The Firehouse - Home Sweet Home 2

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Firehouse - Home Sweet Home 2

#201 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker swears mightily as Samsun scores yet another goal on Ephasus. That.. Hakem is blind! kırmızı kart that man! My büyükanne could see!
His half-smoked cheroot goes out the window, to join two others that have fallen victim to his fury.
FA FO
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#202 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy shares the information with the others I know I said library unsure if the book was in the local public library or the library at the GB Fort.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#203 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Lionel sends Jamie a text: Just saw your piece on the news- awesome job! Makes me proud to be part of the team, helping the community. Still think that football game footage should have been on Sports Center, oh well.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by Bluehorse »

[b]Joker[/b] wrote: Joker swears mightily as Samsun scores yet another goal on Ephasus. That.. Hakem is blind! kırmızı kart that man! My büyükanne could see!
His half-smoked cheroot goes out the window, to join two others that have fallen victim to his fury.
As the game wraps up, there are a couple of commercials that come on the TV back to back between the national stuff:

In the first segment:

A few images of sunrises and flowers blowing in the breeze come onto the TV. Various other pleasant visuals as a soft voice begins speaking. We are all God's children... We are all a part of his glorious creation... We bask in his divinity, which was bought.... and the image of a bunny suddenly runs blood red. There is an image of the crucifixion, a sped-up sunset, and nails being driven. And yet... so many chose to flaunt this gift bought in the suffering of the living god. Sin runs rampant. darker images flash with the sounds of whips cracking, thunder striking and screams of all kinds in the background. Then there is an image of the Mayor. Those with forked tongues seek power over gods children to fill the endless void of their own greed. And your silence... is consent to it all. And the image of a stern Father Belmont sits before the camera in all his self-righteous arrogance. He holds his Bible, and points with the other hand at the camera. And his suffering that you reject... will become the suffering of you and all your kin that you cannot guide to the rood, ten folds. God is watching and waiting, and the Watchdogs... as he points to the old chard cross, the image fades to an image of his church with the name and time of his Show "The Watchdogs" Sundays at 9pm. ...and I are watching. I shall cast the first stone.

In the next Segment of commercials:

It stays black for about a half seconds and then the logo for D.O.O.R. zooms in from the center of the screen with a piano chord. Death is never the end. It is but a first step into a greater state of being. There is no shame in it. No reason to fear death itself. Sometimes, our loved ones stay around, for their own reasons. Sometimes they are trying to communicate with us. Sometimes, others may be near. Regardless of your circumstances, you can come to us. We are ready to listen. We are eager to help.

An image of a woman pops onto the screen: Becky Hemsly. Client. My daughter went missing. The police had no leads, and the case was going cold. I was desperate, and I called D.O.O.R. video of case files go across the screen doing a good job of catching the attention and being compelling. You see the Name Sarah Hemsly and some dates on the paperwork. There are then some images of crystals, candles, sage, and maps strewn across the table. the profile of the woman against the window using a pendulum over it all. The as the woman continues speaking it slowly fades back to her as she chokes up a little. They found her.
It took almost no time at all. They worked directly with the police and found my baby girl. And then they found her killer the same day. He is in prison now, where he belongs for what he did. Without the help of D.O.O.R.... I believe she would still be out there, and we would never have had closure. These people are real. They want to help.
It fades back to the logo with the same soft music fading out as it does in the end.

[b]Roy[/b] wrote: shares the information with the others I know I said library unsure if the book was in the local public library or the library at the GB Fort.
We'll say it was from one of the books you borrowed from Papa P.

[quote="Lionel "Freight Train" Williams"]

Lionel sends Jamie a text: Just saw your piece on the news- awesome job! Makes me proud to be part of the team, helping the community. Still think that football game footage should have been on Sports Center, oh well.[/quote]

Jamie: Hey! I was hoping you guys would see it! Please, share it around social media! It is a huge help! Glad you liked it!
Last edited by Bluehorse on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker, who is already worked up about the game, mutters a few very harsh phrases in Turkish as Father Belmont spews his commentary.
He taps a search into his phone during the DOOR commercial. After wading through the lawncare ads and a few very odd images of naked women partially buried in wood mulch, The Latin phrase from the DOOR seal says whether or not reality. That seems oddly... incomplete.

Once the impromptu football party breaks up, Joker will go get some rest.
FA FO
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#206 Post by Bluehorse »

Back to HQ
The Firehouse: Home Sweet Home
August 25, 2018, 8:15am
Nice with a steady rain

Jason was out all night And will join us here later and the guys were in watching football and looking into some local news and commercials.

