OOC Stuff

#1 Post by Marullus »

OOC stuff
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Stuff

#2 Post by Marullus »

It's a good thing I never close browser tabs....
Catching up to the timeline:
Eric.D wrote: ↑
"Yes, my brother Essam brought it from the city when I was little. So I know it's from there. I don't know about the city, I've never been there," Urkazzar looks sideways, head bobbing still, a small smile on his face, "I'd like to go see it, I'm not afraid. I can help you find more! I like shiny rocks. And Farouk will take Bassam. I like camels."
Lilly smiles at him. "All great dwarven tales are about heros reclaiming the long lost holds of their forefathers from dragons and orcs and..." - she looks guiltily at Finnithir - "...elves..."

She pauses, makes an apologetic gesture at the elf, and continues: "Perhaps you've got what it takes to reclaim Telkomel, and the old stars have put Finnithir and me here to aid you in your quest!"
She looks him up and down, appraisingly: "Can you fight? shoot a bow? We hear there terrible things left in there, shadowy creatures and demon...." - At this point Suen's altercation starts...

1) If he really wants to go with us I'm mostly validating his intent so I don't think there is a social roll here.
2) I do want to evaluate his usefulness, doesn't he look like he can fight? or will be a liability?
3) I'm tempted to gas in up regardless due to the Adventurer trait. I think Lilly ran away from home to seek fortune, and often pushes others to do the same (she hasn't seen anything too horrific befall them yet).

As Suen turn Hideous! and everything goes pear-shaped:

"Wow there Suen! that's what I wanna see! How is that spell called? Bassam's visage? If you can do that for all of us none of the creatures inside will even notice us!"
OOC: Remember to name your spells Suen. Gives you +1D (Codex p. 287) and slowly Weaves them into your being (Codex p. 289)

She notices the tension in the camp, pauses, shrugs - "Even Farouk's can't tell the difference."
An evil grin forms on her lips - "Then again, they've been here for decades and still react like this to a little show... no wonder demons still roam the city."
"We'll take Urkazzar, bravest amongst his tribe. He will guide us through the city! The rest of you can wallow in your dying desert until your eyes become some vultures dessert."

OOC: DoW seems appropriate, but Lilly is definitely antagonist towards it, doesn't trust they'll be useful enough and doesn't want to split the reward. AND I do have a Belief about going in and out fast, which would probably be easier with a small group.
VVhite-Crow
Scout
Scout

#3 Post by VVhite-Crow »

hidetzugu wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:16 pm
hidetzugu wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:44 pm
Eric.D wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:43 pm

His intent is to stab and injure/kill Suen-Magir. His reflexes are B4, and he is not wearing armor. This is his camp, and he was chatting with friends prior to all this. :cry:

He does get an advantage for his 1 point of VA, though! I will roll for him right away. (Please split your dice pools and roll before viewing):

General Pool [9D]:
  • B5 Sword
  • +1D: ForKing Brawling
  • +1D: Dwarven Arms Balance Die
  • +2D: Help from Sabit and and Suen

Defence only:
  • +3D: Heavy chain armour

Split:
4D for Attack

8D for Defence

Edit: Suen gets a Routine Sorcery Test from this.
As Akhom charges Suen, Lilly quickly parries his spear away, catching it with her sword guard on the rotation and directing its shaft to the inside of her arm, relying on her armour to protect her. Her plan is to control the weapon in this fashion to close on Akhom and grab his arms, but having a spear shaft between the two to use as leverage, he tries to push her aside...
(just making sure there is non-ooc description of events)
I think the 4 snake eyes should give bonus points for extraordinary bad luck.

