The Firehouse - Home Sweet Home 2

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Firehouse - Home Sweet Home 2

#281 Post by Rex »

Mac

Everything Jason said he was grabbing. Most importantly to Mac is some sort of flashlight.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#282 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy unsure of if he heard the commotion, hears his phone go off and sees the test sighs and gets up and follows Mac and Jason. He grabs a trap and blaster. "Better safe than sorry. Alright lets go get him."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker is just finishing collecting his stuff when the text comes through. He hurries to join the others.

Joker would know this- but I'm not clear on it. Does the PKE ever react to "holy ground"?
FA FO
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#284 Post by Bluehorse »

Urson wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:22 pm Joker
Joker would know this- but I'm not clear on it. Does the PKE ever react to "holy ground"?
That is a good question. I will say that it does, but in a passive way. You open it up in the app and it is kind of like viewing the UV index. It is something there but not nessicarily something to be immediately noticed or fearful of. Maybe a better comparison would be humidity. You might be able to just feel it on some level if there is enough of it, but in the end humid or not 75 degrees is still pretty much 75 degrees, just a little uncomfortable but in a positive way.
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#285 Post by Taaz »

Jason wasn't quiet awake enough to have grabbed more than his laptop and phone. Which he has in his hands as they approach the stop.

My headcannon is its like radio waves so you could still pick up a signal but what your near determines how much "noise" there is.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#286 Post by Bluehorse »

Taaz wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:12 pm Jason wasn't quiet awake enough to have grabbed more than his laptop and phone. Which he has in his hands as they approach the stop.

My headcannon is its like radio waves so you could still pick up a signal but what your near determines how much "noise" there is.
Precisely how I have been treating it :) Also, Move here:
viewtopic.php?p=497647#p497647
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse: Home Sweet Home (2)
Back @ HQ
September 10, 2018 8am
Nice out!  Cool and cloudy

Julia arrives on time as usual, with the usual trays of coffee and treats from the Fort Smith Coffee Company.  The secretary resists taking one of the cherry pastries from the box right away... for a second. Then she snatches one with a napkin before moving back to her desk. She picks up the phone and hitting the intercom button: The time is now 8 am this Tuesday morning. The temperature is a nice 70 degrees and the high today will only be 77 before it cools off for us when the afternoon storms roll through and knock the temperatures right back down to where they are now, Whoo Hoo!
On the agenda today is a last-minute call from yesterday from Mr. Slade Slimmerman of Slimmerman Motors. He called and asked when we were going to do the commercial shoot. He sounded... eager. Let's get on that.  On a final note, once more, a very thankful Coffee Company down the road has sent free coffee and breakfast which can be found in the breakroom. Good morning Old Fort Ghostbusters!

And she hangs up the receiver, munching on the delicious pastry as she settles into her chair to start her work, going through the mail and messages before you hear a SCREAM!!!

Then the Alarm sounds!

When you get to the lobby, Julia is red-faced and holding up a bank statement! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Bank Statements:
August final statement
September beginning statement
viewtopic.php?p=506880#p506880

Lighter Note: Personal Bankrolls!
viewtopic.php?p=506918#p506918

Also!!! Since this is the first time we get to do this, someone roll me a 1d100 to see what will also happen for this month :)

viewtopic.php?p=374896#p374896 Good Luck!
Brownie Point Pool:
Roy O'Dowd: 157/157 @
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  209/209 @
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 188/188
David "Mac" McAuslan 191/191
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 250/250
Sam Strickland 90/90

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die. Merry Christmas 2019!
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#288 Post by Taaz »

After the events of the sewer Jason spends most of the weekend back at HQ trying to help Joker separate Jack and Harlem, barring a bunch with Gabby and a few cardio classes from Lionel in the gym. Hopefully keeping this up he can start dodging more in juries than he does as the purple welts from the tool shed equipment remind him as he trains. I am going to buy a dot in moves so maybe he can dodge once in a while. I will update my sheet if that gets the green light tho.

As Tuesday rolls around Jason hears the intercom message from Julia while in the lab. Right need to get Lionel on that, just been a busy... and thats when he hears Julias scream and the alarm. Dropping what he was working on he runs out to her desk Are you ok?! when he sees the bank statement. Oh...that doesnt look great.

Chaos: [1d100] = 43 = Internet Out: [1d6] = 3 I really hope thats hours.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#289 Post by Bluehorse »

Taaz wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:10 pm I am going to buy a dot in moves so maybe he can dodge once in a while. I will update my sheet if that gets the green light tho.
You're go!
Taaz wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:10 pm
Days! :twisted:
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by Urson »

Joker
When you get to the lobby, Julia is red-faced and holding up a bank statement! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
Ummmm... ooops?
FA FO
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#291 Post by Taaz »

Bluehorse wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:49 pm
Taaz wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:10 pm
Days! :twisted:

its almost like you work for Comcast in real life lolol
GreyWolfVT

#292 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy doesn't wait for Julia to finish the statement about coffee and breakfast he bolts to the break room snatches a coffee and some food. While eating and drinking he tries to talk "You think the car guy will throw in a deal and give us another vehicle?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#293 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Sam Strickland

Good morning Julia!

How has your morning been?

Sam prepares a steaming cup of coffee for himself.

I am heading back into the tunnels again today. Yesterday, we followed a man through the tunnels and he got away from me. I thought I was in better shape than that, you know?

Anyways, I am trying to map the system and see if I can find some indication of where he went and why he was behind our office. Perhaps there will be some other utility to knowing the connections under the city.

Say, do you remember what date the rare flower bloom is supposed to happen?
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#294 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse: Home Sweet Home (2)
Back @ HQ
September 10, 2018 8:05am
Nice out!  Cool and cloudy

Julia looks like she is about to bust a vessel looking between Roy & Sam as she holds up the bank statement showing they are in the red. Look... I work hard. I want to see this place succeed... but if we don't have this bank statement, back in the black by the end of the month, then we are going to get shut down! We are in the red! Do you not get it? We are not just broke, we are beyond broke! We wish we had nothing because that would be more than we have now! We have less than nothing!

And why did no one tell me we had to play investor shares of our profits?! At this rate we could work for free and barely make enough to pay our building operations. I like my job, but I don't like it that much!

She sits down and rubs her temples. Okay... I can just search this up and see what is going on... Click... Click click...Click click click! She screams in frustration. AND NOW THE INTERNET IS DOWN!!!

Brownie Point Pool:
Roy O'Dowd: 157/157 @
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  209/209 @
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 188/188
David "Mac" McAuslan 191/191
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 250/250
Sam Strickland 90/90

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die. Merry Christmas 2019!
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#295 Post by Taaz »

Theres no way that can be right, doesn't corporate have lawyers do these deals?
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#296 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Coming back from his run, Lionel heads into the office and grabs a donut, taking a bite out of it before noticing the stress on Julia's face. Good morning? Uh...did I miss something?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#297 Post by Taaz »

Yeah we are broke, and apparently we are giving up 25k a month to "investor shares" he finger quotes along with investor shares.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#298 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Great."
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#299 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker has the decency to look embarrassed, thinking of the (expensive) mound of scrapped electronics he's made in the lab while working on The Device.
I do not know much of investments- but aren't investments only paid when there is a profit?
FA FO
GreyWolfVT

#300 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy "Okay okay calm down. I'll shut up and go look for a side job to help." with that he takes his coffee and breakfast and goes for a walk into town to see if any place is looking for a computer technician.

Return to “Mission Archive”