TREEHOUSE (tavern)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: TREEHOUSE (tavern)

#841 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall happily serves TK some food and drink with the others, looking a little nervous since he hasn't seen any coin offered yet. You can see the man struggling to keep the tab in his head, however.
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#842 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Seeing Randall's look Feanol says "One more round of drinks for the table, then what do I owe you?"
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#843 Post by Darklin2 »

Darklin

Feanol, I am thinking the best place that we saw to move is to the river camp by the cave, But that is not really that great. Soil there was still sandy. We need to push inland along the river. The dense forest will give us trees to build with and the soil there will have all the decayed leaves that will fertilize the soil. Someone mentioned something about herb fields when I first got here but that might be a good place to start looking.

He continues eating listening to the other two.

I guess you are right about the 3 of us. We need a couple more to add to our numbers. I will get with Marge tomorrow and see who is here to heal me, if anyone. Other wise if we wait a few days so I can heal and recruit others if they are not back my tomorrow night we should go after them. They could be wondering around out there looking for us. We really need a canoe to go up river. Otherwise we are slow moving.

I am to tired to think about all this right now. Could one of you stop by and check on me tomorrow. I think I am ready for some sleep. Come by the big tent by the Bi-Lo tomorrow when your ready I will be there sleeping and resting. Both of you are welcome to sleep there if you need a place. Come by any time. OH. and Feanol forget about the bodyguard money. I didn't do such a hot job. Keep your money. Good Night. Feanol do you have any spells you would like to trade. I have several if your interested. Stop by tomorrow and we can trade a few.

On the way out he tosses Randal a Gold. Thanks for the meal and booze.

He then half falls half slides down the rope from the Tavern and heads back to his tent.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#844 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"Yeah we really didn't see a better place other than being closer to fresh water. I agree if there is a place it's further up the river"

"I totally agree a boat of some kind would make a big difference getting up and down the river. may be worth building one when we get back to the river. I hope they found my note that's why I wanted to leave it so they didn't stay to look for us."

As he's leaving "Thanks, I'll check on you tomorrow. My stuff is at the Princesses so I'll head there for the night. And, yes let's do some trading tomorrow."
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#845 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

"Thanks for the food! And the company!" The Knife calls out to Darklin as he departs.

"You know, I've just had a thought," mumbles The Knife, almost to himself."I heard some of the locals talking when I was over at the water barrels earlier. Apparently there was a cleric here earlier this evening. He was looking for people to go on a trip with him to find some great treasure that will save the town"

"What do you think?",
he asks Feanol. "Maybe we could look for him in the morning. Make a deal with him. If he comes with us to look for Keg and the others, we'll go with him to look for his treasure."
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#846 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"That sounds fine to me. We still need to find some fighters though. See you in the morning." Having not been given a tab from Randall, she catches him and gives him 2gp then heads down out of the treehouse.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#847 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall is thrilled with the tab, and the nice tip. :D

"Yesa! Come on back ta see Randall anytime! Mi always ear."
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#848 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

The Knife's growling stomach eventually leads him up to the Treehouse, in search of breakfast.

"Good morning Randall! How are you today? Goodness, it seems like I was just in here."

"Some stew and a mug of grog please."

Once his breakfast arrives, The Knife tucks in. He tried to discreetly watch the other patrons as he does, hoping to see a battle-hardened mercenary or ruthless killer sitting amongst them.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#849 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall hops out of his hammock, smiles at the early morning greeting, and gets to work.

“Yesa! Mi good. An mi feel dat way a lot too, mi fren!”

After a lengthy wait, the stew is slightly warmer than the grog, and a young human couple enters the tavern. They appear to be common townies, and are the only other current patrons.
kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#850 Post by kruk »

Cresty

A man enters the tree house and pauses to scan the area within. His armor and weapon and clothing are battered but still usable. An observer can easily tell that this man has been through a lot. The man moves towards the bar and finds a place to sit.