And the sprinkled in non-ooc description is much appreciated! :D
VVhite-Crow
Scout
Scout

#4 Post by VVhite-Crow »

You mean Nutesh. :)
Sorry Marullus... Edited it.
VVhite-Crow
Scout
Scout

#5 Post by VVhite-Crow »

Sorry, the Orienteering test went a bit messy. :( Should I've waited with the roll or haggled for more NPC help?
So, no on asking NPCs to help? :twisted:
When you asked for the test you already offered 1D help from Mekertu. That one I took into account. :)
It is Ob 4 because it is dark. Orienteering in unfamiliar land is Ob 3, in dark is Ob 4, per the Obs listed under Orienteering. I don't think it changes anything for Farouk, but since he is unskilled, that would have made things different if Lilly had rolled.
I think it's a bit odd that Orienteering has the darkness thing implemented in the skill Ob, while all other skills (I know of) would be handled with a Ob penalty (not doubled for BL). I'm not questioning the ruling here and am happy with it! ;) It's just a thought. :)
VVhite-Crow
Scout
Scout

#6 Post by VVhite-Crow »

@Eric.D
I lost track of it myself but Farouk was talking to Mekertu about the things in the city and what he believes to be the location of the red diamond.https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 99#p704299
Maybe you forgot about it as well? ;)
VVhite-Crow
Scout
Scout

#7 Post by VVhite-Crow »

hidetzugu wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:16 pm
Meanwhile Nutesh and Farouk:
hidetzugu
Scout
Scout

#8 Post by hidetzugu »

Because I was reading through the byzantine rules of Nutesh's predicaments last night here is a summary:
Immediate consequences of the Forte Failure
@Marullus uh-oh... The Forte test is bad: "if he fails the tax test, temporarily subtract margin of failure (...) if reduced to zero, he is rendered unconscious" - page 504

"overtax: for each point bellow zero, he takes physical damage equal to the obstacle in pips on the grayscale" - page 504

I've never deal with this but using the example provided i think you're taking a B6 Wound (that's a Light Wound in your case... -1D to all tests until you heal)

Recovery and Stuff (assuming we survive the encounter):
Waking up:
Recovering from the Sickness:
A wizard with the sickness may test to recover his taxed Forte when he rests. Once the cl1aracter is resting, test Health against a11 obstacle equal to the number of Forte dice lost to determine how long it takes to recover.

The full rest time is four hours per lost die. Meeting the obstacle reduces the required resting time to three hours per die. Exceeding the obstacle by one reduces the resting time to two hours per die. Exceeding the obstacle by two reduces the resting time required to one hour per die. Minimum recovery time is one hour per die of tax. Rest must be completed uninterrupted.
Since you're taxed to 0 Forte, I guess Nutesh need a Ob 4 Health test, on a Failure you're out for a minimum of 4h, at which point you wake up still taxed to to B1 Forte.

Healing the Wound:
This one is not that bad: Nutesh's Light Wound is an Ob 2 Health test to recover, and takes 20h to recover on a failure, or it's immediate (once you wake up). Also, the PCs can try to apply Treatment for extra dice (maybe deal with the massive nose bleed from Nutesh's brain overheating?). None of us have Healing skills but it's just an Ob 2 to treat anyway

Edit: Regarding advancement: Depending on how strict Eric is with page 45's "Series of rolls" rule, Nutesh would just log the difficult health test for advancement (if I was GMing that would be the case)

VVhite-Crow
Scout
Scout

#9 Post by VVhite-Crow »

And we go by the BWGR rules for injuries, not the ones in the Anthology?!
For the series of test: I thought that would be only for same Stat tests. So, only one Weapon-skill-test in a Fight! or one Persuasion-skill-test in a DoW. I ask because I logged Persuasion AND Falsehood for the DoW. :D
VVhite-Crow
Scout
Scout

#10 Post by VVhite-Crow »

I really want to get a upper hand on the jackal demon but I don't understand the dice roller in your post, Enoch... I hope I'm just mistaken. ^^'
Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by Enoch »

VVhite-Crow wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:34 pm I really want to get a upper hand on the jackal demon but I don't understand the dice roller in your post, Enoch... I hope I'm just mistaken. ^^'
No problem, let me see if I can lay it out a bit clearer.

