OOC Banter

Edeldhur
donjong
Runner
Runner

Re: OOC Banter

#61 Post by donjong »

I will drop out. Thanks for giving me a chance to play.
Edeldhur
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by Edeldhur »

donjong wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:14 am I will drop out. Thanks for giving me a chance to play.
Understood donjong. Thank you for playing.

Ok so we have:

Bodkin
Uthæs
Jůnger
Talesian

I will move us forward like this for now, and try to find us two new players. Game on!
kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#63 Post by kwll »

Sorry for the late reply. I will take advantage of your offer to bow out as well. I probably started too many games at the same time and have difficulties to keep up. And yours was the last I entered. As there are people waiting in the queue, better give room for them.

That was fun though, and good luck to everyone for the rest of it. Thanks for having me.
Edeldhur
Ranger
Ranger

#64 Post by Edeldhur »

Ok then. Good luck with your other games kwll.

I have reached out to two potential players, but only one is available to join - I will continue down the list.
Now I stubbornly want to keep this game going.

Updates soon!
Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by Revenant »

Greetings all! Looks like I may be joining your little group. I know some of you already but just as an intro, I run a second edition game here called Nocturne. I look forward to gaming with each of you.
Edeldhur
Ranger
Ranger

#66 Post by Edeldhur »

Welcome aboard Revenant!

I will soon add some more pregens to the character list, then you can choose one, and we’ll get you in the game.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Rex »

Welcome Aboard Revenant!
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by gurusql »

Welcome Aboard!
Edeldhur
Ranger
Ranger

#69 Post by Edeldhur »

For the newcomers, the groups is currently made up of:

Bodkin, Male Halfling Fighter
Jůnger, Male Human Cleric
Talesian, Female Human Fighter

Available classes for Swords & Wizardry are:
Assassin
Cleric
Druid
Fighter
Magic-User
Monk
Paladin
Ranger
Thief

Please pick what you would like to play, and I will roll a pre-gen for you ;)
Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#70 Post by Revenant »

Thanks all! OK, I'll choose a ranger.
Dicey
Guide
Guide

#71 Post by Dicey »

Edeldhur wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:58 pm Welcome aboard Revenant!

I will soon add some more pregens to the character list, then you can choose one, and we’ll get you in the game.
Welcome Revenant ranger.
Edeldhur
Ranger
Ranger

#72 Post by Edeldhur »

Revenant wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:15 pm Thanks all! OK, I'll choose a ranger.
Here you go Sir! To make things easy, we can just say you have been a recent arrival in the small settlement, and while you were having a drink at the local inn called “A Villain’s Luck", you noticed a band of adventurers who came in with a ruckus, claiming they have killed goblins on the road, and seem to be on the lookout for more - after a few drinks, they went out to the Bleak Tower, the only symbol of authority in the place, to inquire about goblin bounties. Maybe they could use the assistance of an experienced tracker?

Amargion, the Ranger
Class: Ranger
Ancestry: Human
Alignment: Lawful
Languages: Common, Alignment

Appearance: 5'9'' / 1.75 m, 150 lbs / 68 kg; dark blonde hair; gold eyes; black skin tone
Traits: narcissistic, astonished, unenthusiastic

Hit points: 12
Armor class: 4[15]
Saving throw: 14
Saving throw modifier(s): none

Attributes

STR: 9 (open doors: 1–2; carry modifier: +5 lbs)
DEX: 17 (missile to-hit modifier: +1; AC modifier: better by 1 point)
CON: 14 (hp per hit die modifier: +1; raise dead survival: 100%)
INT: 12 (max additional languages: 3)
WIS: 14 (experience bonus: +5%)
CHA: 6 (max # of special hirelings: 2; retainer morale adjustment: -2; experience bonus: none)

Class abilities

Charity (spend only on food and shelter, donate rest to charities and temples associated with Law); no followers of any kind; won't join a party or expedition that has more than one Ranger; tracking (90% base probability reduced by situational modifiers); alertness (party surprised only on 1-in-6); can use all magic items as Fighters; giant and goblin-types (+1 damage/level against giants, trolls, ogres, orcs, goblins, and kobolds).

Equipment

Armour: 1 × Shield (-1[+1] AC); 1 × Ring (-3[+3] AC)
Weapons: 1 × Axe, hand (1d6; missile ROF 1, range 10’); 1 × Dagger (1d4; missile ROF 1, range 10’); 1 × Sword, short (1d6); 1 × Spear (1H 1d6; 2H 1d6+1; missile ROF 1, range 10’); 1 × Bow, short (2H, ROF 2, range 50’); 1 × Arrows (20) (1d6)
Gear: 1 × Grappling hook; 2 × Rope, hemp (50 feet); 1 × Backpack (30-pound capacity); 1 × Sack (30 pounds capacity); 1 × Waterskin; 1 × Flask, leather; 6 × Candle; 6 × Torch; 2 × Oil, lamp (1 pint); 1 × Flint & steel; 1 × Garlic, charmed; 3 × Wolfsbane; 5 × Rations, trail (per day); 5 × Rations, dried (per day); 1 × Pot, iron; 1 × Bedroll
Coins: 5 gp, 1 sp, 5 cp
Encumbrance: 89 lbs
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by ybn1197 »

Greetings all and thanks to Edeldhur for the invite to the game. I think I will be playing a monk for this one.
archolewa
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#74 Post by archolewa »

Hello everyone! Looking forward to trying out some Swords and Wizardry

Looks like we have plenty of Swords, but not much Wizardry, so I'll play a Magic-User.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Rex »

Welcome Aboard ybn1197 and archolewa!
Edeldhur
Ranger
Ranger

#76 Post by Edeldhur »

Welcome!

