dates:
2024 October 17th-20th
Venue:
Alliant Energy Center
1919 Alliant Energy Center Way
Madison, WI 53713
Purchase Badges:
2024 May 25 (this upcoming Saturday)

My question, however, is about running games.

Per their GM Information link, they don't list a deadline for when games must be submitted. I am still writing an adventure, and should be able to have it completed in time, but I don't want to sign up to run an event only to have to cancel because it isn't ready.

A few of questions, for those that have run games before (e.g. Rob), or are more familiar:
  1. Is there a deadline to submit games to run?
  2. If you do sign up to run a game, can you back out?
  3. They do run 5e at Gamehole, right? :roll:
-- DM --
Simple Idea, Zero Prep (OSRIC)

-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
(Status: Archived)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Gamehole Con 2024

#2 Post by Scott308 »

1. There is no official deadline for submissions, but they will shut them down when there is no more room for additional games. Also, the earlier you submit, the more likely you are to get the time slot you are looking for.

2. If you need to back out, you can. Real life intervenes occasionally and people need to cancel for a number of reasons. Having said that, they do keep track of that and if someone is consistently cancelling games, they may not be allowed to run anymore. Also, if you cancel after event registration begins, you will disappoint the players who had signed up and were looking forward to your game. Especially if you are in a time slot where not much is still available as a replacement.

3. Oh, yeah. They run 5e.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by dmw71 »

Very helpful responses. Thanks, Scott.
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#4 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ya!

What Scott said. :lol:

The only thing I would add is that if you want to run a game, you should probably have it submitted before the game list gets released, so it will receive the most exposure from potential players. (you still have a few months before that happens)
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by dmw71 »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:16 pmThe only thing I would add is that if you want to run a game, you should probably have it submitted before the game list gets released, so it will receive the most exposure from potential players. (you still have a few months before that happens)
I will definitely keep that in mind. Thanks!
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#6 Post by Scott308 »

Yeah, it's really important to get your game in so it is approved in time to be included in the initial list release, which sounds like it'll be in July. I know I will keep looking to see what new games get added, but have very rarely dropped something for a new addition.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Return to “General RPG discussion”