Dice Pool:

B4 Sorcery, +1D FoRK (Cult Doctrine), +1D Persona, for a total of B6.

Obstacle:

Ob 3 for an effect that creates a +2 Ob for an ability (in this case the Jackal's Savage Attack or whatever it uses), +1 Ob for Breadth: Single Target (I could have expanded it to a different ability as well for higher Ob), +1 Ob for Duration: Conflict. Total Ob: Ob 5.

Roll:

Oops, I misread that and counted the 4 as a success. Even without that, I ended up with 4 successes against Ob 5 (6, 5, 3, 2, 1, 6, 6), with 3 of them being 6's (Sorcery is automatically open-ended, so I reroll those), for an additional success (6, 4, 3), and since it was a 6 I rerolled it again for a 5, for a total of 6 successes vs. Ob 5.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust
VVhite-Crow
Scout
Scout

#12 Post by VVhite-Crow »

4s are successes! I'm with you with the dice pool: Skill B4 + 1D Fork + 1D Persona = 6 dice.
But you rolled 8! dice on the first roll (4 successes, 3 of them a 6). And then again 4(?) dice for the exploders...
hidetzugu
Scout
Scout

#13 Post by hidetzugu »

VVhite-Crow wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:32 am And we go by the BWGR rules for injuries, not the ones in the Anthology?!
For the series of test: I thought that would be only for same Stat tests. So, only one Weapon-skill-test in a Fight! or one Persuasion-skill-test in a DoW. I ask because I logged Persuasion AND Falsehood for the DoW. :D
I meant the 2 Health tests he'll have to make back to back
hidetzugu
Scout
Scout

#14 Post by hidetzugu »

VVhite-Crow wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:56 pm 4s are successes! I'm with you with the dice pool: Skill B4 + 1D Fork + 1D Persona = 6 dice.
But you rolled 8! dice on the first roll (4 successes, 3 of them a 6). And then again 4(?) dice for the exploders...
I think you are right that he made a mistake but if we want to take the same pool with the same order we get 2 6s in the first 6 dice. Which gets the other 2 dice on the 8-line, which gets one more 6 that exples into 6 then 4
VVhite-Crow
Scout
Scout

#15 Post by VVhite-Crow »

hidetzugu wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 6:17 pm
VVhite-Crow wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:32 am And we go by the BWGR rules for injuries, not the ones in the Anthology?!
I meant the 2 Health tests he'll have to make back to back
Got it. :)
Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by Enoch »

hidetzugu wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 6:25 pm
VVhite-Crow wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:56 pm 4s are successes! I'm with you with the dice pool: Skill B4 + 1D Fork + 1D Persona = 6 dice.
I think you are right that he made a mistake but if we want to take the same pool with the same order we get 2 6s in the first 6 dice. Which gets the other 2 dice on the 8-line, which gets one more 6 that exples into 6 then 4
Oh, I understand the concern now. I thought I'd rolled 6 dice, but I rolled 8. Striking off the last 2 dice from that original roll I still end up with 6 successes vs. Ob 5. Good catch.
VVhite-Crow
Scout
Scout

#17 Post by VVhite-Crow »

Enoch wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 6:56 pm
hidetzugu wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 6:25 pm I think you are right that he made a mistake but if we want to take the same pool with the same order we get 2 6s in the first 6 dice. Which gets the other 2 dice on the 8-line, which gets one more 6 that exples into 6 then 4
Oh, I understand the concern now. I thought I'd rolled 6 dice, but I rolled 8. Striking off the last 2 dice from that original roll I still end up with 6 successes vs. Ob 5. Good catch.
Still an awesome roll! :) But I have to say that I prefer the [_xd6s4] approach, when it comes to the US-dice-roller. ^^ But I understand when you and Marullus don't want to change your habits. ;)
Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by Enoch »

I have no problem doing that in the future!

Return to “A Small Time Job (Burning Wheel Gold Revised)”