OOC / Questions?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC / Questions?

#61 Post by Alethan »

Oh, snap!

Argennian and Migellito upped the game by throwing Rogahn and Zelligar into their background stories!

Hmmm... maybe I'll add a bit more to the end of my story.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#62 Post by migellito »

Alethan wrote:Oh, snap!

Argennian and Migellito upped the game by throwing Rogahn and Zelligar into their background stories!

me - pushing the envelope since 1981.

hehe.. hope I didn't cause you too much trouble :)
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by rredmond »

a 1/2 orc barbarian eh?

I've got like 80% of the good stuff now, and the beginnings are a little linear, so I'm going to start setting it up and get ready to go. Should be good to o by Monday the latest, though I hope to have it all up tomorrow. Huzzah!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#64 Post by migellito »

Awesome! :)
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#65 Post by Alethan »

migellito wrote:
Alethan wrote:Oh, snap!

me - pushing the envelope since 1981.

hehe.. hope I didn't cause you too much trouble :)
Nyah, just making me think a bit, that's all! :D It only hurts a little at first each time.

Looking forward to starting, Ron!
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:a 1/2 orc barbarian eh?

I've got like 80% of the good stuff now, and the beginnings are a little linear, so I'm going to start setting it up and get ready to go. Should be good to o by Monday the latest, though I hope to have it all up tomorrow. Huzzah!
Sounds awesome, Ron! A great big Huzzah in addition! :P

I think I've finally got my character sheet sorted. I was working on it sometimes as I was falling asleep, so I've had plenty of typos & misspellings to correct. Being able to post from my phone is very convenient but these tiny keys makes me feel like an ogre trying to type at times! :) Anyhoo, should have internet at my new place soon and always have the old laptop to use at the many local free Wifi spots.

Alethan - no worries on those bracers for Till. Since Yosef can cast in armor, they really only become a back up or option as they could be utilized if he removed his chain armor and had to help scout or be stealthy. But with a mere 10 hit points, probably a good idea to keep that chainmail on! :)

Honestly, I was really torn between a couple of those magic kits, as I could envision great uses for each of them, such as that potion of invisibility with 8 doses or that scroll with the Hold Portal and (especially) Suggestion spells). In the end, just couldn't say no to that wand of fire! (must have been that nightmare I had of our party being attacked by a barbarian horde :wink:) I'm a player that surely likes to see the party is as well rounded as possible, so I'm game to trade off items with other party members and continually reassess our resourcefulness as we find and gather items/magic.

Edit: spelling! Again!
Last edited by Argennian on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#67 Post by Alethan »

We should look into how much it would cost to add charges to your wand. Till understands and appreciates the power of such a thing and would be happy to contribute significant portions of his shares to its replenishment (once we get some loot in hand, of course).

The scrolls would be especially useful if one could transcribe them into their spellbook (I've always been a little unsure as to how that works and when it is possible...).

I was very tempted by the potions of invisibility - that would have given Till a chance at 8 really good backstab attempts. If it had been paired with a +1 dagger (a little assassination "gift pack" if you will), and not the +1 quarterstaff, I think I would have picked it, instead. But a quarterstaff just wouldn't reflect well upon Till's idiom. And you can hardly "backstab" with a staff, right?

Oh, by the way, Argennian, your character's name is spelled Yosef at the very top of your character sheet and Josef in the background and description...
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:...Oh, by the way, Argennian, your character's name is spelled Yosef at the very top of your character sheet and Josef in the background and description...
Ha! Thanks for the heads up on that Alethan! The J is now, correctly, a Y! :)

Funny, in my FtF groups, I'm usually the bloke that keeps journal notes, KIAs/treasure lists, maps, does the proof-reading, catches typos & chides others for misspellings! It's refreshing to have others I game with that are astute and paying attention to detail. Cheers, man! :D
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#69 Post by Alethan »

I'm a technical writer by trade, so I get paid to notice things like that. My main job is software documentation. Fairly boring stuff and I don't get to do as much writing as I'd like... but I do get to do a fair share of document editing. My part-time job, which I've just recently quit after 8 years (per no time because of a 7-month-old baby) was to proof one document and make sure the data in it matched another document. That was for American City Business Journals - the parent company of all the <City> Business Journal magazines (like St. Louis Business Journal or Cincinnati Business Journal). It was boring, too, but it paid well for part-time work I could do at home ($13/hour).

It's hard to turn it off when I'm not at work.

It also explains why I can't write just a two-paragraph Background or Description... :|

My wife hates watching movies with me because I'm also good at noticing every little editing error where the film was reversed or costume didn't get something right during a take on a scene that made it into the movie... Honestly, it can bother me, too, when it keeps me from enjoying a show.