There is a steady rain tapping on the windows. The old building gentles shifts and creaks in the wind, giving it a slight character all it's own.

It's your day off pending an emergency.

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool:
Roy O'Dowd: 115/115 @
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 136/136 @
David "Mac" McAuslan 137/137 @
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 163/168 @
Jon 'Red' Roop 33/33
Sam Strickland 23/24

Effects in place:
@ - Action Point - ReRoll without a Ghost Die - Merry Xmas 2019!
Last edited by Bluehorse on Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#207 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Sam Strickland

For before the update

Sam thinks that he needs to read the employee handbook more carefully as he packs up Hrothgar to head home to his small cottage rental.

I will see you all bright and early..., Sam says as he slowly leaves the room with the cat, his satchel, and a couple of the cat food cans - looking back briefly to see if anyone is going to comment.

For after the update

Sam thinks he will walk a new route to work and see if he can see a new area of the city - but drat this rain! He steps in a deep puddle formed by a pothole and soaks the cuff of his pant up above the sock. He arrives at the station on time but dripping wet and Hrothgar is wet and unhappy.

Do you guys live here?, he says as he walks in awkwardly trying to avoid the damp pant leg touching too much skin.
Scott308

#208 Post by Scott308 »

When he sees Sam preparing to go, he invites him to stay. You can stay here if you want. There are bunks for us. The rest of us all live here. Makes it quick and easy if we get a call. Plus, you don't have to keep moving the cat.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by Urson »

Joker
Yes, Sam. You're one of us- you should stay.

In the morning
Joker makes a pot of his coffee- flavored paint remover and settles down to catch up on some of the science blogs. He crunches peanut-butter toast as he reads. At some point, he'll remember the cigar butts he threw out the window and go to collect them.
FA FO
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#210 Post by Bluehorse »

Urson wrote:Joker
Yes, Sam. You're one of us- you should stay.

In the morning
Joker makes a pot of his coffee- flavored paint remover and settles down to catch up on some of the science blogs. He crunches peanut-butter toast as he reads. At some point, he'll remember the cigar butts he threw out the window and go to collect them.
Joker, once outside in the parking area / ally on the north side of the building, will see a lot of scuff marks in the pavement going back and forth along the pavement, parallel to the building.
Scott308

#211 Post by Scott308 »

Not letting the weather stop him from going for his daily run, Lionel does sleep in a bit since it is a day off. Still, he's out the door just before 8. When he gets back, he'll hop in the shower before grabbing breakfast. As he eats, he'll give a quick shout out on Screecher. Anyone catch the @JamieRoth story on the news last night? Really nice piece on the Old Fort Ghostbusters. Thanx Jamie, great job!

When he's finished, he'll send Jamie a text. Hey, I have the day off today and was wondering if you'd be interested in showing me the city. I haven't really had a chance to explore the area yet, and would like it if you could show me around, maybe hit a few of your favorite places. Not haunted, of course. Day off and all.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#212 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker stops, scowling at the marks on the pavement. Those weren't there before...

Do the marks appear to be drag marks, leading in a certain direction? If so, Joker will follow them to figure out what's going on. Most likely the trashman.
FA FO
GreyWolfVT

#214 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy brings the book he was reading to show the others to see what they think.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#215 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker approaches the trees, cautiously. He's dealt with a few homeless folks who were absolutely crazed, so he's on alert.
Hello? I'm a friend. I mean no harm! He stops about 5 feet from the trees, hands out in front of him, palms up.
FA FO
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#216 Post by Bluehorse »

There is a shuffle under the overgrowth. You can see there has been a tarp cleverly hung under the ivy that is hidden from view on the outside but provides a good cover within against the weather.
TinCanJim.JPG
TinCanJim.JPG (24.68 KiB) Viewed 592 times
The face of a homeless man pokes his head out. He doesn't see the fighting type. hey... what'dya...? Crab nipple...
He looks at you with the blank wide eyed 1000 yard stare like an animal ready to run.
GreyWolfVT

#217 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ok I guess I am lost what is all this about a tree?

GreyWolfVT

#219 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy leaves the book open on a table and places something as a mark to save the pages and goes outside to see what Joker is up to.

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#220 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Sam likes a little separation between work and the rest of his life.

Hrothgar isn’t going to want to stay in the station all the time Sam thinks as Hrothgar gets out of the carrier and rolls around in a newly preferred spot under the conference room table. and who is going to care for all my house plants...

Sam has a small bag of trash that he wants to take out of the station. He is going to go out the back entrance and look for trash containers.

Where do they keep these things?, Sam scratches his head and buries his hand in his long curly hair contemplating the problem.

Return to “Mission Archive”