To Randal: In the past month I've been blown up and turned to stone, then broken into pieces. Today I was converted back to flesh by member of my adventuring party named Lerrick after I was pieced together painstakingly by a fine wizard named Andron... blessed their souls. It has been two or more weeks since I last ate. Can you set me up with two or three plates of your finest food and a couple pints of that delicious grog you sell.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#851 Post by OGRE MAGE »

kruk wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:18 pm Cresty

A man enters the tree house and pauses to scan the area within. His armor and weapon and clothing are battered but still usable. An observer can easily tell that this man has been through a lot. The man moves towards the bar and finds a place to sit.

To Randal: In the past month I've been blown up and turned to stone, then broken into pieces. Today I was converted back to flesh by member of my adventuring party named Lerrick after I was pieced together painstakingly by a fine wizard named Andron... blessed their souls. It has been two or more weeks since I last ate. Can you set me up with two or three plates of your finest food and a couple pints of that delicious grog you sell.
Randall looks back at the man as if he had three heads, either unwilling or unable to recognize the former gallant.

"Wait......Ya was dead? An now ya aint?"

The dark skinned barman keeps his distance initially, afraid to get within touching range.

"Do dat make ya some kinda undead ting den? Mi neva ad a undead orderin mi stew befo."
kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#852 Post by kruk »

Cresty
OGRE MAGE wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:15 pm
kruk wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:18 pm "Wait......Ya was dead? An now ya aint?"

The dark skinned barman keeps his distance initially, afraid to get within touching range.

"Do dat make ya some kinda undead ting den? Mi neva ad a undead orderin mi stew befo."
The fighter looks at Randal initially confused by his comments and actions. What?...oh...no...technically I wasn't dead. I was petrified and then broken into pieces by a raging minotaur. I'm all better now.

Just then a half-elf with green eyes enters the Tree House. She scans the area and spots Cresty.

<Lerrick> Ah...there you are. Come now Cresty. We need you for an expedition.
Without waiting for a reply she leaves.

Cresty looks up at Randal and winks Guess I'll have to wait for the grog and food for another time. The fighter gets up from his stool, wincing while doing so, then adjusts a few straps on his armor and checks his blade. Duty calls. He then leaves the establishment.
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#853 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Not spotting anyone she recognizes moving about town Feanol has come back to the Tree House.

"Hi Randall, how's it going today." She says as she takes a seat at the empty bar. "I'd like some more of that stew and grog if you're still serving?"
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#854 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ahlmzhad wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:07 pm Not spotting anyone she recognizes moving about town Feanol has come back to the Tree House.

"Hi Randall, how's it going today." She says as she takes a seat at the empty bar. "I'd like some more of that stew and grog if you're still serving?"
"Yes mon! Mi all good, jano."

He quickly serves the elf some breakfast and grog.

"Ya look a likkle loss, mi fren. Any ting mi can do ta elp?"

If the answer is yes.....
viewtopic.php?p=525263#p525263
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#855 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"Not so much lost, just waiting and a bit impatiently. We had three that didn't come out when we did, and I expected them back today. Have you seen the Knife? The gnome that was here with us last night?"

She'll eat her Breakfast and give him time to respond.

I'll head over there next, I hoped he'd be able to find me here since he was looking. On another subject, do I need to get healed, or did the food and rest get those last 2 hp back for me?
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#856 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall just smiles.

"Ya mean dat weird likkle guy who tok ta imself a lot? Mi tink him went inta dat tent down der."

She would gain the 2 hit points back after resting comfortably for the night.
viewtopic.php?p=302401#p302401
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#857 Post by Ahlmzhad »

"Thanks Randall" having finished her meal she pays up and heads out and for the tent he pointed out.
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#858 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Gnodric
Fresh off the boat, the young fighter has headed for the local watering hole just as he would in any other town. Vaulting up the ladder he bounds into the Treehouse. Spotting the man in dreds he cries out "Hola, my good man. What does some grog and food run in this fine establishment?"
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#859 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall looks the elf up and down, even though he's never heard that greeting before.

"Yesa, yesa! Whagwan sa? Fresh off da ship mi see. We haff rum fi one gold coin, an some good grog fi a silva."

"We got some jungle stew too........also one silva."
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#860 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Gnodric

Slapping down 4 Silvers "Bring some of that stew and grog"!

Return to “Completed Missions”