I'll try to keep editing comments to a minimum. :)
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Argennian »

No worries, Alethan! :D It's all good and do appreciate the keen eye for detail. Personally, I'm claiming little keys on my phone! :wink:

Hey, just read Till's character background/description and really like it! I also like giving a PC some depth and detail to their background and persona. Imho, it certainly makes IC immersion easier and more to form. Better go update my sheet! :P

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by rredmond »

Did I miss any questions?

Otherwise I think we'll begin.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#72 Post by ToniXX »

I've updated the background on my character, and I'm ready for adventure!
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by rredmond »

If you want to associate any characters (or set up characters and then associate them) with this campaign, the ID number is 45 at the die roller:

http://www.unseenservant.com/

It's pretty easy to add the campaign ID to your character, I'm not sure how easy it is to set up a character as it's been a while for me. Should be pretty straightforward.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#74 Post by Alethan »

Once you log in to the Unseen Servant Dice Roller site...

If you don't have a character already, then:
1. Click on My Characters at the top of the screen. This takes you to the Characters screen.
2. Click on Create a New Character.
3. Enter a name and the Campaign ID and click Submit.

If you already have a character on the dice roller site, then:
1. Click on My Characters.
2. Click on the name of the character you want to add to the campaign. This takes you to the Edit Character screen.
3. Enter the Campaign ID and click Submit.

(I love writing How To documentation. It's my specialty.)
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Argennian »

Ron, had a quick question: was curios what season or time of year it is currently? Also wondering, based upon what the village sages say of our destination, if we should bring cold weather gear or plan on any temperature/climate extremes? Just curious! :)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#76 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:Once you log in to the Unseen Servant Dice Roller site...

If you don't have a character already, then:
1. Click on My Characters at the top of the screen. This takes you to the Characters screen.
2. Click on Create a New Character.
3. Enter a name and the Campaign ID and click Submit.

If you already have a character on the dice roller site, then:
1. Click on My Characters.
2. Click on the name of the character you want to add to the campaign. This takes you to the Edit Character screen.
3. Enter the Campaign ID and click Submit.

(I love writing How To documentation. It's my specialty.)
Good instructions! My degree in in English, with an emphasis on tech writing. I've never used it as my main focus for work, but I do have to document the software that I write. I don't know too many other coders that can also write good docs.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#77 Post by Alethan »

Yeah, most programmers can't communicate for sh!t if it isn't in Java. It isn't that they can't just provide useful design documentation for what they're programming; they have problems communicating in anything other than FB or a text message. Not good when I have to face-to-face with them or phone/e-mail interview them to get information on a new screen. And their reading comprehension is terrible, as well. Forces me to write my e-mails at the most basic of levels. It's frustrating, because I know these aren't dumb people! But communication in any form is generally not their strong suit.

The job of a tech writer is really a lot more "Information Extraction" than it is actual writing.

Programming Joke of the Day:
There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sorry for the minor tangent... back to our regularly scheduled PbP game!
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by rredmond »

Argennian wrote:Ron, had a quick question: was curios what season or time of year it is currently? Also wondering, based upon what the village sages say of our destination, if we should bring cold weather gear or plan on any temperature/climate extremes? Just curious! :)
It's wonderful weather, Spring is full on and the temperatures are warm. No rain, but not unheard of in this time of year.

The sages can tell you all sorts of things, but they are really no help about the destination. Just guesses, which quickly become obvious.
migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#79 Post by migellito »

Alethan wrote:Yeah, most programmers can't communicate for sh!t if it isn't in Java. It isn't that they can't just provide useful design documentation for what they're programming; they have problems communicating in anything other than FB or a text message. Not good when I have to face-to-face with them or phone/e-mail interview them to get information on a new screen. And their reading comprehension is terrible, as well. Forces me to write my e-mails at the most basic of levels. It's frustrating, because I know these aren't dumb people! But communication in any form is generally not their strong suit.

The job of a tech writer is really a lot more "Information Extraction" than it is actual writing.

Programming Joke of the Day:
There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sorry for the minor tangent... back to our regularly scheduled PbP game!
hehe.. at the software co. where I used to work, part of my job was to be the 'interface' between management and the coders. Somehow I managed to be well-liked by both groups :)
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#80 Post by Alethan »

Minor confusion, Ron... which Action thread should we be using at this point? Or, rather, what should we be using the ACTION Thread TOP topic for vs. the Action Thread 1 - The Departing topic?

It seems we're starting to get things on both and I'm not sure which one to use.

Thanks!

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”