tibbius
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Game. On the Road in Thaemor.

#41 Post by cybersavant »

Randar also attempts to get onto the crawler

STR: 2 (d6+d6)
Better = lands on the crawler, knocking a margr off.
expected = lands on the crawler
Worse = misses
Much Worse = misses and injures himself

gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

DM - Wrath of the Righteous (PF1)
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by tibbius »

Randar gets a firm grip on one of the crawler's handles and yanks himself up onto the open body of the machine, narrowly avoiding catching his leg in the churning tread.

Hopkirk tries to do the same from the other side, but inadvertently kicks the tread - the moving metal belt throws his foot sideways and he loses his grip, tumbling off to land on his back in the mud.

The crawler lurches away from Hopkirk. Janks comes up next to him and halts, reaching down a hand: "Ok, mate?"

Randar, atop the crawler, confronts three margr. One is driving and tries to ignore him. The other two angrily bleat at him and attempt to shove him off. They are smaller than he but act in concert.

cybersavant, please make another STR roll (worse, you get thrown off the crawler; much worse, you get injured as well; you tell me expected and better) - OR, move to combat and roll HD against the margrs' HD
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by shaidar »

Hopkirk grabs Janks' hand, pulling himself to his feet. "Thanks"

He catches his breath and checks his bow before looking towards the crawler and Randar's fate.
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by cybersavant »

tibbius wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:32 pm cybersavant, please make another STR roll (worse, you get thrown off the crawler; much worse, you get injured as well; you tell me expected and better) - OR, move to combat and roll HD against the margrs' HD
Randar shoves and grabs back at the margr. better, he knocks one or two off, expected he gains solid footing to be able to swing his weapon at them
gaming since 1980

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by tibbius »

The two margr stumble backward from Randar. One of them falls down. The other pulls a small sharp blade from a belt at its waist; the glass blade glitters in starlight.

First clash, it's one margr vs Randar. If we get to a second clash, the other margr will get up and attack. Roll your HD (2d6). You can apply them against one or both of the margr.

Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by cybersavant »

Randar swings his piece of pipe with an elbow joint at the margr with the blade

gaming since 1980

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by tibbius »

The pipe collides with the margr's head and it topples sideways off the crawler - not before swiping its glass blade across Randar's wrist, leaving a burning gouge of blood.

-1 HD (1 remaining) until you get a chance to catch your breath
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by tibbius »

cybersavant wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:20 am Randar swings his piece of pipe with an elbow joint at the margr with the blade

So you're at 1 HD - and the margr you knocked down is back on its feet - do you fight, or jump off the crawler?

Hopkirk watches the exchange of blows and sees the margr topple off the crawler. Janks holds his weapon tentatively, as if he's considering a shot into the action.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by cybersavant »

tibbius wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:37 am So you're at 1 HD - and the margr you knocked down is back on its feet - do you fight, or jump off the crawler?
Hopkirk watches the exchange of blows and sees the margr topple off the crawler. Janks holds his weapon tentatively, as if he's considering a shot into the action.
Randar swings at the margr that got up

gaming since 1980

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by shaidar »

Hopkirk

"Hold on, you might hit Randar. Wait and see, if Randar falls then zap that last Margr and I'll go help Randar."
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by cybersavant »

there's still 2, correct? one driving and the one that got up
gaming since 1980

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by shaidar »

Sorry, that's a good point,I'd lost track of that. Are they all still close enough to make firing into melee dangerous? Could Hopkirk try and catch up and board, or is it too far away now?
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by tibbius »

The crawler is moving away at a running speed, there is no chance that Hopkirk or Janks could catch it. Shooting into the brawl in starlight seems like a bad idea - even Janks has realized that and has lowered his weapon.

This clash atop the crawler is a stalemate - neither Randar nor the margr makes a mark, although Randar does step back to absorb the impact of the margr's horns.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#54 Post by cybersavant »

Randar will continue to attack in an attempt to dislodge the margr and get to the one driving

expected - hit marger, better dislodge it

gaming since 1980

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by tibbius »

Randar's bent pipe and middling armor prove too mighty for the margr to overcome.

The driver, hearing its companion squawk a bleat of pain and topple off the crawler, hastens to depart as well. The crawler ... crawls ... onward at a rapid pace, with only Randar aboard.

If he wishes to halt its progress, it is a simple matter so to do.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#56 Post by cybersavant »

Randar takes the controls and slows the crawler to turn it around. He'll only stop it once he reaches the others.
gaming since 1980

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by tibbius »

You bring the crawler back to the farmhouse. Nothing more happens tonight, although the farm steaders are pretty excited.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by cybersavant »

Randar Once back at the farmstead, he asks the family, "Those a regular occurrence around here?"

He parks the crawler right up to the barn. "Looks like we need to keep watch shifts."

is it possible to sleep ON the crawler?

gaming since 1980

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by shaidar »

Hopkirk

"Shifts it is them. Good job back there, are you OK?"
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by tibbius »

It would be super uncomfortable to sleep on the crawler, but sure, you could.

"Like we said," answers the woman with the top knot, "you need to watch out for the margr. Those goatboys usually are just mischief, but they can be deadly if you hassle them. We get by with a little tithe of beer and bread and some fruit jerky that we leave out in the full moon."

Randar is fine now that the shock of combat has faded. The gouge on his arm has stopped bleeding. It stings a bit but nothing disabling. Probably should clean it to prevent infection.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Numenera (Fail States RPG)”