I will have pregens for you later today - you can start thinking about how your characters might be interested in joining the 'originals'. Nothing fancy, just to keep some consistency in the game ;)
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by gurusql »

Welcome everyone
Edeldhur
Ranger
Ranger

#78 Post by Edeldhur »

ybn1197 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:53 pm Greetings all and thanks to Edeldhur for the invite to the game. I think I will be playing a monk for this one.
And here he is!

Aegidelio
Class: Monk

Appearance: 5'7'' / 1.7 m, 190 lbs / 86 kg; white hair; grey eyes; ochre skin tone; square-shaped birthmark
Traits: diligent, deceiving

Hit points: 4
Armor class: 8[11]
Saving throw: 15
Saving throw modifier(s): +2 against paralysis and poisons

Attributes

STR: 9 (open doors: 1–2; carry modifier: +5 lbs)
DEX: 16 (missile to-hit modifier: +1; AC modifier: better by 1 point)
CON: 13 (hp per hit die modifier: 1; raise dead survival: 100%)
INT: 14 (max additional languages: 4)
WIS: 12 (experience bonus: none)
CHA: 12 (max # of special hirelings: 4; retainer morale adjustment: 0; experience bonus: none)

Class abilities

Charity (keep bare minimum, donate the rest); cannot use potions; can use magic weapons and rings; deadly strike with unarmed attacks (75% stun chance for 2d6 rounds if to-hit roll is 5 higher than needed).

Equipment

Armour: None
Weapons: 1 × Sword, long (1d8); 1 × Polearm (2H, 1d8+1); 1 × Bow, short (2H, ROF 2, range 50’); 2 × Arrows (20) (1d6)
Gear: 1 × Block and tackle; 1 × Grappling hook; 3 × Rope, hemp (50 feet); 1 × Backpack (30-pound capacity); 2 × Sack (30 pounds capacity); 1 × Waterskin; 1 × Flask, leather; 6 × Torch; 6 × Oil, lamp (1 pint); 1 × Flint & steel; 1 × Chain (10 feet); 1 × Fishing net (25 square feet); 1 × Signal whistle; 5 × Rations, trail (per day); 5 × Rations, dried (per day); 1 × Bedroll
Coins: 3 gp, 1 sp, 1 cp
Encumbrance: 42 lbs
Edeldhur
Ranger
Ranger

#79 Post by Edeldhur »

archolewa wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:29 pm Hello everyone! Looking forward to trying out some Swords and Wizardry

Looks like we have plenty of Swords, but not much Wizardry, so I'll play a Magic-User.
You got it!

Achalus
Class: Magic-User

Appearance: 5'11'' / 1.8 m, 160 lbs / 73 kg; black hair; hazel eyes; fluorescent dark brown skin tone; six fingered
Traits: practical, ferocious, mean

Hit points: 4
Armor class: 8[11]
Saving throw: 15
Saving throw modifier(s): +2 bonus on all saving throw rolls against spells (including those from magic wands and staffs)

Attributes

STR: 8 (open doors: 1–2; carry modifier: 0 lbs)
DEX: 13 (missile to-hit modifier: +1; AC modifier: better by 1 point)
CON: 14 (hp per hit die modifier: +1; raise dead survival: 100%)
INT: 18 (max additional languages: 6; max spell level: 9; chance to understand new spell: 95%; min/max number of basic spells understandable per level: 8/All)
WIS: 12 (experience bonus: none)
CHA: 10 (max # of special hirelings: 4; retainer morale adjustment: 0; experience bonus: none)

Class abilities

Spell casting.

Equipment

Armour: None
Weapons: 1 × Dagger (1d4; missile ROF 1, range 10’); 1 × Staff (2H 1d6); 12 × Dart (1d3, ROF 3, range 15’)
Gear: 1 × Spellbook; 1 × Rope, hemp (50 feet); 1 × Backpack (30-pound capacity); 2 × Sack (30 pounds capacity); 1 × Waterskin; 1 × Lamp, bronze; 2 × Case (map or scroll); 6 × Candle; 6 × Torch; 1 × Lantern, hooded; 6 × Oil, lamp (1 pint); 1 × Flint & steel; 1 × Chain (10 feet); 1 × Manacles; 1 × Signal whistle; 5 × Rations, trail (per day); 5 × Rations, dried (per day); 1 × Bottle of wine, glass; 1 × Bedroll; 1 × Ink (1-ounce bottle); 6 × Parchment (sheet)
Spellbook: Charm Person, Detect Magic, Hold Portal, Light, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Read Languages, Read Magic, Shield, Sleep
Coins: 6 gp, 3 sp, 8 cp
Encumbrance: 36 lbs
archolewa
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#80 Post by archolewa »

Hey! 18 Intelligence. Nice.

So, umm, is Achalus male or female?

Return to “Edeldhur's Swords & Wizardry Incursion (S&W)”