Return To The Ruins (Warlords Palace)

OGRE MAGE
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Return To The Ruins (Warlords Palace)

#1321 Post by Rex »

Drest

I tried giving the silver dagger to Akhilleus, does he have it now or Drest? My action will depend on who has it.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1322 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Akhilleus took the silver dagger.

You can't discern why the turning was thwarted, but yes, the rules clearly state that a command to flee or whatever must be given. If the monster doesn't understand that command......?

I will go through the footer stats again, but I record that information directly from your Character Sheets. So, if a player isn't updating their sheet promptly, then I am probably distributing incorrect information. As mentioned, many times, I dont keep track of the sheets, players are supposed to do that. We had at least 2 people who haven't updated their sheets since the last XP reward.
silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#1323 Post by silifi »

The_Wanderer wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:16 pm He then sees the sling bullet land, giving him hope that mundane weapons may be effective.
just to clarify, Sik was using a silver bullet
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1324 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Taibhse

Will call for his Chill Touch spell to be ready when he enters the conflict he hears ahead. When he reaches the room if the fight continues he will move forward and attack. If the creature comes toward him he will attack the creature.

Axe Strike: Attack [1d20+1]=11+1=12 Damage [1d6+1]=5+1=6

Chill Touch: [1d4]=2 (Then saving throw and -1 on attacks if the fail saves)
silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#1325 Post by silifi »

Sik fires another silver bullet.

To hit: [1d20+1]=4+1=5, damage with sling: [1d4]=4

:?

Can Sik attempt to recover spent bullets? Either on misses or both hits and misses?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1326 Post by Rex »

Drest

Drest will move into the room behind Akhilleus. Attempting to stay out of the fight, but close enough that if Akhilleus goes down or drops the silver dagger he can scoop it up and attack with it.
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#1327 Post by Belkregos »

Belloc continues absorbing the shadow, the black tentacles emanating from the staff pulsing with dark power, squeezing the unlife from the entity. The air around him grows colder, and a palpable sense of dread fills the room as the darkness intensifies.

With a commanding voice, he calls out, "HEED! Spawn of darkness, kneel to true power!" His words echo, reverberating through the chamber with an otherworldly resonance. The tentacles tighten, their grip unyielding, as they draw the shadow closer, merging its essence with the staff.

Belloc feels a surge of energy coursing through him, a sinister yet intoxicating power. He stands tall, his eyes glowing with a dark light, fully in control of the formidable force he wields. Though his body has been weakened, his will remains strong and uncontained. The shadow, once a menacing presence, now seems meager to him, its essence intertwined with the staff's dark magic.

"Your will is now mine," Belloc declares, his voice filled with authority.

-continues with vampiric touch, second casting
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1328 Post by Karaunios »

Akhilleus attacks with the silver dagger.

Silver Dagger - To hit: [1d20+1]=5+1=6; Dmg: [1d4+2]=1+2=3

No specialized in daggers, so it's just one attack and without other bonuses other than strength. Sorry.

Besides, Dice Roller...
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1329 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

Xenos grows increasing concerned when he hears the raised voices coming down the passageway. When Drest rushes off he sighs, casts Chill Touch and follows the scout down the corridor.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1330 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana

As all hell breaks loose in the room, and knowing she can't get in the middle of it even if she wanted to, the druid quickly picks up the roll of parchment and unties the string to see what it is.
OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:28 pm I will go through the footer stats again, but I record that information directly from your Character Sheets. So, if a player isn't updating their sheet promptly, then I am probably distributing incorrect information. As mentioned, many times, I dont keep track of the sheets, players are supposed to do that. We had at least 2 people who haven't updated their sheets since the last XP reward. [/ooc][/i]
From one DM to another, this is indeed frustrating. I have a couple of players who are not very consistent updating their sheets. And at this point, I don't even say anything anymore. I just move on. 8-)
Winter is coming...
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1331 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

Shaking his head at his ineffective turning, he swears that he used to be able to turn zombies and skeletons of all races in his training. Maybe linguistic training is something he should look into. Or possibly some sort of Undead Sign Language.

Kain decides to deal with the body, hoping something on it will command the shade. He will take the keys and remove the robe to wear, intending to try to command the undead again.
subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#1332 Post by subaltari »

Magda

"Ai, there is a secret passage behind the bookcase! Skavi found it," Magda hisses to those nearby. Then she simply watches raptly, as the battle unfolds between the shadow and Belloc (or rather his staff).

silifi wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:15 pm
The_Wanderer wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:16 pmHe then sees the sling bullet land, giving him hope that mundane weapons may be effective.
just to clarify, Sik was using a silver bullet
That, and back when the encounter started Drest told the party his sword wasn't hurting the monster. But this kind of thing happens in the fog of war :P
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1333 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sorry gang! I have had a busy last few days and couldn't get an update in here until now.

