Mission#8: Witches, Julia, & Kindle Too.

Bluehorse
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Mission#8: Witches, Julia, & Kindle Too.

#41 Post by Bluehorse »

MLK Park
Looking for the Secretary
September 18, 2018 2:30pm
Nice out, Clear and Breezy.

Once the team works out a plan and heads back to the Ecto to outfit themselves more properly, Mac tries for the front door finding the rickety old thing locked, but it looks like a stiff shoulder would easily push it in. Apparently, security is not a high need or concern here as much as just a show of unwelcome. The foursome look around and there is one passer by walking down the sidewalk hurriedly but he cannot help but stop and look at the group of ghostbusters and gauk for a moment.

Bystander What are yall? Exterminators or somethin?

Meanwhile you are all getting really cold standing out here in the bright sun.

I'm going to go ahead for convenience sake say you walked back to the Ecto, suited up, and drove it to park a little closer on the street outside the church.

Inventory:
Ecto: 1 Proton Pack, PKE Extention, Ecto Goggles - M, 1 Slime Blower, 1 Sniffer
======================================================================
Lionel: Ecto Keys, Phone, Proton Pack
Roy: Phone, Proton Pack, Trap, Ecto Goggles - M
Joker: Phone w/PKE Extention, Trap, Julia's Phone
Mac: Phone, Proton Pack, Ecto Goggle - A.
New Brownie Point Pool:
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 289/289 @
Roy O'Dowd: 426/426 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 345/345
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 569/569

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#42 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Seeing the door is locked, Lionel sighs in frustration. Well, that's interesting. How many churches lock their front doors during the day? Looking around, he continues, I don't really want to break in unless we need to. Maybe we look in the windows, see if the back door is unlocked? Or we could see what this other building is.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Agreed, lets look for a side entrance."
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#44 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy nods his head "Yeah, let's check that out. I don't want to end up in jail for breaking into a church."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Bluehorse »

Moving round behind the main church, there isn't much more to see. An only semi-kept empty lot and a lean-to style rickety shed against the back of the old main building. Most of the masonry looks like it is beginning to crumble and split in several places and the eaves are beginning to sag in many places. There is a lot of rot here.

The team has to circle all the way around to the northeast corner. okay, so realistically on the map it would not be northeast, but for ease of use, and the fact that I cannot make an "angled map" in Paintbrush, we are going to play with the physical location a little There is a single door here that appears to be the only other entrance to the building other than the front doors you tried before, and it too is locked. Other than some rot on the bottom where the rainwater has splashed up on it for years, this door seems much more securely built and holds tightly locked.
CotLG-2.jpg
CotLG-2.jpg (49.09 KiB) Viewed 777 times
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker finally lights his cigar, taking one long, nasty-smelling drag. He's a little wild-eyed, and his mood is hard to read. We're losing time...We need to get inside and rescue her! He raises a foot, as if to try and kick the door open, then stops and glances at Lionel.
FA FO
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Rex »

Mac

I have got this. Mac steps up and boots the door.

Muscles/Break Things specialty [_6d6]=(4+5+3+5+3+1)=21 Ghost Die [1d6]=3

Been a while so may have it wrong. His Muscles is 4 and his Muscles specialty is break things.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Bluehorse »

Rex wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:58 pm Mac

I have got this. Mac steps up and boots the door.

Muscles/Break Things specialty [_6d6]=(4+5+3+5+3+1)=21 Ghost Die [1d6]=3

Been a while so may have it wrong. His Muscles is 4 and his Muscles specialty is break things.
You actually get a +3 to your dice pool for Specialty so you could add a dice to that, but in this case, you already succeeded, so no need.

As Joker steps aside to let Mac do what he does best, the door easily gives way to an expertly planted boot right next to the knob, causing the frame to give way as the door swings in with a loud crunch! The room is dark inside but you can quickly tell you have opened a door leading into a kitchen area behind the church. The musky odor that assaults your noses tells you it has not been used for many years.
CotLG-3.jpg
CotLG-3.jpg (53.94 KiB) Viewed 767 times
Scott308

#49 Post by Scott308 »

Joker, give me Julia's phone. After getting her phone, he quietly knocks on the door and waits a few seconds before entering. He places Julia's phone on a counter in the kitchen, then heads back outside. Hey, Mac, you wanna go in there, see if you can find Julia's phone?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Sure."

Mac heads in to find her phone.
Scott308

#51 Post by Scott308 »

When Mac finds Julia's phone, Lionel enters the church. Ok, we knocked at the door, nobody answered, then Mac kicked in the door and found Julia's phone inside. Now, we go find Julia.
Obviously we'll need light sources of some sort. Do the proton packs have lights, do we have flashlights, using the flashlight feature on our phones...?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rex »

Mac

It appears there are 2 exits from the kitchen. Mac will check both to see what he can see/hear. Using the proton pack light or his phone.
GreyWolfVT

#53 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy nods his head "Agreed."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Bluehorse »

Scott308 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:05 am Obviously we'll need light sources of some sort. Do the proton packs have lights, do we have flashlights, using the flashlight feature on our phones...?
Your proton packs have a light on the end of the "barrel" but you have to have it drawn. But I'll tell you what, flip a coin 1d2 and see if you have a flashlight on you. Even and Odd. Even you have one, Odd you don't.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Rex »

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Urson »

Joker
Despite the situation, Joker grins a little. It's nice to see 'crooked cop' techniques used by the good guys for a change.

[1d2]=1 No flashlight.

Joker turns on the light app on his phone. This will drink the battery quickly...
FA FO
GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Flashlight [1d2]=1 that'd be a no.

Roy smacks himself of the forehead with the heel of his hand "We're being daft. We all have cellphones. Just turn on flashlight mode." he switches on his cellphone's flashlight mode and shines the light around.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Rex »

Mac

Having a rather bad history of loosing his cell phone, Mac uses the flashlight on the proton pack wand.
Scott308

#59 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel readies his proton pack and turns it's light on. He'll follow Mac whichever direction he goes.
Flashlight: [1d2]=1
Wow, 50/50 chance and none of us rolled a 2. :shock:

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker takes a couple of reluctant steps toward the Western door. Julia! Neredesin? he shouts.
FA FO

Return to “Ghostbusters RPG”