Smoking Out The Bandits

OGRE MAGE
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Smoking Out The Bandits

#241 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan has a strange dream that he is a kobold attacking people entering his cave with his clan. sorry I decided to go there. he twitches in his magical sleep.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by hedgeknight »

Dredd

The Half-Orc snores comfortably; likely the best sleep he has had in days.
Winter is coming...
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#243 Post by OGRE MAGE »

F Is For.....
The Caves Of Chaos
Late Morning, Mostly Clear

Dredd's enjoyable sleep is quickly disrupted when Renna rushes forward to shake the big half-orc awake. Pimlan continues snoring right beside them. They are both able to look up just as the bandits rush them. Just like Renna does, a pair of the charging bandits stays behind to awaken their 2 sleeping friends. One of the oncoming threat spots Renna's intention, meeting her there and stabbing her as she assists her comrade. 4 dam

Magdal sees Crobeus race by her from the other room, so she gives chase as well. She nearly trips on the uneven cave floor but catches herself before falling flat on her face in front of the oncoming enemy. Unable to continue his charge in a straight line, the paladin doesn't have time to attack, instead bracing there for the oncoming assault. 2 of the bandits try to skewer him as they approach, but his heavy armor holds up against their attacks.

Stobart remains where he is, casting a protection spell upon himself while Crabgrass joins them, shouting more orders at Dubricus. The blood soaked group leader steps into the room doing what he does best.......annoying people. "OKAY FOLKS LET'S ALL JUST TAKE IT EASY IN HERE AND SETTLE DOWN A BIT." Other than confused looks, the enemy has little to no reaction to his sudden pleas.

Watching as at least 3 more bandits enter the fight from the rooms beyond this central location, when Meinhardt points his lamp light up the northern tunnel, he spots at least 2 more of them rushing at him from that direction.

A voice from somewhere in the middle of the fray shouts out. "Charge the intruders! Infiltrate their ranks! Don't let anyone get away!"

Actions?

Circle = Sleeping
caves_of_chaos_large - Copy.jpg
caves_of_chaos_large - Copy.jpg (44.59 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Magdal (R1) AC:7 12/16
Crobeus (P1) AC:3 8/10
Pimlan (F1/T1) H-L AC:6 4/9 Sleeping
Dubricus (M1) AC:8 5/5 Sleep
Crabgrass (MU1/C1) H-E AC:7 7/7 SG / Sanct
Meinhardt (MU1) AC:10 5/5 MM/MM
Renna (MU1/C1) Elf AC:4 5/9 Sleep
Skratch (T1) H-O AC:6 8/8
Stobart (C1) AC:5 10/10 Sanct:3
Dredd (F1) H-O AC:3 13/16
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#244 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal tries not to blush as she rises again. She moves to assist Crobeus with the two bandits attacking him.
Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

Instantly realizing he has virtually no chance to escape without a blade in his back, he haphazardly tosses the lantern at the oncoming bandits, hollers "Incoming!" and casts a Sleep spell against them.
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#246 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

With two enemies in front of him, the big paladin hesitates before hacking at the bandit southwest of him. Unfortunately, his hesitation causes his timing to be off and he slashes harmlessly through the air.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

We don't want to fight on two fronts or get surrounded. Hearing a warning from Meinhardt, I will assist him in stemming the reinforcements coming from that side of the caves.

Crabgrass: mace attack: [1d20]=6 damage [1d6]=6

I can't bash much though, not even a cow's arse with a banjo.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by shaidar »

Stobart heads over to waken Pimlan

Worry about defending yourself" he says to Renna.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by hedgeknight »

Dredd

"Pim! Get up!" he shouts, rolling to his feet. He then lifts his spear, stands over Pim, and lunges at the nearest foe.
Spear: [1d20+1]=12+1=13 [1d6+3]=4+3=7
Winter is coming...
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by gurusql »

Renna

Seeing that Dredd is in HTH with the person who stabbed him he will cast another Sleep spell trying to target the bandits in the back (see the green circle)
error.png
error.png (235.5 KiB) Viewed 204 times
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#251 Post by OGRE MAGE »

F Is For.....Fight
The Caves Of Chaos
Late Morning, Mostly Clear

Seeing a mass of several more bandits coming for them entices a flight reaction from exactly........nobody.

Meinhardt reacts to the oncoming pair rushing towards him by throwing his only light source at them as a distraction. This gives the wise mage just enough time to cast his spell right before they arrive to kill him. Both of the man and woman duo fall to the floor as they reach their target, their charging blows failing to transpire. Crabgrass rushes in to swack away at them with his mace, missing badly. (if the intention is to kill, you could do that without the need of an attack roll)

The unseen male voice continues to ring out over the din of battle, encouraging the bandits to fight on as it gets louder. The source of this voice is still unknown, however. With his protective spell in place, Stobart also moves into the middle of the maelstrom to awaken the sleeping Pimlan. The halfling rises to see the odds are definitely not in the groups favor here.