I will rule that the silver sling bullets can be recovered in such a small room. Normally it would be a 50% recovery rate for most missiles.

Under The Zakath Desert
Sanctum Of The Magus
No Idea On Time Or Day

Kain kneels at the edge of the battle, trying to disrobe the unmoving Hyperborean on the bed. He is successful at obtaining his normal looking ring of 4 keys. Getting the robes off will take a bit more effort. The dark creature trying to kill his friends doesn't seem overly concerned by these actions.

Akhilleus rushes into the room, leaping onto the bed, but misses the shadow completely with the silver dagger.

With a spell at the ready, Taibhse hustles down the rest of the hallway but finds the room already too full to join in on the melee. So does Drest, So does Xenos, now all three of them stand sandwiched in the narrow hallway again, blocking access to the room they just left. (you can save the spells, since you can't use them here)

Sik misses with a second attack while Cyril slings a mundane bullet into the shadow that has no effect on it.

When no progress is made trying to eliminate the threat, the shadow promptly puts Belloc in a choke hold, trying to snuff his life force for good. (-1 STR) The groups concern about their friends powerful staff is realized again when Belloc ignores the choke hold on him, screaming out gurgled commands as the monster squeezes his throat even harder. Standing tall and allowing his conjured black tendrils to continue draining the enemies health, Bellock puffs up even more right before the beast falls to the ground at his feet and slowly dissipates from sight, finally drained of enough energy to stop it for good, and all the while the Magician seems to grow stronger from this dark and ominous process. (-3 charges and 11 more temporary hit points) :shock:

With the threat seemingly over, Ceana's attention remains fixed on the bookshelf. "There are many items here, and I too see something strange with the wall behind this shelf."

Actions?

Drest (Sc4) FA:3 AC7 16/22
Xenos (DS3) FA:3 AC5 17/17
Akhilleus (F4) FA:4 AC4 19/35
Kainaxarthos (C3) FA:1 AC6 17/19
Magda (W2) FA:0 AC9 8/8 Hooded Lantern
Sik (Ba1) FA:1 AC5 9/12
Cyril (Pr3) FA:1 AC8 12/12 CLW, DM Torch
Ceana (D3) FA:2 AC5 19/19 Torch
Taibhse (Sh2) FA:0(20) AC5 11/11 Torch
Belloc (M2) FA:0(20) AC6 36/14 Enlarge
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1334 Post by Rex »

Drest

Drest will check out the book case, looking to see if it is a secret door or hides something etc. Can he move it?
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1335 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

He continues removing the fur cloak while muttering under his breath about the dangers of staves of unknown origin. "Nothing good shall come of it, I'm sure."

"Belloc! It is over! Are you still with us?"
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#1336 Post by Belkregos »

Belloc breathes deeply, his teeth clenched, as the power continues to surge through him, shadows coursing through his veins. He turns at the sound of his name, his calm voice starkly contrasting the wild, dark intensity in his eyes. "Yes," he responds, gazing at his hands with a mix of curiosity and recognition.

Spotting the Hyperborean, he methodically strips it of its regalia and adorns himself with the powerful vestments. "It's not over," he murmurs, the words filled with a profound sense of uncertainty and anticipation. "We've barely scratched the surface of its power."

Once adorned with the Hyperborean vestments of power, he surveys his surroundings with renewed curiosity and a sense of purpose. "Yes, we should continue," he declares, his voice now steady and resolute.. "There is so much more...."
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!
subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#1337 Post by subaltari »

Magda & Skavi

During the entire time Belloc defeats the shadow and then puts on the ancient regalia, Magda watches him carefully, a tiny bemused smile on her lips, until the magician speaks.
Belkregos wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:16 pm "It's not over... We've barely scratched the surface of its power."
"Of whose power, Belloc?"

She eventually turns back to the desk to more thoroughly examine the book resting there. Do the pictographs look similar to those in the dome that gave her such a headache? If not, she will see if she can comprehend them either as mundane or magickal writing.

Skavi emerges from behind the bookcase to a spot at the wall nearby and sits there on his hind legs, looking up at Drest expectantly.
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1338 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Taibhse

Will move in giving Belloc plenty of room, and ask You alright?
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1339 Post by Karaunios »

Akhilleus taps Drest on the shoulder and gives him back the silver dagger. "This is yours."

He looks at Belloc with a sense of dread, wondering if everything he does he does for himself only and not so much the group. And if he eventually will turn on them. He even forgets that the corridor, the only way out in case of another peril, is packed again with people, difficulting any means of escape.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1340 Post by Rex »

Drest

"Actually it isn't mine, but I think you should hold onto it for now. You are better with it then me. We should inventory magic and silver weapons and make sure we have them with the right people."

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”