Dredd stabs his spear into one of the bandits, tearing a hole through armor and flesh, stealing the life of the young aspiring bandit as he falls dead to the floor of the cave. The oncoming bandits fill in the holes where their comrades fall, clearly inspired by the shouting voice.

Magdal and Crobeus stand arm to arm against the oncoming threats, the Paladin flailing badly with his sword while the Ranger strikes a good blow on her closest adversary. The damage isn't enough to take him out of the fight, but it does seem to cause the man some pause.

Renna tries more Sleep magic on the second wave as they rush towards her. Those in the front get beyond her target area before she is able to finish, but the three men running up from behind all fall to the floor fast asleep. Dubricus smiles insanely again and pulls his dagger, heading straight for them.

All the bandits attacks on the group amount to Crobeus taking a minor hit 3 dam, and Dredd getting stabbed by a reinforcement who rushes headlong into the dangerous mix to replace the one who fell. 4 dam

At least 4 more bandits enter the edges of the torch lit room, all charging into the battle to help their comrades destroy this invasion of their hideout.

Actions?

Circle = Sleeping
Square = Wounded
caves_of_chaos_large - Copy.jpg
caves_of_chaos_large - Copy.jpg (45.37 KiB) Viewed 179 times
Magdal (R1) AC:7 12/16
Crobeus (P1) AC:3 5/10
Pimlan (F1/T1) H-L AC:6 4/9
Dubricus (M1) AC:8 5/5 Sleep
Crabgrass (MU1/C1) H-E AC:7 7/7 SG / Sanct
Meinhardt (MU1) AC:10 5/5 MM/MM/Sleep
Renna (MU1/C1) Elf AC:4 5/9 Sleep/Sleep
Skratch (T1) H-O AC:6 8/8
Stobart (C1) AC:5 10/10 Sanct:2
Dredd (F1) H-O AC:3 9/16
Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass
(if the intention is to kill, you could do that without the need of an attack roll)
That probably was an intent, I rolled as I didn't know how effective the Sleep spell might be. They could have been elven or half-elven or too strong mentally.

I will leave these two sleeping bandits to the whims of Meinhardt, I guess the idea of slaying 'held' folk doesn't quite ring true with him though he has no doubts the bandits have any such qualms themselves. I can use my action to go back and support the group and in union with my mage comrades, cast my own Sleep spell upon the emerging bandits that reinforce their group.

Aiming to centre a spell AoE a few feet to the left of the top middle passage in order to catch those exiting from there and those coming from the far left.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

The cleric backs out and tries to make his way behind his fellows to heal Croebus:

CLW: [1d8]=5
GreyWolfVT

#254 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan awake again has no idea what the heck happened confused he draws his short sword and will try and back stab the bandit directly in front of him unless that man is facing him then he will just try and 'normal' stab the bandit.
Short Sword [1d20]=1to hit, [1d6]=2 dmg and he apparently stabs himself.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by hedgeknight »

Dredd

"Pim! Stop dicking around and kill somebody!" the Half-Orc hollers at his companion. Ignoring the blood dripping down his chest, Dredd grits his teeth and jams his spear at the newest bandit.
Spear: [1d20+1]=12+1=13 [1d6+3]=6+3=9
Winter is coming...
Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

Meinhardt sets the lantern upon the ground, pointing north, in the event more bandits arrive that way. He then turns to address the sleeping bandits at his feet. Although his Lawful proclivity is to haul them back to the keep to face justice, his Neutral pragmatism suggests the better course of action, considering their precarious situation, is to deal with them by coup de grace. Drawing his dagger he proceeds with this plan against the first sleeping bandit, though certainly not with the same zeal and bloodlust as Dubricus.
Last edited by Quonundrum on Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreyWolfVT

#257 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan replies to Dredd "I am trying kill master Dredd. I did just come out of being 'magic'd' you know."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by gurusql »

Renna

Renna cast CLW on herself.

Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=7
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#259 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal continues to battle beside the paladin albeit poorly.

Attack: [1d20]=3
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#260 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

The paladin slashes at the wounded bandit near him, missing once again. Too preoccupied with the deadly threats in front of him, he mutters a "Thanks." to whichever of his companions healed him.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Return to “Revisiting the Classics: Mod 1 “Return to Kendall Keep” (1e)”